NYPD cop puts 7month pregnant woman in chokehold for grilling outside her apt.

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Holy toledo! You can't make this shit up. Her baby daughter is watching all this go down. What's up with the police?

The pictures tell the story. This is wrong.

NYPD officer pictured 'putting seven-months pregnant woman into a chokehold for illegally grilling outside her apartment'

The incident happened Saturday afternoon, when Brooklyn resident Rosan Miller was caught illegally grilling outside her apartment
The arrest allegedly turned violent with an officer pictured wrapping his arm around pregnant Mrs Miller's neck in a chokehold
The NYPD told MailOnline that they are investigating the incident

More at the link.

article-2708955-201305EE00000578-397_306x548.jpg

article-2708955-201305EA00000578-23_306x548.jpg

article-2708955-201305FE00000578-317_306x548.jpg

NYPD officer pictured 'putting seven-months pregnant woman into a chokehold' | Mail Online

Never heard of illegal grilling and often pictures don't show the whole story. I don't see a choke hold, I see someone struggling with someone. It is hard to even figure out the progression of the photos, some the gate is open, others they are on the stairs. This is a chokehold:

BJJ_Rear_Naked_Choke_6.jpg

With that said, what an idiotic thing to be arrested for, looks like the entire family was arrested. There must be more to this story.

Yes: most likely, a cop why felt she was no sufficiently gushing,m fawning, and servile enough. (Maybe she didn't offer him a blowjob without prompting?) He decided that was contempt of cop and attacked.

Yes: most likely, a cop why felt she was no sufficiently gushing,m fawning, and servile enough. (Maybe she didn't offer him a blowjob without prompting?) He decided that was contempt of cop and attacked.

Guess her hubby and brother did not "put out" too, since they both were arrested along with her.

Anyway, I found some laws about grilling there in NYC:

PROHIBITED USE OF GRILLS
It is strictly prohibited and illegal in New York
City to:
�� store or use a propane grill on the roof of any building.
�� use a charcoal grill on the roof of any building.
�� store or use a propane grill on a residential property
with a three or more family residence.

�� store or use a propane grill on the terrace or balcony
of an apartment building.
THE USE OF PORTABLE OUTDOOR PATIO FIREPLACES,
PATIO HEARTHS, FIRE PITS AND CHIMENYS ARE STRICTLY
PROHIBITED AND ILLEGAL IN NEW YORK CITY.

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/sa...ion/2010_02/17_summer_fire_safety_english.pdf

So, am I reading the correctly? Those who reside in something like row homes or connected town homes can't grill? But CAN use charcoal to grill if in a row home or connected town home?

What an utterly ridiculous law.

CaféAuLait;9527881 said:

Guess her hubby and brother did not "put out" too, since they both were arrested along with her.

PROHIBITED USE OF GRILLS
City to:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/pdf/sa...ion/2010_02/17_summer_fire_safety_english.pdf

So, am I reading the correctly? Those who reside in something like row homes or connected town homes can't grill? But CAN use charcoal to grill if in a row home or connected town home?

Fire and carbon monoxide poisoning are ridiculous? 'What an utterly ridiculous law' is ridiculous.

Okay. So it wasn't a choke hold like this. BUT don't NYC cops have better thinks to do than bust a mom grilling?

large_WRESTLINGblog.jpg

And I'm reading about another dog being shot in front of its family by a cop in Chicago. It's the sheer number of these incidents that's not giving me a warm and fuzzy about how police are handling situations these days.

I've been pro police for a long time now. But there was a time in the 60's when the police got seriously out of control. It wasn't pretty.

CaféAuLait;9527881 said:

PROHIBITED USE OF GRILLS
City to:

Fire and carbon monoxide poisoning are ridiculous? 'What an utterly ridiculous law' is ridiculous.

So i guess poor people just shouldn't be allowed to grill, Gotta keep those ******* in place, right Onepercenter?

CaféAuLait;9527881 said:

PROHIBITED USE OF GRILLS
City to:

So i guess poor people just shouldn't be allowed to grill, Gotta keep those ******* in place, right Onepercenter?

People should follow the law. I'm a part-time resident of the city and I know you can't do what they did.

CaféAuLait;9527821 said:
With that said, what an idiotic thing to be arrested for, looks like the entire family was arrested. There must be more to this story.

In most states I have lived using a gas grill at a multi-unit residence is illegal due to the threat of a fire. When I lived in my condo in Charlotte I couldn't use my grill either. It sucked because I like to grill everything.

CaféAuLait;9527821 said:

In most states I have lived using a gas grill at a multi-unit residence is illegal due to the threat of a fire. When I lived in my condo in Charlotte I couldn't use my grill either. It sucked because I like to grill everything.

Buy an electric grill.

I hate cops but I never seen anyone use a grill on a sidewalk. I always thought it had to be in the backyard or the porch

I hate cops but I never seen anyone use a grill on a sidewalk. I always thought it had to be in the backyard or the porch

You've never been to most boroughs in New York City. The front porch and sidewalk are the only outside areas.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4ibN0cXRNI]BOYZ N THE HOOD - SORRY BITCH - YouTube[/ame]

CaféAuLait;9527881 said:

PROHIBITED USE OF GRILLS
City to:

Oh please, a neighbor probably complained and the cops had to respond, most likely cause she was argumentative, based on what you can see in the first photo. His right hand is on hers so he can keep her from hitting him with whatever the metal object is. that isnt a choke hold. definately keeping her from falling.
i dont think the law is fair, but usually if you comply with an officers request you dont get yourself in a picture like that. LOL..... i would say she wasnt compliant

CaféAuLait;9527881 said:

PROHIBITED USE OF GRILLS
City to:

The law does not make sense if they can use charcoal to grill, still a fire hazard, in fact more of a fire hazard than a propane tank IMO. People leave the hot coals and the flare ups with charcoal grilling. It makes no sense to me they can grill with charcoal, as long as it is not with propane in their yards.

CaféAuLait;9527821 said:

Okay, guess that makes sense, but could you use a charcoal grill? The law above seems ridiculous if I am reading it correctly- it only mentions gas not charcoal.

Forum List

Back