Normanalization approaches between the US and Cuba.

there4eyeM

unlicensed metaphysician
Jul 5, 2012
The re-establishing of diplomatic relations marks a turning point in American foreign relations.

Just for the record and liberals,aghast I am all for,this. As usual Obama has no idea how to go about it but I am on board with opening relations. I can't wait to go. During the Muriel boat lift other shrimpers told me the place was beautiful. It's on the bucket list.

The re-establishing of diplomatic relations marks a turning point in American foreign relations.

Puerto Rico is broke and Obama opens up an alternative vacation spot so Puerto Rico will be second choice and get further in debt. But it will pad his legacy,so screw Puerto Rico. Cuba is a Communist country so they get preferential treatment over a US territory from Obama. Oh well, it pads his legacy.

Maybe more Puerto Ricans will move to New York City and get on welfare.

Obama got NOTHING in return.

He could have negotiated an end to persecution of Christians, homosexuals, and political opponents.

But he didn't.

He didn't even try.

Obama got NOTHING in return.

He could have negotiated an end to persecution of Christians, homosexuals, and political opponents.

But he didn't.

He didn't even try.
Illegal Immigration 2015 Immigrants From Cuba Can Continue Wet Foot Dry Foot Policy Says Obama Official
The Obama administration will continue a longstanding policy that automatically grants residence to Cubans who step on U.S. soil. Assistant Secretary of State Roberta Jacobson, who is overseeing negotiations on re-establishing diplomatic ties with Cuba, said the White House will not overturn the policy known as "wet foot, dry foot."

Since President Barack Obama announced last year new relations with Cuba for the first time in decades, Cuban migrants have flooded Florida by sea out of fear that the immigration policy would end. Cuba opposes the policy that dates back to 1966. Jacobson's Cuban counterpart, Josefina Vidal, has said the policy was the "main incentive and the principal stimulus for illegal immigration."

The U.S. is working with Cuba to reopen embassies in Havana and Washington. The Cuban immigration policy is not part of the diplomatic talks, Jacobson said. "We have no interest at this time and no intention of changing the Cuban Adjustment Act," Jacobson told NPR.

f7db083036d1b06597584c7bc33ad426.wix_mp_srz_275_260_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_wix_mp_srz

Obama's there for the votes..............

Are your feet dry or wet........................

Forum List

Back