Zone1 Should you have to pay taxes to be able to vote?

The unfortunate fact is that Democrats rely on people who are net-takers from the Government, and low-information voters - a Venn Diagram of which groups would show almost total confluence.

They stole the election in 2020 by harvesting the votes of such people, most of whom had never voted before and could not vote again without someone taking them by the hand, so to speak, and making it happen.

Contrary to what Leftists preach, Democracy could be made much, much better if...
  • Citizens seeking to register to vote were required to take the very same Civics test that immigrants are required to pass i order to become voting citizens,
  • We went back to Election Day rather than Election season,
  • We reinstituted the principle that you can either vote in person on Election Day or by legitimate Absentee Ballot, and that's it,
  • Voting were limited to citizens who have paid net income taxes for the preceding couple years, with a modest minimum amount.
I admit, it's a good thing that I am not Emperor of the United States.

Then you need to garner more citizens in your district to see your view, and vote your way....those are our choices....in the end, the majority voting in your district, wins.... that's life.
so youre saying I can be taxed but still dont get representation because other people said I dont,,

how is that different from what I said??

The unfortunate fact is that Democrats rely on people who are net-takers from the Government, and low-information voters - a Venn Diagram of which groups would show almost total confluence.

They stole the election in 2020 by harvesting the votes of such people, most of whom had never voted before and could not vote again without someone taking them by the hand, so to speak, and making it happen.

Contrary to what Leftists preach, Democracy could be made much, much better if...
  • Citizens seeking to register to vote were required to take the very same Civics test that immigrants are required to pass i order to become voting citizens,
  • We went back to Election Day rather than Election season,
  • We reinstituted the principle that you can either vote in person on Election Day or by legitimate Absentee Ballot, and that's it,
  • Voting were limited to citizens who have paid net income taxes for the preceding couple years, with a modest minimum amount.
I admit, it's a good thing that I am not Emperor of the United States.
right
:auiqs.jpg:

Red States Lead With Federal Dependence​

In 2022, wealthier, Democratic-leaning blue states paid more into the federal government than they received, in contrast to the less wealthy, Republican-leaning red states, which received more in federal funds than they contributed. By 2024, this dynamic shifted, with both red and blue states receiving more from the federal government than they paid in taxes. However, red states still outpaced blue states in federal funds received per dollar paid in taxes, securing $1.24 compared to the $1.14 blue states received. In the MoneyGeek rankings, seven of the 10 most dependent states are considered red states.

Why do people want to suppress the vote?
No one "suppressed the vote" in 2020, did they? America most likely ended with that election. Your lot broke the system by ruining trust in the last binding tie that held the nation together. What comes after November remains to be seen but there will be no turning back. And all for the sake of keeping an "outsider" out of the Office.

Enjoy... the only consolation will be watching you people finally begin to realize that repeating a media mantra doesn't help as the country falls apart, and that this will include YOUR part of it as well.

It’s not a bad idea to flirt with IMO

It’s easy to spend other people’s money, and it’s easy to vote to only get things from the state and not give anything.

It’s easy to vote recklessly if one has no skin in the game.

It’s like 2 parents and 3 kids in a family, and all get a vote. The kids vote for toys, food, vacations, etc while the parents vote for paying the mortgage and saving for retirement. Under this system the family will become homeless and broke.
Why do you want to. change a system that works fine anyway?

What an ignorant, stupid LIE! Not even 1 person from 2020 that voted said their ballot was harvested from them, let alone tens and hundreds of thousands of ballots harvested in order for Trump to win.

There is no way on the face of this Earth that not a single voter claimed someone came to them to collect their ballot, (harvest it).

No one "suppressed the vote" in 2020, did they? America most likely ended with that election. Your lot broke the system by ruining trust in the last binding tie that held the nation together. What comes after November remains to be seen but there will be no turning back. And all for the sake of keeping an "outsider" out of the Office.

Enjoy... the only consolation will be watching you people finally begin to realize that repeating a media mantra doesn't help as the country falls apart, and that this will include YOUR part of it as well.
They tried on Jan 6 to cancel the vote.

Donald Trump and his team of Big Lie liars, are the ones who broke the trust we have always had in the system. There is no one else to blame... :(

Yes absolutely.

If you don't have any skin in the game you have no business sitting at the table.

If you're paying taxes that means you're working and contributing to society, means you have some sense of responsibility and at least some experience with the world.

Sorry...you are just flailing and being silly... Enough said. 😁
so one group can out vote another and take away their representation but we cant take away representation of people that have never contributed and only taken from the rest of us,,

so much for equality,,

the ones I am talking about have never paid taxs so they dont get representation,,

It’s not a bad idea to flirt with IMO

It’s easy to spend other people’s money, and it’s easy to vote to only get things from the state and not give anything.

It’s easy to vote recklessly if one has no skin in the game.

It’s like 2 parents and 3 kids in a family, and all get a vote. The kids vote for toys, food, vacations, etc while the parents vote for paying the mortgage and saving for retirement. Under this system the family will become homeless and broke.

A better idea is to weed out the morons and idiots with proof of citizenship, literacy tests, and civics tests, one for all three levels of elections. The reasons for temporarily banning those tests is long gone; blacks and latinos are ignorant and stupid these days entirely by choice, same as with whites, so bring the tests back.

If they want to ban freeloaders then by all means do so, since that includes anybody working a fake job on Wall Street and all the deadbeats living off of interest and stock dividends and inheritances.

Yes absolutely.

If you don't have any skin in the game you have no business sitting at the table.

If you're paying taxes that means you're working and contributing to society, means you have some sense of responsibility and at least some experience with the world.
fyi
Many people that work do not pay federal income taxes, because they do not earn enough taxable income. And many seniors living on the SS checks do not pay income taxes....

According to our Constitution, EVERY CITIZEN OVER THE AGE OF 18 HAS THE RIGHT TO VOTE....

(MY STATE, follows that strictly and even felons, in prison, have the right to vote, only the mentally disabled may be disenfranchised under certain conditions)

so one group can out vote another and take away their representation but we cant take away representation of people that have never contributed and only taken from the rest of us,,

so much for equality,,

the ones I am talking about have never paid taxs so they dont get representation,,
There is no one, that has never paid any taxes....unless totally disabled from birth, perhaps.

Forum List

Back