NY times....Thanksgiving is a myth, so why do you care if lockdown prevents you from observing the holiday

The NY times should only be used to start structure fires in black neighborhoods by ANTIFA and BLM.

Who's more despicable, Iran or the NY Times?

Id have to go with the ny times.

The story of the first Thanksgiving is an accurate representation of the relationship between the natives and the settlers at the time. There was no killing, no genocide. Squanto and William Bradford remained close friends their entire lives.
Correct. The pilgrims were Christians and had integrity. The shit storm didn't really start until the Democrat Andrew Jackson initiated genocide on Native Americans. Democrats fuck up everything they touch.

Try to find something to be thankful for in 2020.
My family and friends, my job and life in general, my health and my President.

Thank you President Trump for exposing the evil in this country.

1605810053301.png

Try to find something to be thankful for in 2020.

Yeah, we really are at that point. About now it's important that we do something against depression. I started such a list today. On it are that I finished a pair of really pretty knit wool socks. And the bridge being taken out near our home (despite the jackhammers) has been a source of constant entertainment when I'm at my computer spot near the window. And that the Mill had TWO wild bird blocks and the sparrow/goldfinch flock love that stuff.

Sapientes laetes vivunt: it's smart to find some way to be happy.

The story of the first Thanksgiving is an accurate representation of the relationship between the natives and the settlers at the time. There was no killing, no genocide. Squanto and William Bradford remained close friends their entire lives.
Correct. The pilgrims were Christians and had integrity. The shit storm didn't really start until the Democrat Andrew Jackson initiated genocide on Native Americans. Democrats fuck up everything they touch.
The shitstorm got started in two ways. One was the French and Indian war where both the French and British made natives into mercenaries and paid by the scalp. The second was the unfortunate practice of Indian tribes of selling land that actually belonged to other tribes.

Later on expansion west brought whites into cheek by jowl living along the border with the Apache. The new settlers and the Apache got along remarkably well. Once the border with Mexico was established the Apache confined their predatory practices to cross border raids into Mexico. Then they would return to the US side where they were protected by Americans. Then Mexico pressured the US to force the Apache and Commanche to stop the raids. Then we had those indian wars.

The hidden history today is how many times whites and natives got along as friends, neighbors and families.

The NY times should only be used to start structure fires in black neighborhoods by ANTIFA and BLM.

We had a Thanksgiving meal here at work today. For a myth, the food was damned good.

I love mythical stuffing and gravy.

We had a Thanksgiving meal here at work today. For a myth, the food was damned good.

I love mythical stuffing and gravy.

Yeah and the turkey and mashed potatoes ain't bad either.

Here's the comment I just left on the article's NYT page:

"Native Americans, other minorities, white wokesters, and any other perpetually offended and angry group, are free to celebrate or trash Thanksgiving. I however love the opportunity to be with family and friends, and Thanksgiving brings us together. This year will be different due to Covid, but next year hopefully it will resume as normal. All of you that need to get over yourselves should consider working in a soup kitchen, or other volunteer work during the two days your employer is likely paying you to not work. To those that actually get up in the morning and smile that you've made it to another day, happy Thanksgiving!"

You didn't even link to the New York Times.
Could it be that you're making s*** up?

The story that was linked had a link to the New York Times story.

Could it be you made up your mind without bothering to find out the facts first? No, no leftist would ever do THAT!

We know libs hate Thanksgiving because they have been brainwashed to believe that America is evil and the founding was injust

My buddy from college went full libtard about 10 years ago.

He and his wife are not celebrating Thanksgiving. They are going out to dinner by themselves and purposefully NOT having anyting traditionally eaten on Thanksgiving.

They try so hard to be anti American. :rolleyes:

Well, and leftists make it a practice to never be thankful for anything, because admitting to happiness destroys the grievance melodrama that makes up their entire existence.

Forum List

Back