North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear test site ahead of Trump's summit with Kim

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Winning? I think so. They haven't even met yet. This is a sign of respect for Trump and America. You're back!

North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear test site ahead of Trump's summit with Kim
winning.gif

North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear testing site on May 23-25 ahead of President Donald Trump’s summit with leader Kim Jong Un next month.

North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said Saturday that all the tunnels at the country’s northeastern testing ground will be destroyed by explosion and that observation and research facilities and ground-based testing units will also be removed. The dramatic and symbolic event is part of the Hermit Kingdom’s pledge to discontinue nuclear tests.

“The Nuclear Weapon Institute and other concerned institutions are taking technical measures for dismantling the northern nuclear test ground of the DPRK in order to ensure transparency of discontinuance of the nuclear test,” said the announcement. DPRK is an acronym for North Korea’s official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

Winning? I think so. They haven't even met yet. This is a sign of respect for Trump and America. You're back!

View attachment 193211
North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear testing site on May 23-25 ahead of President Donald Trump’s summit with leader Kim Jong Un next month.

North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said Saturday that all the tunnels at the country’s northeastern testing ground will be destroyed by explosion and that observation and research facilities and ground-based testing units will also be removed. The dramatic and symbolic event is part of the Hermit Kingdom’s pledge to discontinue nuclear tests.

“The Nuclear Weapon Institute and other concerned institutions are taking technical measures for dismantling the northern nuclear test ground of the DPRK in order to ensure transparency of discontinuance of the nuclear test,” said the announcement. DPRK is an acronym for North Korea’s official name, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.
I thought it was because the roof caved in?

View attachment 193211

That's possible, but regardless, the optics and actions are still the same. He is going to meet Trump and it's clear America won't be bluffed or toyed with. If Kim wants peace, he will get it by denuclearizing. In return, he will receive some economic assistance and be allowed to remain dictator. The release of the hostages before hand was a massive sign of Goodwill. He is saying, "we are serious about this". It's akin to a dog lying down when you enter the room.

It's an evil world, an imperfect world. The goal is to make sure Hermit Kingdoms can't threaten the world on a whim. I\d prefer the dismantling of his leadership, but as I stated, life isn't perfect. Peace is far better than war.

View attachment 193211

The left hate the growing prospect of a nuclear free North Korea not threatening America.

I don't see where trump was a factor. There has been a push by the Koreans for decades to unify their country. This grew legs with the election of a new president in the south who, unlike previous administrations, is on the same page as the people.

The Korean leaders are moving ahead without trump rendering him irrelevant. Trump is being upstaged.

I don't see where trump was a factor. There has been a push by the Koreans for decades to unify their country. This grew legs with the election of a new president in the south who, unlike previous administrations, is on the same page as the people. The Korean leaders are moving ahead without trump rendering him irrelevant. Trump is being upstaged.
Not according to South Korea's President.

South Korea president says Trump deserves Nobel Peace Prize

Under our current silly "under his watch" partisan bullshit rules, Trump gets the credit.

Obama sure as hell would have, by the Dems, and the GOP would have denied it.

Exist on partisanship, choke on it too.

I don't see where trump was a factor. There has been a push by the Koreans for decades to unify their country. This grew legs with the election of a new president in the south who, unlike previous administrations, is on the same page as the people. The Korean leaders are moving ahead without trump rendering him irrelevant. Trump is being upstaged.

Under our current silly "under his watch" partisan bullshit rules, Trump gets the credit.

I am not partisan. Trump and Obama both suck.

I wasn't talking about you specifically, just the nature of our current political environment. The Left is downplaying it as it pertains to Trump, just as the Right would do had it been with Obama.

just like everything he TAKES credit for, he had little or no impact on NK nukes - thank China not Shitforhair

I wasn't talking about you specifically, just the nature of our current political environment. The Left is downplaying it as it pertains to Trump, just as the Right would do had it been with Obama.
I don't play the partisan game. I was a lifelong Republican until Bush cured me of that and I never saw the Democrats as an option. It was just getting too embarrassing to call myself a Republican.

View attachment 193211

That's possible, but regardless, the optics and actions are still the same. He is going to meet Trump and it's clear America won't be bluffed or toyed with. If Kim wants peace, he will get it by denuclearizing. In return, he will receive some economic assistance and be allowed to remain dictator. The release of the hostages before hand was a massive sign of Goodwill. He is saying, "we are serious about this". It's akin to a dog lying down when you enter the room.

It's an evil world, an imperfect world. The goal is to make sure Hermit Kingdoms can't threaten the world on a whim. I\d prefer the dismantling of his leadership, but as I stated, life isn't perfect. Peace is far better than war.
I don't know about all that, SC. Finishing the demolishment of a collapsed facility is not "optics" in my book. I don't know why we need to give him economic assistance--just lift the sanctions and make him earn his $$ same as you expect welfare recipients to.

Forum List

Back