Notice of Evictions. Damage from Covid shut downs.

CEOs get an obscene amount of money that could go to the workers instead of some asswipe that gets a few mil.

Renters should have paid what they could. As much as they could. Landlord would be more eager to keep them if they had done that. Some apts pay partial utilities too. Did any of the renters offer to at least pay that? Or towards it? Probably not. The ones that DID pay as much as they could each month, you won't hear about because they will not be evicted. The ones that spent what they got for unemployment and the stimulus check instead of paying rent...those are the ones getting kicked out.
You're assuming that everyone that needed it received unemployment and stimulus checks.
I am assuming nothing. What I am saying is....renters have an obligation to pay rent. If they can't pay it all due to something like this damn virus and loss of jobs, pay SOMETHING to show good intent.
Two words, "GIG Workers."
Two words to describe that post perfectly...

"You're retarded!!!"

I'm an independent contractor or gig worker out of work due to the pandemic. Am I eligible for unemployment insurance?

You probably are, on a temporary basis. The CARES act established a new program called Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, or PUA. It extends weekly unemployment benefits to the following groups:

• Self-employed individuals;
  • People seeking part-time work;
  • Existing claimants who have maxed out their unemployment benefits (technically called "exhaustees");
  • Clergy and employees of religious organizations;
    • People without sufficient work history normally required to qualify for benefits.

• If you're in one of these groups, you're eligible if you're out of work directly because of the pandemic (more on that in the next section). You also have to be able and available to work, even if you're not actively searching for a new job.
I'm not sure I lost work directly because of the pandemic. How is that defined?

To qualify for PUA, applicants have to prove they're out of work for at least one of the following reasons:

• You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or you're experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and you're seeking a medical diagnosis;
  • A member of your household has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
  • You're providing care for a member of your family or household who has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
  • A child or household member for whom you are a primary caregiver can't attend school or another facility that is closed because of COVID-19, and the school or facility is required for you to work;
  • You can't reach your place of employment because of a stay-at-home order or because you've been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns about COVID-19;
  • You were scheduled to start working but you lost the job or can't reach the job as a direct result of COVID-19;
  • You've become the breadwinner or major support for a household because the head of household has died of COVID-19;
  • You had to quit your job as a direct result of COVID-19; or
  • Your place of employment is closed as a direct result of COVID-19.

Isn't there federal money available for contractors?

Yes. Unemployed independent contractors are eligible for an extra $600 per week, courtesy of the federal government.

The $600 supplement is called Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation, or FPUC. Gig workers can collect this money for work lost after March 27, and it will be paid until July 31, 2020. This supplement is rolled into your regular state benefits and you don't have to apply separately for it.
'You probably are"

That means, No.
That post means you actually have no comprehension of the English language...
It's called reality, something you know very little about.
I DO know that the article stated that gig workers that worked for cash and didn't report the income might have trouble getting unemployment...

Have you been cheating on your taxes???
Gig workers are the new name for self-employed that don't have a fixed business. They receive 10-99's. They own their own businesses. The biggest sector is rideshare in which after paying expenses they barely have enough money to pay their personal bills and most don't pay their taxes.

Renters should have paid what they could. As much as they could. Landlord would be more eager to keep them if they had done that. Some apts pay partial utilities too. Did any of the renters offer to at least pay that? Or towards it? Probably not. The ones that DID pay as much as they could each month, you won't hear about because they will not be evicted. The ones that spent what they got for unemployment and the stimulus check instead of paying rent...those are the ones getting kicked out.
You're assuming that everyone that needed it received unemployment and stimulus checks.
I am assuming nothing. What I am saying is....renters have an obligation to pay rent. If they can't pay it all due to something like this damn virus and loss of jobs, pay SOMETHING to show good intent.

"You're retarded!!!"

I'm an independent contractor or gig worker out of work due to the pandemic. Am I eligible for unemployment insurance?

