Zone1 Should you have to pay taxes to be able to vote?

fyi
Many people that work do not pay federal income taxes, because they do not earn enough taxable income. And many seniors living on the SS checks do not pay income taxes....

According to our Constitution, EVERY CITIZEN OVER THE AGE OF 18 HAS THE RIGHT TO VOTE....

(MY STATE, follows that strictly and even felons, in prison, have the right to vote, only the mentally disabled may be disenfranchised under certain conditions)
the left all right to quote the constitution for anything,,

A better idea is to weed out the morons and idiots with proof of citizenship, literacy tests, and civics tests, one for all three levels of elections. The reasons for temporarily banning those tests is long gone; blacks and latinos are ignorant and stupid these days entirely by choice, same as with whites, so bring the tests back.

If they want to ban freeloaders then by all means do so, since that includes anybody working a fake job on Wall Street and all the deadbeats living off of interest and stock dividends and inheritances.
The civics and literacy tests are UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

It is a terribly silly and bad idea to flirt with.

and dumb. Why? Everybody pays some kind of tax. Why not make it about "earned" income? This way trsut fund babies would all have to go out and work.

You hate freedom? People are free to vote for whatever they desire and...
If you vote for Kamala then you should pay taxes Kamala wants to raise.

And those that don't should not have to pay them.

Or do you hate democracy?

How can anyone never have worked a day in their life?
they dont get a job and go on government handouts instead,,

we currently have 3rd generations doing this,,
The voting age should be 25. Any younger and your brain isn't properly wired up yet. Add five years of real-life experience and we can push it back to age 30.
if youre forced to go to war you can vote and drink booze

we all have a personal opinion on why some groups shouldnt vote,,

mine isnt if youre forced to fight and die excludes you,,
The military wants young people because they are immature, inexperienced, idealistic, and malleable. The same reason political parties want them.

The military wants young people because they are immature, inexperienced, idealistic, and malleable. The same reason political parties want them.
you left out malleable and easier to train,,

doesnt changed that they are forced to fight and die for their country,,

I'm not in the tax bracket. Neither are you. So don't worry.

and proposals are not law, so calm down Mary
Kamala will not raise taxes on the average Joe directly

Oh, no, no, no. She will allow the Trump tax cuts to expire, which will raise everyone's taxes

Then she will raise taxes on corporations as the cost gets passed down to everyone else.

Then from what I hear she will increase taxation on capital gains. That means if you have retirement savings you will pay more.

And as she spends trillions more than what was spent under Joe Biden, the value of the dollar will wane even further.

Yea, no thnx.

Forum List

Back