Now this is what I call threading the needle!

I wish we had rally racing here in the States. The closest I've seen is stuff like the Rolex 24, and that's not even a good comparison.

The only people crazier than rally drivers are the guys who run motorcycles on the Isle of Wight, only because, short of leathers and a helmet, there's nothing to protect them when they lose it...

I wish we had rally racing here in the States. The closest I've seen is stuff like the Rolex 24, and that's not even a good comparison.

The only people crazier than rally drivers are the guys who run motorcycles on the Isle of Wight, only because, short of leathers and a helmet, there's nothing to protect them when they lose it...

Actually, it is the Isle of Man, Specifically the TT that you are referring to.

Rally drivers are, in my opinion, the best in the world.

This is why I think that!

I have to agree. They have to drive on all different types of road surfaces making it a very difficult prospect.
The only thing that comes to mind is the Isle of Man and it's far more dangerous than Rally racing.
In both cases they run through city streets that are not meant to be race tracks.

I have to agree. They have to drive on all different types of road surfaces making it a very difficult prospect.
The only thing that comes to mind is the Isle of Man and it's far more dangerous than Rally racing.
In both cases they run through city streets that are not meant to be race tracks.

Yes, the TT is by far the most dangerous race in the world. It averages two fatalities per event. And has done so for well over 100 years.

I'm just waiting for them to end it....for our own good of course.

They have been trying for 20 years. The Isle of Man is quite literally, the Island of speed. They hold four races a year there, three motorcycle, and one car rally. It IS their industry!

Forum List

Back