You probably are, on a temporary basis. The CARES act established a new program called Pandemic Unemployment Assistance, or PUA. It extends weekly unemployment benefits to the following groups:

• Existing claimants who have maxed out their unemployment benefits (technically called "exhaustees");
    • People without sufficient work history normally required to qualify for benefits.

• If you're in one of these groups, you're eligible if you're out of work directly because of the pandemic (more on that in the next section). You also have to be able and available to work, even if you're not actively searching for a new job.

To qualify for PUA, applicants have to prove they're out of work for at least one of the following reasons:

• You have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or you're experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and you're seeking a medical diagnosis;
  • You're providing care for a member of your family or household who has been diagnosed with COVID-19;
  • A child or household member for whom you are a primary caregiver can't attend school or another facility that is closed because of COVID-19, and the school or facility is required for you to work;
  • You can't reach your place of employment because of a stay-at-home order or because you've been advised by a health care provider to self-quarantine due to concerns about COVID-19;
  • You were scheduled to start working but you lost the job or can't reach the job as a direct result of COVID-19;
  • You've become the breadwinner or major support for a household because the head of household has died of COVID-19;

Yes. Unemployed independent contractors are eligible for an extra $600 per week, courtesy of the federal government.

The $600 supplement is called Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation, or FPUC. Gig workers can collect this money for work lost after March 27, and it will be paid until July 31, 2020. This supplement is rolled into your regular state benefits and you don't have to apply separately for it.
'You probably are"

That means, No.
I DO know that the article stated that gig workers that worked for cash and didn't report the income might have trouble getting unemployment...

Have you been cheating on your taxes???
Being wealthy I don't have to cheat on my taxes. Republicans have given us the best tax deductions and loopholes.

"You're retarded!!!"

'You probably are"

That means, No.
99.984% that is the reality as FEAR MONGERS do more damage to this country than the virus.

We never shut down in my lifetime and we shouldn't have then..............all we have done is prolonged it..........causing more damage from the cure than the virus.........

That is reality..........a Reality you will attempt to use right before the election as people feel the new reality of losing everything........Because your side's plan is easy to see..........It's only when the Chaos is right that you will play it.

In the mean time......20 million plus still out of work from the beginning of this nonsense......this thread was coming after the decision to shut down was made.........SELF INFLICTED WOUND.
The "self inflicted wound" was electing your smelly skidmark. I warned you and yours right here on the USMB before the election and pulling out of the market at 29. Was I wrong?

I have four bipartisan MOC's that prove with the stupid COVID-19 response from your smelly skidmark was the reason for the "self inflicted wound."

"You're retarded!!!"

'You probably are"

That means, No.
99.984% that is the reality as FEAR MONGERS do more damage to this country than the virus.

We never shut down in my lifetime and we shouldn't have then..............all we have done is prolonged it..........causing more damage from the cure than the virus.........

That is reality..........a Reality you will attempt to use right before the election as people feel the new reality of losing everything........Because your side's plan is easy to see..........It's only when the Chaos is right that you will play it.

In the mean time......20 million plus still out of work from the beginning of this nonsense......this thread was coming after the decision to shut down was made.........SELF INFLICTED WOUND.
The "self inflicted wound" was electing your smelly skidmark. I warned you and yours right here on the USMB before the election and pulling out of the market at 29. Was I wrong?

I have four bipartisan MOC's that prove with the stupid COVID-19 response from your smelly skidmark was the reason for the "self inflicted wound."
You keep saying it.........MOC's...........doesn't mean squat.

We should have never shut down............The CDC put out the guidelines.......who are the 4th tier of gov't and WHO THINK THEY ARE THE SHIT............They believe they are above the elected leaders..........it is on their projections that we screwed the economy..........not that the money laundering Reserve needed a reason to screw it.........they enjoy it........FART in the markets and it crashes..........

Kinda like the movie trading places..........

"You're retarded!!!"

'You probably are"

That means, No.

You are so full of shit that it is bubbling out your ears.

Forum List

Back