🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Not sure how to title this thread

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
Hot air ballon
Calif teen misses trip, 5 friends die in crash

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Tamer Mosallam was supposed to get picked up on Memorial Day for a trip to the beach with friends, but his father had other ideas and the carload of teens left him behind.

It would be the last time the 17-year-old would see his friends alive. The five teens — two boys and three girls — died late Monday afternoon in a fiery wreck that left the car they were riding in split in two and engulfed in flames. Among the victims were two of Mosallam's closest friends and a pair of sisters who had performed in a high school dance extravaganza over the holiday weekend.

"I was supposed to be with them in the car, that's why there were three girls," Mosallam said, explaining that he was to have been the third boy for a three-way double date. "They came to my house but my dad wouldn't let me go out because I was studying for a test."

Calif teen misses trip, 5 friends die in crash

providence, divine will....???

no idea, however, that kid is one lucky kid. mind boggling story.

There is a human impulse to read more into these things, but the reality is that it is just happenstance. It's no different than if one person gets cancer and another doesn't. A girl I was best friends with as a child got cancer and died as a young woman. How is it I've lived a long life and she lived such a short one? It just happens that way. Things come they go, things happen: I don't believe there is any divine plan.

There is a human impulse to read more into these things, but the reality is that it is just happenstance. It's no different than if one person gets cancer and another doesn't. A girl I was best friends with as a child got cancer and died as a young woman. How is it I've lived a long life and she lived such a short one? It just happens that way. Things come they go, things happen: I don't believe there is any divine plan.

fair point, that is why i said " no idea". perhaps mere luck, perhaps shat happens and this kid just didn't get in the car. like the people who were supposed to board a plane that crashed.

i believe there is a divine plan, however, that doesn't mean that everything that happens is god's will.

fair point, that is why i said " no idea". perhaps mere luck, perhaps shat happens and this kid just didn't get in the car. like the people who were supposed to board a plane that crashed.

i believe there is a divine plan, however, that doesn't mean that everything that happens is god's will.

Now I'm sad thinking about that girl. This is one of the problems I have with religion: why would 'God' want a young woman to die? She was a mother too.

Wow, how strange it would be or feel or whatever to be either the dad or the kid now. Folks can speculate six ways from Sunday, but the bottom line is the plan was for the boy to be in that car in which his five friends died.

I just posted an article about the willingness/need to believe in fantasy over fact. From what I've read, this need goes all the way back to the beginning. Some people need to believe there's a reason why the crops failed or the baby died or lightening stuck Aunt Martha. That's why they invented a super being to blame or credit.

The opposite of "its god's will" is "god moves in mysterious ways". Think about it.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/296158-why-do-people-deny-science.html

Maybe the young man is alive because he obeyed his father and stayed home. Ephesians teaches us that there is a promise that goes along with obeying your parents. You will have a long life. The promises of God are yea and Amen, the promises of God are true. This is evidence of it.

On the other hand, I know a true story about a boy who didn't obey his mother and died. He called his mother and told her he was meeting his friends at McDonalds and was riding his bike over there. His mother who was at work at the time said, Absolutely not. You stay where you are and I will drive you over there myself. That is a very dangerous interesection - alot of traffic and I don't want you riding your bike. I'm on my way home now.

The boy ignored his mothers order, got on his bike and was struck by a car and killed instantly while crossing at the corner of main interesection of 17-92 & Horatio Avenue in Maitland. That happened in 1999 in Florida. True story. Had he obeyed his mother he would be alive today. - Jeri * there are accidents but God is already in tomorrow and knows what is there. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the father was a christian and had raised his son to obey him. Obeying God and your parents is very important. It could mean the difference between life and death. Gods plans for us are good. He isn't planning these accidents but He can surely spare you from one of them if you'll listen!!

Last edited:

Now I'm sad thinking about that girl. This is one of the problems I have with religion: why would 'God' want a young woman to die? She was a mother too.

why do you think god wanted the young woman to die? you said "it just happens that way" and now you're switching to....well, god wanted it that way...

which is it?

I just posted an article about the willingness/need to believe in fantasy over fact. From what I've read, this need goes all the way back to the beginning. Some people need to believe there's a reason why the crops failed or the baby died or lightening stuck Aunt Martha. That's why they invented a super being to blame or credit.

The opposite of "its god's will" is "god moves in mysterious ways". Think about it.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/environment/296158-why-do-people-deny-science.html

why is it you never respond to actual debate? i have responded to dozens of your posts that deal with the thread topic YOU created, yet, you never respond.

here you are responding, with arguably a decent response, yet, it is still pretty much COPY and PASTE. your last sentence makes zero sense. the opposite of god's will is that it is NOT god's will, not that "god moves in mysterious ways".

Wow, how strange it would be or feel or whatever to be either the dad or the kid now. Folks can speculate six ways from Sunday, but the bottom line is the plan was for the boy to be in that car in which his five friends died.

