Nursing Homes and Retirement Centers going Bankrupt.

Deflection. Answer the question.
I think we've figured out it doesnt work for everyone,,

and as I said,,

we should encourage the children to bring in their elders and take care of them as long as possible,,

as a person doing it, its not all that bad and far better than dumping them on the state,,

I guess more “real” Americans should apply for the jobs then, if they’re so worked up over the idea of immigrants taking care of mom and dad in the nursing homes

unlike some industries, we don’t hire illegal immigrants and everyone involved in patient care is a CNA a LPN or an RN and is therefore registered with the state
All of them work with Medicare and medicaid to some extent. Even the privately held one's. Most people are getting some sort of physical therapy....
The number of beds available due to staffing is fluctuating. (Good staff is hard to come by) Especially when staff already is working below standardized wages for an area. And then inflation makes it worse....
Most Doctors are fresh out of med school when they work at one of these facilities. Usually not ones at the top of their class.

So when fixed income meets high, double digit inflation....it's not fixed incomes that rise.

Inflation, banking failures, and etc are killers in more ways than one. Most often these things are part of Commercial Real Estate investment corporation Managed by a third party. All run by accountants.

Apparently these places are suffering the effects of inflation after getting hit hard with Covid-19 pandemic fallout. 80% of residents sick and skilled nurses and staff failing to return to work. Then unable to hire staff at the same wages as budgets will allow from seniors unable to pay more and Medicare not keeping pace with inflation. Its a total mess being old and alone.

One of my goals in life is to never have to live in one of these places. Rather be dead at 80, than hanging on at 90, paying a fortune to be hooked up to machines and/or under the control of others.

One of my goals in life is to never have to live in one of these places. Rather be dead at 80, than hanging on at 90, paying a fortune to be hooked up to machines and/or under the control of others.
Those quality of life issues are determined by activity levels in your golden years and genetics. When you are 50-something....all the chickens come home to roost. Your body either functions or limits you.
Things like chemical dependency will have adjusted your attitudes at this point....and you will continue in your previously determined path.

My younger brother is dead from keeping a poor lifestyle. Never married, never strived for goals, and ate junk food. He kept a low paying job to survive....but that's it.

Older brother is still kicking....but he has had a heart attack from poor lifestyle choices and little medical care. Also his chemical dependency has almost erased his ability to emotionally regulate himself.
We'll see if he actually makes it to retirement in a dozen years. (My money is on "not")

Me. Forced early retirement because of overworking. My leg joints are very deteriorated from working a lifetime of 12 hr days on them. Otherwise fairly healthy.
And I have a wife who makes me go to a doctor regularly. I've dodged a few medical bullets because of her too.

My dad? He's still kicking. But we lost mom last summer....he's still been depressed. I hope he can find a way to live without her. So we gonna try to cheer him up. But a nursing home? No....not ever!

Forum List

Back