NRA message on Constitutional Carry

If the government can kill you for carrying your gun even on your own property you do not have any gun rights at all.

Uh, correction ... If the government can come on your property and kill you, you don't have any rights ... Period.
There's no need to pretend it has to do with your gun rights ... And you are going to be dead either way.

All your gun rights pertain to your ability to fight back.

Uh, correction ... If the government can come on your property and kill you, you don't have any rights ... Period.
There's no need to pretend it has to do with your gun rights ... And you are going to be dead either way.

Sure, I'll go with that.

It's why I support people burning things down.

I hear you ... People need to take what is important to them and go with it.

Although I find it far more productive to get away from people who resort to destruction over something a bit more worthwhile.
With any luck and a decent defensive posture, it's possible we won't end up in outright warfare before I kick the bucket.

Just one minute please ! If Government agents come on your property, you ask to see a search warrant, and peacefully comply with their lawful requests. If you feel your rights are being violated you shut the fuck up, call your lawyer and begin the process ! All the rest is just B.S.

Gamers and Druggies and Dealers paly carpella BS hate crape ! F' <M' thas my thoughts. Liars are constantly trying to get B.S. Beliefs circulating.

Just one minute please ! If Government agents come on your property, you ask to see a search warrant, and peacefully comply with their lawful requests. If you feel your rights are being violated you shut the fuck up, call your lawyer and begin the process ! All the rest is just B.S.

You messed up the Miranda Rights, but got close I guess.

Now I can recall a time when the Negotiate Rights Away lobby did not support CC. They were firmly in the Licensed Carry Camp.

I've got some mixed feelings about blanket CC, but the again I think even free felons should be able to get their rights back, otherwise they don't belong in society.

At the same time almost every cop I knew 20 years ago was not friendly to the idea of an armed population in general.

That has changed significantly in my perspective.

There’s no such thing as ‘Constitutional carry’ – it’s a ridiculous political contrivance.

Requiring a permit or license to carry a concealed weapon is also Constitutional carry – the Supreme Court having never invalidated laws requiring a permit or license to carry a concealed weapon.

There’s no such thing as ‘Constitutional carry’ – it’s a ridiculous political contrivance.

Requiring a permit or license to carry a concealed weapon is also Constitutional carry – the Supreme Court having never invalidated laws requiring a permit or license to carry a concealed weapon.

The laws invalidating fees and taxes on voting invalidate permits and licenses to carry a gun.........

Saul;

Should we have to get a license or permit to vote?

Show good cause why we need to vote?

A "right" that you have to beg permission for isn't a right at all.

The Court decided the Guy who shot Regan was Crazy.

Another Court decided the guy who shot Lennon wasn't Crazy.

Can we assume that its who you shoot not whom that really matters !
Take that further, 10,000 people die every year from auto, plane, ship, rail deaths Etc. Ok now 350 people are shot to death each year on average. Now if we turn the statistics in firearm favor it spins it all around & makes all the traveling unlawful it stops all the legal lawsuits about who did what to whoever at an intersection, plane crash, train derailment or sickness on a boat & it gives us 10,000 people & if you look at the Lawyer to Citizen Ratio, its 350 to 1 lawyer and its easy to see that Shooting 10,000 Lawyers is much more fun ! Lol !

Last edited:
The laws invalidating fees and taxes on voting invalidate permits and licenses to carry a gun.........
2A, how many times have I cited Anton Scalia from Sec III of D.C. v. Heller? You appear to have not retained Scalia's Constitutional points of wisdom speaking also to certain limits of the Second Amendment. So to supplement your ever dimming memory, specific parts of the SCOTUS decision in Heller you brushed up against and ignored earlier in this thread are quoted below.

" III
Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited. From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases, commentators and courts routinely explained that the right was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. See, e.g., Sheldon, in 5 Blume 346; Rawle 123; Pomeroy 152–153; Abbott333. For example, the majority of the 19th-century courts to consider the question held that prohibitions on carrying concealed weapons were lawful under the Second Amendment or state analogues. See, e.g., State v. Chandler, 5 La. Ann., at 489–490; Nunn v. State, 1 Ga., at 251; see generally 2 Kent *340, n. 2; The American Students’ Blackstone 84, n. 11 (G. Chase ed. 1884). Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment , nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.26

We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. Miller said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those “in common use at the time.” 307 U. S., at 179. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of “dangerous and unusual weapons.” See 4 Blackstone 148–149 (1769); 3 B. Wilson, Works of the Honourable James Wilson 79 (1804); J. Dunlap, The New-York Justice 8 (1815); C. Humphreys, A Compendium of the Common Law in Force in Kentucky 482 (1822); 1 W. Russell, A Treatise on Crimes and Indictable Misdemeanors 271–272 (1831); H. Stephen, Summary of the Criminal Law 48 (1840); E. Lewis, An Abridgment of the Criminal Law of the United States 64 (1847); F. Wharton, A Treatise on the Criminal Law of the United States 726 (1852). See also State v. Langford, 10 N. C. 381, 383–384 (1824); O’Neill v. State, 16Ala. 65, 67 (1849); English v. State, 35Tex. 473, 476 (1871); State v. Lanier, 71 N. C. 288, 289 (1874)."

And don't bypass U.S. v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, 179 (1939) as referenced in the. It came before Scalia and thus, was an earlier
LIMITATION on the 2nd Amendment!

If you survive that long.

Wrong.

Other rights are subject to perfectly Constitutional fees and permit requirements:

“The government may require modest content-neutral fees for demonstration permits or charitable fundraising permits, at least if the fees are tailored to defraying the costs of administering constitutionally permissible regulatory regimes.
[…]
The same is true for marriage license fees and filing fees for political candidates…”

Likewise, fees for concealed weapon licenses are indeed Constitutional, in no manner ‘violating’ the Second Amendment.

Again, there’s no such thing as ‘Constitutional carry’ – it’s a ridiculous rightwing political contrivance.

Requiring a license or permit to carry a concealed firearm is also Constitutional carry.

Forum List

Back