NRA Wants Minors To Legally Carry Guns

The Second Amendment, at its core, spells out not one, but two, rights when it protects “the right of the people.” There is a right to “keep” a gun, there is a right, to “bear” a gun. There is an “and” between the two in the text, so that might well be taken as a significant indication that these are separate rights.

The National Rifle Association, and some of its members, are now pressing the Supreme Court to answer that question. They are doing so in two cases testing whether the federal government and the states can restrict the rights of minors to possess a gun outside the home.

Yahoo!

So what do you think? Since minors are defined as 1. a person under the age of full legal responsibility. synonyms: child, infant, youth, adolescent, teenager, boy, girl

https://www.google.com/#q=define+minor

Would you agree that 10 year old children are protected under the Constitution to carry handguns to school?

Teenager -- stable, rational, not emotional at all. Especially the girls.

All states, except Alabama, regard anyone 18 or older have reached their majority; Alabama is 19. By reaching the age of majority you are no longer considered a minor. I see no problem with "minors" having firearms outside the home. Heck, I was hunting by myself when I was around 11 years old. Of course I live in a very conservative state and remember carrying a handgun in plain view in our downtown area when I was 16. Now, I do not expect all minors to have received the training in firearms that I did and do not advocate anyone carrying a firearm that hasn't been taught firearm safety. So, I support the NRA on this issue. There is a web site that list the age of majority for all states if you are interested.

Last edited:
The Second Amendment, at its core, spells out not one, but two, rights when it protects “the right of the people.” There is a right to “keep” a gun, there is a right, to “bear” a gun. There is an “and” between the two in the text, so that might well be taken as a significant indication that these are separate rights.

The National Rifle Association, and some of its members, are now pressing the Supreme Court to answer that question. They are doing so in two cases testing whether the federal government and the states can restrict the rights of minors to possess a gun outside the home.

Yahoo!

So what do you think? Since minors are defined as 1. a person under the age of full legal responsibility. synonyms: child, infant, youth, adolescent, teenager, boy, girl

Would you agree that 10 year old children are protected under the Constitution to carry handguns to school?

No minor's shouldn't be walking around with guns--BUT THEY DO. The gun violence in Chicago is mostly carried out by MINORS. Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws in this nation.

For some reason, we have irresponsible gun owners who refuse to keep their weapons locked up and away from their kids--and you get one CRAZY kid and we've already witnessed the horror they can reign down on innocents.

Most of the time that this has happened--there were gun laws in force that was supposed to prevent minors from accessing guns. NONE OF THOSE LAWS HAVE WORKED.

Until guns owners are held RESPONSIBLE for their own registered weapons this will continue to happen.

Other than that--and the easy black market access to guns--I don't know how you stop this with more laws that don't work anyway?

Yahoo!

Would you agree that 10 year old children are protected under the Constitution to carry handguns to school?.

you were doing fine till you typed the last two words, you then faded into idiocy, some 10 y.o. may be responsible enough to carry a gun any where, but the vast majority of 10 y.o. shouldn't be allowed to carry a pencil. :up:

"The case involving the Texas law is explicitly about a right to carry a handgun in public, at least for minors."

Wow....you have a real problem with comprehension, don't you?

Please enlighten me as to your definition of "minors" and "public" (bearing in mind that to most everyone even an 18 year old is a kid and public schools are, well, public).

Or are you waiting for Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck weigh in so you know how to comment on this subject? :confused:

if an 18 year old can go fight a fucking War....he no longer is a kid.....

18 year olds are kids whether they are in the service or cruising chicks on Main Street. The ones in the service are more worthy of our respect but they are still 18 year old kids.

i agree....BUT if they are considered grown up enough to go fight a war,they are grown up enough to have all the rights and privileges of anyone over the age of 21.....

Forum List

Back