Obama blames Budget Impasse on GOP fear of Limbaugh, Tea Party

Yes, Billo...you ARE a human being! The problem is that you're a naive human being. You actually think that monied interests would care one iota if the Republican Party and the Democratic Party ceased to exist? You could form the "Unicorn Party of California" and they would pump cash into that just as they pump money into our political parties now.
If I agree with what you just said, does that make us both "naive"?

Or were you just wrong about me?
You actually think that monied interests would care one iota if the Republican Party and the Democratic Party ceased to exist?.
No I don't.

You could form the "Unicorn Party of California" and they would pump cash into that just as they pump money into our political parties now .
I agree.

Yes, Billo...you ARE a human being! The problem is that you're a naive human being. You actually think that monied interests would care one iota if the Republican Party and the Democratic Party ceased to exist? You could form the "Unicorn Party of California" and they would pump cash into that just as they pump money into our political parties now.

You actually think that monied interests would care one iota if the Republican Party and the Democratic Party ceased to exist?.
No I don't.

You could form the "Unicorn Party of California" and they would pump cash into that just as they pump money into our political parties now .
I agree.

So you state that your goal is to first get rid of the GOP and then the Democratic Party but you then admit that doing so won't affect the influence that monied interests have on our political system? LOL Stuff like that, Billo is why I called you naive. Why even waste your time getting rid of Republicans and Democrats if they will be replaced by "Unicornians" who get the same money from the same interests?

How about if we make it more difficult for lobbyists to buy political favors? How about term limits to keep the "career" politicians out of Washington for decade after decade? How about if the main stream media starts giving we the voters information that's not been edited to reflect THEIR world view?

No I don't.

I agree.

So you state that your goal is to first get rid of the GOP and then the Democratic Party but you then admit that doing so won't affect the influence that monied interests have on our political system? LOL Stuff like that, Billo is why I called you naive. Why even waste your time getting rid of Republicans and Democrats if they will be replaced by "Unicornians" who get the same money from the same interests?

How about if we make it more difficult for lobbyists to buy political favors? How about term limits to keep the "career" politicians out of Washington for decade after decade? How about if the main stream media starts giving we the voters information that's not been edited to reflect THEIR world view?

good post, you nailed it.

The House GOP majority is due to gerrymandering and vote suppression supported by a shriveling, dying rural and suburban white majority. It's a deeply illegitimate institution, and when it's finally done away with for good, the Left is not going to be very nice to conservatives for what they've done to this country.
I'm on the left and have no intention of punishing conservatives after the "republican purges" are over. It's quite the opposite.

I want them to join forces with liberals so we can begin the "democrat purges" and rid government of those fuckers as well.

As long as we have "one man, one vote", we can take back this country from the corporate oligarchy that is running it now.

can you elaborate on what happens( by your view) further down the road after the purges are finalized?

So I'm reading the Sunday Boston Globe and one of their front page stories is about how the Democratic Party has employed a political strategy of backing extreme Tea Party candidates leading up to the primaries because they feel they stand a better chance of beating someone with "extreme" conservative views than they do a moderate. The piece went on to describe how this has been successful with races such as the one Todd Akin was in with Claire McCaskill in Missouri. What it ALSO points out is that by doing everything they can to eliminate moderate candidates, the Democrats have totally polarized the political landscape.

So when the President whines about "Tea Party Conservatives" holding up his agenda...he should make a phone call to Howard Dean and tell the Democrats pushing this political strategy that while the end result was the Democrats holding onto a slim majority in the Senate...that they have in fact helped elect people who will never in a million years compromise with a progressive.

This is one of those "Doh!!!!" moments in politics...

with all due respect, Akin is an idiot, so there was not much help needed.

He is, BTW, factually right about the facts of forcible rape ( to confuse the terms is unforgivable) but one has to be a total idiot to engage in discussion of social controversial issues when there is a ton of real pressurizing economical ones.

So I'm reading the Sunday Boston Globe and one of their front page stories is about how the Democratic Party has employed a political strategy of backing extreme Tea Party candidates leading up to the primaries because they feel they stand a better chance of beating someone with "extreme" conservative views than they do a moderate. The piece went on to describe how this has been successful with races such as the one Todd Akin was in with Claire McCaskill in Missouri. What it ALSO points out is that by doing everything they can to eliminate moderate candidates, the Democrats have totally polarized the political landscape.

So when the President whines about "Tea Party Conservatives" holding up his agenda...he should make a phone call to Howard Dean and tell the Democrats pushing this political strategy that while the end result was the Democrats holding onto a slim majority in the Senate...that they have in fact helped elect people who will never in a million years compromise with a progressive.

This is one of those "Doh!!!!" moments in politics...

with all due respect, Akin is an idiot, so there was not much help needed.

He is, BTW, factually right about the facts of forcible rape ( to confuse the terms is unforgivable) but one has to be a total idiot to engage in discussion of social controversial issues when there is a ton of real pressurizing economical ones.

The point of the Boston Globe article was that the Democrats actually pushed Akin as a candidate...just as they pushed for many other "extreme" Tea Party candidates...simply because they felt that gave their own candidates a better chance of winning in the general election. Where that DID bring them some unexpected victories it also polarized Congress. For Democrats to then turn around and complain about Tea Party "extremists" in Congress is about as hypocritical as you can get since it was THEM that put many of those far right people into office by eliminating moderate Republicans.

Last edited:
The House GOP majority is due to gerrymandering and vote suppression supported by a shriveling, dying rural and suburban white majority. It's a deeply illegitimate institution, and when it's finally done away with for good, the Left is not going to be very nice to conservatives for what they've done to this country.
I'm on the left and have no intention of punishing conservatives after the "republican purges" are over. It's quite the opposite.

I want them to join forces with liberals so we can begin the "democrat purges" and rid government of those fuckers as well.

As long as we have "one man, one vote", we can take back this country from the corporate oligarchy that is running it now.

can you elaborate on what happens( by your view) further down the road after the purges are finalized?

Billo's call to "purge" the country of both Republicans and Democrats reminds me of protests I attended back when I was a naive young college student in the 70's. We wanted to take power from "The Man". Of course not much was said about what we would do once we actually HAD the power that we wanted to wrest from our elders but it sure sounded good after smoking a few joints.

Forum List

Back