Now I see why CNN covered Clintons speech, a commencement becomes a platform for politics

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
There were some funny moments and some genuine comments, but all in all, what an example of what ails some on the left, and even moreso the alt-left

So, she made it an attack on the president of the United States. She made parallels to Trump and Nixon and collusion, attacked those against climate change, went after the budget over and over, actually plugged her political group "Onward Together". All of this, well paid for by her secret donors, who I'm sure aren't too happy with a budget that seeks to balance the budget.

Noticeably absent was any discussion about fair play in society (ask how Sanders feels), exploiting information before a debate, accountability for ones actions, or Rule of Law, obstruction of justice via meetings on an airplane tarmac, transparency regarding foreign donations and influence on American politics via a massive multi-million dollar Foundations.

Yep. The more I see of this, the more I see her frustration and almost certainly by osmosis the anger of her supporters who lost over $1B in support for her.

Continue onward indeed. Continue on...

Last edited:
Now I see why CNN covered Clintons speech, a commencement becomes a platform for politics

Do you honestly think political figures would refrain from weaving political ideas into their remarks given in a commencement address? Tell me "yes," because I've been long hoping to find someone who'll agree to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me.

Do you honestly think political figures would refrain from weaving political ideas into their remarks given in a commencement address? Tell me "yes," because I've been long in search of a buyer for the Brooklyn Bridge.

when I was a kid-----the commencement speeches were given by real -----smart people.
I remember one by Margaret Meade. Do the kids know her?

Do you honestly think political figures would refrain from weaving political ideas into their remarks given in a commencement address? Tell me "yes," because I've been long in search of a buyer for the Brooklyn Bridge.

when I was a kid-----the commencement speeches were given by real -----smart people.

She's just a little dead and has been for nearly 40 years, but I get your point!

I'm sure some kids remember Margaret Meade and others do not.

Stephen Hawking received an honorary degree at my undergrad commencement, but I don't recall him delivering an address.

She's just a little dead and has been for nearly 40 years, but I get your point!
I can't say I truly do get his/her point for I don't know who Margaret Meade is or was. I know who Margaret Mead was, and I'd think she is still famous enough, particularly to someone at whose commencement she spoke, that one would know not to add an "E" at the end of her surname. Thus, I presume irosie91 referring to someone else when s/he wrote "Margaret Meade."

Do you honestly think political figures would refrain from weaving political ideas into their remarks given in a commencement address? Tell me "yes," because I've been long hoping to find someone who'll agree to buy the Brooklyn Bridge from me.

Encourage. Look to the future. Congratulate. That is a commencement speech. Democratic muckraking didn't work at the polls and has no place in a graduation ceremony.

Encourage. Look to the future. Congratulate. That is a commencement speech. Democratic muckraking didn't work at the polls and has no place in a graduation ceremony.
Well how do you feel about Republican muckraking at a graduation ceremony?

Equally.
Our children and their schools have turned into indoctrination centers. We need to educate our children and let them mold themselves.

All Republicans adore it. See Pence's speeches, for example. They always including glorifying Trump, and little digs at how the liberals hate the military and God.

All Republicans adore it. See Pence's speeches, for example. They always including glorifying Trump, and little digs at how the liberals hate the military and God.
I'll be honest, unless I'm in attendance at the ceremony, I don't pay attention to what's said in commencement addresses. To tell you the truth, I don't think the OP-er does either. I think s/he just happened to learn of parts of Hillary's address and opportunistically attempted to take a trite jab at her, perhaps indirectly at Democrats, because she said something political in her address.

Equally.
Our children and their schools have turned into indoctrination centers. We need to educate our children and let them mold themselves.
U of MD has used the stabbing incident last week as an opportunity to push more segregation politics as campus policy. The incident is still being investigated and no motive has yet been determined but don't let that stop left wing Ox-Bow mob mentality from manifesting more indoctrination.

UMD Reflects

The best thing for the country is for libs to keep someone who has demonstrated no connection to the public front and ctr.......

Forum List

Back