Novelty guest Donald Trump: The Ugly American and "Tits" - "The most vulgar man I have ever met.”

Procrustes Stretched

"intuition and imagination and intelligence"
Dec 1, 2008
Trump's long history with Graydon Carter is well established. We know that Trump tried sucking up to Graydon years ago (1992). Graydon attended two of Trump's weddings.

When I came to Vanity Fair, the transactional salesman in Trump presumably figured there was no future in maintaining hostilities. He invited me to two of his weddings—I went to the Marla Maples one. It was held in the ballroom of the Plaza hotel on a weekday evening and seemed more like a product launch than anything else. He sent me a couple of Trump ties. They were a basic blue and a basic red, and they were as stiff as a child’s sword. He sent me Trump vodka, which I passed along to Mike Hogan, here at the magazine. When I bumped into Trump in Palm Beach, he invited me to join him for dinner at Mar-a-Lago. We went and had surf and turf—a dish I hadn’t eaten in 20 years.
"Novelty guests don’t know they’re novelty guests. They just think they’re guests. That evening in May 1993, Vanity Fair had two tables and we filled them with the likes of Christopher Hitchens, Bob Shrum, Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg, Peggy Noonan, Tipper Gore, and Vendela Kirsebom, a Swedish model who professionally went by her first name and who was then at or near the top of the catwalk heap. I sat Trump beside Vendela, thinking that she would get a kick out of him. This was not the case."

Graydon has written that after 45 minutes Swedish model Vendela Kirsebom, went over to his table "almost in tears, and pleaded with me to move her. “He is,” she told me, in words that seemed familiar, “the most vulgar man I have ever met.” " - Trump was 47 years old at this time

When in 2005, 12 years later (Trump being 59 years old) Trump spoke with Billy Bush (Access Hollywood tapes), Melania said she hadn’t heard her husband use that kind of language before.

Donald Trump Almost Made a Model Cry by Judging Women’s “Tits” at a 1993 Dinner

Carter writes that he invited Trump to join the Vanity Fair contingent at 1993’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner as something of a joke. The invitation was in keeping with “a tradition of media companies prowling the nether regions of their coverage to come up with the tabloid oddity of the moment for their novelty guest,” Carter recalls. The magazine’s other guests were of a significantly more sophisticated disposition: Diane von Furstenberg and Tipper Gore were there, as were Bob Shrum, Peggy Noonan, and Christopher Hitchens. Carter sat Trump next to Vendela Kirsebom, a Swedish model, in hopes that she might “get a kick out of him.”

Trump short-fingered vulgarian.jpg

Trump's long history with Graydon Carter is well established. We know that Trump tried sucking up to Graydon years ago (1992). Graydon attended two of Trump's weddings.

"Novelty guests don’t know they’re novelty guests. They just think they’re guests. That evening in May 1993, Vanity Fair had two tables and we filled them with the likes of Christopher Hitchens, Bob Shrum, Barry Diller and Diane von Furstenberg, Peggy Noonan, Tipper Gore, and Vendela Kirsebom, a Swedish model who professionally went by her first name and who was then at or near the top of the catwalk heap. I sat Trump beside Vendela, thinking that she would get a kick out of him. This was not the case."

Graydon has written that after 45 minutes Swedish model Vendela Kirsebom, went over to his table "almost in tears, and pleaded with me to move her. “He is,” she told me, in words that seemed familiar, “the most vulgar man I have ever met.” " - Trump was 47 years old at this time

When in 2005, 12 years later (Trump being 59 years old) Trump spoke with Billy Bush (Access Hollywood tapes), Melania said she hadn’t heard her husband use that kind of language before.

Donald Trump Almost Made a Model Cry by Judging Women’s “Tits” at a 1993 Dinner

Carter writes that he invited Trump to join the Vanity Fair contingent at 1993’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner as something of a joke. The invitation was in keeping with “a tradition of media companies prowling the nether regions of their coverage to come up with the tabloid oddity of the moment for their novelty guest,” Carter recalls. The magazine’s other guests were of a significantly more sophisticated disposition: Diane von Furstenberg and Tipper Gore were there, as were Bob Shrum, Peggy Noonan, and Christopher Hitchens. Carter sat Trump next to Vendela Kirsebom, a Swedish model, in hopes that she might “get a kick out of him.”

View attachment 1008406
I bet he popped in a tiktak and went down on her like a bitch.

The difference between the candidates. 34 years ago Trump was a talk show guest.

Kamala couldn't talk with her mouth full.

Trump has always been nothing but a vulgar, white trash, man with money.
This is what he always made me think of:

Nouveau riche, [the] new rich or new money (in contrast to old money; French: vieux riche [vjø ʁiʃ]) is a social class of the rich whose wealth has been acquired within their own generation, rather than by familial inheritance.

These people previously had belonged to a lower social class and economic stratum (rank) within that class and the term implies that the new money, which constitutes their wealth, allowed upward social mobility and provided the means for conspicuous consumption, the buying of goods and services that signal membership in an upper class.​
As a pejorative term, nouveau riche affects distinctions of type, the given stratum within a social class; hence, among the rich people of a social class, nouveau riche describes the vulgarity and ostentation of the newly rich person who lacks the worldly experience and the system of values of old money, of inherited wealth, such as the patriciate, the nobility, and the gentry.​

Forum List

Back