NY times....Thanksgiving is a myth, so why do you care if lockdown prevents you from observing the holiday

This has nothing to do with patriotism. Patriotism for me is down the list when it comes to protecting my health.
And your health is put at risk when all those "I don't give a shit about it" people are running around planting covid minefields that will potentially kill us

Your chances at dying from Covid are almost non-existent if you under 60 and dont have chronic or serious medical complications. You have a higher probability of dying on the way to work if you're under 40.. And for kids to age 21 -- it's about 0.002% if you contract it..

The left don't want to celebrate an actual act of good will between Native Americans and pale face.

Hard to know what they stand for.

Really is. I say nothing. I am wrong. Only one thing. The eradication of every tradition celebrated by a country that they see as completely illegitimate.

There are reasons why they never learn the poison in the history of any group of people or nation unless that nation is America and the people are white Christians.

That's all they are about. Someone explain to me on the left, why that is wrong.

Meanwhile is there anyone on the left that will acknowledge the Native American tribes that owned slaves and fought for the confederacy?

No

Why?
The Native Americans here are Catholic and they fought with us against the British in the Revolutionary War. Yeah, if they don't want to celebrate Thanksgiving because they still hate the Europeans, fine by me, but it's NOT a typical 'leftist' idea.

And the Pilgrims and Indians did have a big feed that went on for about three days, and the Indians brought the deer. It's in the historical record. But it is a Harvest Celebration, not a political moment when most of us contemplate early Colonial-Native relations. It's about a lot of food, the traditional football rivalry game, and Macy's parade. And the day after, you can officially decorate for Christmas.
Thanksgiving was one moment in history where different peoples of color and tradition came together and broke bread. Didn't last, but that particular moment in history SHOULD BE CELEBRATED for that ALONE.

Instead, your side, through cultural marxist propaganda has convinced a group that the Thanksgiving moment in history is a symbol of..
.WAIT FOR IT....

RAAAAACISM.

They are then loaded into the ideological cannon and it is pointed at yet another AMERICAN TRADITION. They are shot out as cannon fodder for the cultural marxist agenda.

That is it and that is all. That is all.

This particular holiday is too closely identified with the religion that founded this nation, for the neo-Marxists who run in now.

The left don't want to celebrate an actual act of good will between Native Americans and pale face.

Really is. I say nothing. I am wrong. Only one thing. The eradication of every tradition celebrated by a country that they see as completely illegitimate.

There are reasons why they never learn the poison in the history of any group of people or nation unless that nation is America and the people are white Christians.

That's all they are about. Someone explain to me on the left, why that is wrong.

Meanwhile is there anyone on the left that will acknowledge the Native American tribes that owned slaves and fought for the confederacy?

No

Why?
The Native Americans here are Catholic and they fought with us against the British in the Revolutionary War. Yeah, if they don't want to celebrate Thanksgiving because they still hate the Europeans, fine by me, but it's NOT a typical 'leftist' idea.

And the Pilgrims and Indians did have a big feed that went on for about three days, and the Indians brought the deer. It's in the historical record. But it is a Harvest Celebration, not a political moment when most of us contemplate early Colonial-Native relations. It's about a lot of food, the traditional football rivalry game, and Macy's parade. And the day after, you can officially decorate for Christmas.
Thanksgiving was one moment in history where different peoples of color and tradition came together and broke bread. Didn't last, but that particular moment in history SHOULD BE CELEBRATED for that ALONE.

Instead, your side, through cultural marxist propaganda has convinced a group that the Thanksgiving moment in history is a symbol of..
.WAIT FOR IT....

RAAAAACISM.

They are then loaded into the ideological cannon and it is pointed at yet another AMERICAN TRADITION. They are shot out as cannon fodder for the cultural marxist agenda.

This particular holiday is too closely identified with the religion that founded this nation, for the neo-Marxists who run in now.
Yes, and all of their half baked lessons in history by romanticizing the history of Native Americans is all a part of mass manipulation. Clearly it works.

I have mentioned on numerous occasions the fact that Native American tribes owned slaves and fought for the confederacy and all goes ignored. That is proof of their WILLFUL IGNORANCE, which isn't IGNORANCE AT ALL. It is slapping and spitting on TRUTH.

Why? Cause they know why the Native Americans need to be viewed as victims and ONLY VICTIMS. We know.

Just ignore that we are all humans. All humans are in fact capable of kindness as well as unreal cruelty and matters not the color of skin or culture.

Yes, the Native American tribes weren't just sweet innocent people smoking peyote and growing maze in perpetual perfect harmony with the dirt, until PALE FACE showed up with a musket and a Bible. However the movies and commercials and left wing propaganda would have us believe it. That we are destined to be peaceful blue people with wings that can live in harmony if we just go away from the notion of a Christian life

That is the real bottom and the agenda of real marxism. That is why they spread it the way they do.

No

Why?

.WAIT FOR IT....

RAAAAACISM.

Yes, and all of their half baked lessons in history by romanticizing the history of Native Americans is all a part of mass manipulation. Clearly it works.

I have mentioned on numerous occasions the fact that Native American tribes owned slaves and fought for the confederacy and all goes ignored. That is proof of their WILLFUL IGNORANCE, which isn't IGNORANCE AT ALL. It is slapping and spitting on TRUTH.

Why? Cause they know why the Native Americans need to be viewed as victims and ONLY VICTIMS. We know.

Just ignore that we are all humans. All humans are in fact capable of kindness as well as unreal cruelty and matters not the color of skin or culture.

Yes, the Native American tribes weren't just sweet innocent people smoking peyote and growing maze in perpetual perfect harmony with the dirt, until PALE FACE showed up with a musket and a Bible. However the movies and commercials and left wing propaganda would have us believe it. That we are destined to be peaceful blue people with wings that can live in harmony if we just go away from the notion of a Christian life

That is the real bottom and the agenda of real marxism. That is why they spread it the way they do.

Yup....it works.

No

Why?

.WAIT FOR IT....

RAAAAACISM.

I agree the Native Americans weren't angels, but I fail to see how religion is getting mixed up in this argument.

No

Why?

.WAIT FOR IT....

RAAAAACISM.

I agree the Native Americans weren't angels, but I fail to see how religion is getting mixed up in this argument.
The holiday has a nice name and it can mean different things to different people regarding their circumstances. It just denotes when it started.

We are not having a Thanksgiving celebration for the first time since I cannot remember. We are elderly. One poster here says we are being anti american. If that's so I will wear that t shirt. Let every family decide. I will wear it proudly.

Just as I think the NY Times - and certainly the goverment - should keep their noses and opinions out of people's personal life choices, I also think people on the other side should do the same. This isn't an "American vs anti-American" issue. Every year, people choose not to spend Thanksgiving in a crowd for a variety of reasons. Doesn't have a damned thing to do with their patriotism or lack thereof.

You do what feels right to you, and screw all the busybodies who think they get a vote on the subject.

The established tradition of families getting together to celebrate is not a myth. Trying to take away American's right / choice to get together, to many, is unacceptable.

Try to find something to be thankful for in 2020.

Is it really that hard for you to do?

Bad things happened this year. Bad things happen every year. Good things are also happening during the same time period. If you only see bad and no good, the problem is your perspective.
The comment was part jest about 2020, but was used to convey an important principle. Almost everyone will metaphorically go into a "desert" at some point in their life. In those instances the quickest way out is to find something to be thankful for. It is said that time heals all wounds. I say finding something to be thankful for shortens that time.

What you are describing is no different than what I am stating.

I always say that whether you're having a good life or a bad life depends on how you want to look at it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back