Obama believes that the internet is dangerous.

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Barry Obama "One of the dangers of the internet is that people can have entirely different realities. They can be cocooned in information that reinforces their current biases,"
Actually it is Barry Obama who lives in a bubble.
The reality is that Left Wingers control about 98% of the Press and Entertainment and they spin, lie and distort for the Democrats 24/7.
The Democrats can't believe that there are people with opposing opinions.
The Democrats have an impulse to censor their opponents just like other totalitarianist have done.

Barry Obama "One of the dangers of the internet is that people can have entirely different realities. They can be cocooned in information that reinforces their current biases,"
The reality is that Left Wingers control about 98% of the Press and Entertainment and they spin, lie and distort for the Democrats 24/7.
The Democrats have an impulse to censor their opponents just like other totalitarianist have done.

I actually agree with that, but it's Obama's own party putting all this crap out.

I actually agree with that, but it's Obama's own party putting all this crap out.
I watch at least three news sources each day, including Fox. On the three majors, PBS and CNN, every single time there is an in depth discussion on anything, there is at least one Republican or conservative sharing their opinion. I think you're exaggerating.

Of the major newspapers, conservative papers include the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, the Arizona Republic, The Detroit Free Press, Dallas Morning News, Cincinnati Enquirer. More liberal papers tend to be the New York Times, the Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Most papers present a (narrow) range of opinion so as to not alienate the general readership and often times you have to look at the author of the editorial to really understand the bias.

Magazines tend to be more overt in their bias—left liberal magazines like Mother Jones, the Progressive, the Nation make no bones about their opinions. Similarly, the National Review, American Spectator, and the Weekly Standard are openly conservative.

https://www.quora.com/Which-media-outlets-in-the-USA-are-right-wing-and-which-are-left-wing

And let's count on our fingers how many left-leaning radio talk shows there are. One that I know of--NPR. The rest are Limbaugh, Beck, et al. They get plenty of play, as well as the newspapers and magazines above. This delusion that 98% of the media is against the Right is just not so.

I watch at least three news sources each day, including Fox. On the three majors, PBS and CNN, every single time there is an in depth discussion on anything, there is at least one Republican or conservative sharing their opinion. I think you're exaggerating.

Of the major newspapers, conservative papers include the Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, The New York Post, the Arizona Republic, The Detroit Free Press, Dallas Morning News, Cincinnati Enquirer. More liberal papers tend to be the New York Times, the Washington Post, Boston Globe, and Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Most papers present a (narrow) range of opinion so as to not alienate the general readership and often times you have to look at the author of the editorial to really understand the bias.

Magazines tend to be more overt in their bias—left liberal magazines like Mother Jones, the Progressive, the Nation make no bones about their opinions. Similarly, the National Review, American Spectator, and the Weekly Standard are openly conservative.

https://www.quora.com/Which-media-outlets-in-the-USA-are-right-wing-and-which-are-left-wing

And let's count on our fingers how many left-leaning radio talk shows there are. One that I know of--NPR. The rest are Limbaugh, Beck, et al. They get plenty of play, as well as the newspapers and magazines above. This delusion that 98% of the media is against the Right is just not so.

You are right about conservative radio killing liberal media. I think that has more to do with conservatives tending to be older and younger people don't listen to traditional radio. I am in my 30s and besides Rush Limbaugh I use Google Play for radio.

When it comes to the major news networks NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, and CNN the only conservative network is Fox. Those news outlets dominant the culture which is why conservatives complain about liberal biases.

The internet is pretty equal when it comes to biases. Although I do think it is funny that the biggest site is Drudge Report which leans conservative.

Think of the headlines and front pages. That is about as far as most people have time to read. If there is anything that could be deemed positive for the economy, or anything else, under a Republican it is almost always buried. And many people just watch the local channels, abc, cbs, and nbc. Very little there but negative news about any Republican policy, as they twist and spin. They go out of their way to have those that are on the left on that are scripted, give them the most air time, and agree with them. Anyone from the right they will talk over, cut off and do anything so their message can’t be heard.

Think of the headlines and front pages. That is about as far as most people have time to read. If there is anything that could be deemed positive for the economy, or anything else, under a Republican it is almost always buried. And many people just watch the local channels, abc, cbs, and nbc. Very little there but negative news about any Republican policy, as they twist and spin. They go out of their way to have those that are on the left on that are scripted, give them the most air time, and agree with them. Anyone from the right they will talk over, cut off and do anything so their message can’t be heard.

You must be thinking of John Dickerson on Meet the Press. I won't watch that anymore. But as for cutting people off, scripting their comments, etc., that is not what happens on the majors. On the cable news, it happens everywhere, so is obviously NOT the place to watch for straight reporting.

No, he's right. This message board is proof of what he says. Your reply is proof of what he says.

The right also has to deal with biased search engines. Yesterday is a good example. I wanted to find an article about a Republican I had heard about, used the search term Republican. Only one of the 2 major search engines came back with a Republican in its results, and that was just one link, from bing. Every single link but one, was a positive Democratic link. I scrolled through several pages worth of results. I did not use the term Democrat. I used Republican. I constantly have to fight my way to find what I want. Bing is just barely less biased than google. Tell me that isn’t extreme biased limiting of someone’s ability to find anything positive on the right. They both bury anything positive from the right, pages down, just as the papers do.

You are right about conservative radio killing liberal media. I think that has more to do with conservatives tending to be older and younger people don't listen to traditional radio. I am in my 30s and besides Rush Limbaugh I use Google Play for radio.

When it comes to the major news networks NBC, CBS, Fox, ABC, and CNN the only conservative network is Fox. Those news outlets dominant the culture which is why conservatives complain about liberal biases.

The internet is pretty equal when it comes to biases. Although I do think it is funny that the biggest site is Drudge Report which leans conservative.

Last edited:

NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS vs Fox, that's is 6:1.
All of the Late Night TV talk show hosts are obsessed with hating Republicans and Trump.
All of the prime time TV shows are left wing biased.
The Radio News is biased.
Google, Twitter and Facebook want to censor.
Movies are biased.
Obama is an idiot about "angers of the internet "
Obama and Hillary are protected by the Press from any hard questions.

NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, PBS vs Fox, that's is 6:1.
All of the Late Night TV talk show hosts are obsessed with hating Republicans and Trump.
All of the prime time TV shows are left wing biased.
The Radio News is biased.
Google, Twitter and Facebook want to censor.
Movies are biased.
Obama is an idiot about "angers of the internet "
Obama and Hillary are protected by the Press from any hard questions.
Well, I'm certainly not shocked that I didn't change your mind.

Forum List

Back