Obviously the plan was for the boy to NOT BE in the car in which his five friends died. Due to the fact he obeyed his father and didn't rebel, he is alive today. It is so obvious - why can't you give God glory for his word being true? What does He say? Children Obey your parents! This is one command that comes with a PROMISE. That you will have a LONG LIFE. Get it? Go read Ephesians if you don't understand the Wisdom of God. It's free. Read it and get some!

Sometimes people fail to get in the car, on the plane, go to the building, because of a funny feeling that they have. Those impulses are unexplained. A mother saying that an intersection is dangerous is weighing the alternatives and making a decision on the likelihood of danger. Not quite the same thing.

The boy who didn't get in the car was told by his father to study for a test instead. No one thought that there was going to be an accident. It could well be that the father was already suspicious of the other kids and didn't trust the driver. He used the excuse of studying for a test as a way to keep his son out of that car.

This was a one car accident. The force of the collision was enough to rip the car in half. Whatever caused the accident was totally the fault of the driver.

...that the wreck would definitely have happened had the boy joined the party?

Could be that he might have influenced the driver to be safe.

Sometimes people fail to get in the car, on the plane, go to the building, because of a funny feeling that they have. Those impulses are unexplained. A mother saying that an intersection is dangerous is weighing the alternatives and making a decision on the likelihood of danger. Not quite the same thing.

The boy who didn't get in the car was told by his father to study for a test instead. No one thought that there was going to be an accident. It could well be that the father was already suspicious of the other kids and didn't trust the driver. He used the excuse of studying for a test as a way to keep his son out of that car.

This was a one car accident. The force of the collision was enough to rip the car in half. Whatever caused the accident was totally the fault of the driver.

I respectfully disagree with you. Had the boy disobeyed his father and got in the car he would be dead today just as the boy who got on his bike to meet his friends at McDonalds instead of waiting for his mother who told him to stay there and she would drive him over - it was her lunch hour. One boy obeyed his parent and he is alive today. The other boy didn't and he is now gone. Lesson to the parents - Your childs obedience is not optional. It could mean their life. - Jeri

Maybe the young man is alive because he obeyed his father and stayed home. Ephesians teaches us that there is a promise that goes along with obeying your parents. You will have a long life. The promises of God are yea and Amen, the promises of God are true. This is evidence of it.

On the other hand, I know a true story about a boy who didn't obey his mother and died. He called his mother and told her he was meeting his friends at McDonalds and was riding his bike over there. His mother who was at work at the time said, Absolutely not. You stay where you are and I will drive you over there myself. That is a very dangerous interesection - alot of traffic and I don't want you riding your bike. I'm on my way home now.

The boy ignored his mothers order, got on his bike and was struck by a car and killed instantly while crossing at the corner of main interesection of 17-92 & Horatio Avenue in Maitland. That happened in 1999 in Florida. True story. Had he obeyed his mother he would be alive today. - Jeri * there are accidents but God is already in tomorrow and knows what is there. I wouldn't be surprised to learn the father was a christian and had raised his son to obey him. Obeying God and your parents is very important. It could mean the difference between life and death. Gods plans for us are good. He isn't planning these accidents but He can surely spare you from one of them if you'll listen!!

LOL Given this kids name and where his friends came from, he is most likely Muslim. One kid who died is from Saudi Arabia, one from Lebanon, another of their group is from Iraq, etc. And you think the kid who didn't die is Christian. Too funny.

Last edited:

Obviously the plan was for the boy to NOT BE in the car in which his five friends died. Due to the fact he obeyed his father and didn't rebel, he is alive today. It is so obvious - why can't you give God glory for his word being true? What does He say? Children Obey your parents! This is one command that comes with a PROMISE. That you will have a LONG LIFE. Get it? Go read Ephesians if you don't understand the Wisdom of God. It's free. Read it and get some!

Jeremiah, that is only your opinion. I can give stories of folks I know who did what they were supposed to and died: a wife and two sisters and a daughter come to mind. Don't tell me that your belief is anything more than an opinion, because you cannot offer objective evidence. Those of us who truly believe in God understand that this world operates as it does because the Creator allows it to do so with very little interference.

Last edited:
...that the wreck would definitely have happened had the boy joined the party?

Could be that he might have influenced the driver to be safe.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Him there in the car changes the whole dynamic and could have led to a set of circumstances where there was no crash.

why do you think god wanted the young woman to die? you said "it just happens that way" and now you're switching to....well, god wanted it that way...

which is it?
No, I'm not switching at all. I saying why do people believe in God when the God they believe in, who is all powerful apparently, want a young woman, or young kids like in this story, to die. How can people believe in anything other than just chance and coincidence? How can you believe in and worship as something wonderful an all powerful being who does stuff like this?

Forum List

Back