Now THIS is interesting!

you don't need some sketchy app to invest.

And it's a well known but little practiced strategy to save a little here and there so it adds up over time.

I try to tell my employees that if they stopped ordering lunch out every day and drink the free coffee I provide instead of going on coffee runs twice a day and put that in their 401 that they'd be surprised at how much it can add up
Even a cheap lunch is 6 bucks 2 coffees day at 2 bucks ( most likely it's more) is 10 dollars a day times 20 days a month at work is 200 a month.

200 a month invested in at say a conservative 8% for 20 years would be an almost quarter million dollar addition to their retirement savings

• Banned

And it's a well known but little practiced strategy to save a little here and there so it adds up over time.

I try to tell my employees that if they stopped ordering lunch out every day and drink the free coffee I provide instead of going on coffee runs twice a day and put that in their 401 that they'd be surprised at how much it can add up
Even a cheap lunch is 6 bucks 2 coffees day at 2 bucks ( most likely it's more) is 10 dollars a day times 20 days a month at work is 200 a month.

200 a month invested in at say a conservative 8% for 20 years would be an almost quarter million dollar addition to their retirement savings
It's not sketchy. I've checked it out. It's not a scam or anything like that. They also have a paid consultant who can help with your investment strategy. The thing I like about it is that it's automatic. Every time I buy something, I'm adding to my investment. 5 dollars a day for one year will earn you about 2,000 dollars. Each year after that will earn you even more. And the best part is that you can access that money at any time without paying a dime.

It's not sketchy. I've checked it out. It's not a scam or anything like that. They also have a paid consultant who can help with your investment strategy. The thing I like about it is that it's automatic. Every time I buy something, I'm adding to my investment. 5 dollars a day for one year will earn you about 2,000 dollars. Each year after that will earn you even more. And the best part is that you can access that money at any time without paying a dime.

It's your money.

Personally I wouldn't trust it. It's easy enough to open a mutual fund with Fidelity, Schwabb, E trade etc and set up an automatic monthly deposit

• Banned

It's your money.

Personally I wouldn't trust it. It's easy enough to open a mutual fund with Fidelity, Schwabb, E trade etc and set up an automatic monthly deposit
I'm on disability and don't have much money to invest. What an understatement. I'm usually broke before the month is over. This looks like an opportunity to spend a few years getting a little nest egg, then moving to some other investment opportunity. At the very least, I can probably earn enough for a new laptop.

Forum List

Back