Obama, called a war criminal in Irish Parliment.

When I grew up and started realize what we are doing across the globe is completely inexcusable. It was during the Clinton years by the way, not when Obama took office so you can take that condescending tone and put it you know where.

Now, when did you STOP caring about these things, hmmm????

1. Clinton, eh? What Clinton policy were you against? Bombing Iraq? The embargo? The Balkans?

2. I never stopped caring. I personally think the AUMF and the Patriot Act should be swept into the dustbin of history. The War Powers act should be expanded to include that no President may not invade or use military force against a country not involved in attacking the US or in illegal actions, such as genocide (Which has to be clearly defined). And it should be expanded so that after the six month period has been reached, congress must be compelled to hold a vote in both houses which is not subject to filibusters.

I can mostly agree with 2 though I don’t think 6 months is reasonable at all. If we have taken the liberty of going into another nation and slaughtering its people then I don’t see why every person in congress cannot have their ass in the seat and debating the need for war by the next day or 2. We are talking about killings here. There is no reason to leave it to filibuster like you said though I would give a week for congress to decide – they are just going t be in session that entire week. If people are dying then congress needs to take it seriously.

As far as Clinton, I did not have a specific problem with his foreign policy as much as I had a problem with America’s entire foreign policy in general. I do not think that America needs to be the world’s police and I do not think that we need bases sprawled all over the damn planet in the name of ‘defense.’ It is not defense when you have 300 basses in Germany. It is not defense when we stay in nations that do not even want our presence for decades.

The problems I had with Clintons foreign policy but I don’t really attribute them to him as much as I do to the general attitude that America takes with the world. Kosovo was a mess and our handling of Israel was an exercise in futility. Bush was different though. Iraq was more than a mere extension of previous meddling in world affairs. It was an all-out war that never needed to be fought. Obama has continued to be just as active in blowing shit up as Bush was without the ground troops – something that I consider a minor difference by the way. The reality is that the ire that we bring against this nation has a lot to do with our involvement in other nations and the simple fact that it is unwanted much of the time. Obama is overseeing in Libya a situation that is dangerously close to Afghanistan where we are setting the WRONG people up for power and then after we are done I can guarantee that we will leave and they are going to have nothing but ire for us when they try and rebuild the war stricken area. We have problems here that we need to address before gallivanting all over the world like the planets police force.

Getting rid of the legislation I posted would mainly do away with the "assassinations" you seem so concerned with.

Currently the war powers act outlines that there be a review after six months of military action by congress. Personally I think the President should have to power to order military action in the event of an emergency. Military leadership should be kept in civilians hands, however, Congress may be unable or unwilling to deal with a situation that requires this sort of action. Hence the idea of an executive in government.

Not a perfect solution, but I am not sure what is..

The answer is Obama is in keeping with a precedent set by almost every President of the United States.

The problem isn't Obama. It's the precedent.

Precedent my ass. We have never before targeted people with drones on a planetary scale. Before that, you actually had to be a leader of a nation or major military force. Now we target American citizens that are in nations that ARE NOT hostile to us who are mere recruiters for drone assassination. That is just a SMALL change as well. He is doing nothing that resembles precedent.

When you can excuse the programs that Obama runs as precedent then you are really just rubberstamping him because he has a D next to his name. I guess you really did stop caring then. You sure as hell did not give bush a pass with ‘precedent’ for his asinine expansions in international meddling. The fact that Obama is essentially doing everything that Bush did does not seem to matter though…
Bullshit.

Ford actually had to issue an executive order in attempt stop political assassinations.

Executive Order 11905 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL. Yes, Ford stopped that precedent and then guess what – its no longer precedent now! As a matter of fact, it set a NEW precedent. Mainly that assassination was NOT practiced. Then Obama decided to set his own. We all know what that is now.

You do understand what precedent is, right? You must realize that what people did 50 years ago is NOT precedent anymore.

The answer is Obama is in keeping with a precedent set by almost every President of the United States.

The problem isn't Obama. It's the precedent.

nice dodge. but once more------does that make it OK for obama to continue to do illegal an stupid things? yes or no.

It's not a dodge.

It's the history.

And by the way..it's "legal".

WTF? you gave a list of things you considered illegal, now suddenly they are legal since obama is doing that same things? OK. we get it. the great obama can do not wrong, you would support him if he was pissing in your eyes.

nice dodge. but once more------does that make it OK for obama to continue to do illegal an stupid things? yes or no.

It's not a dodge.

It's the history.

And by the way..it's "legal".

WTF? you gave a list of things you considered illegal, now suddenly they are legal since obama is doing that same things? OK. we get it. the great obama can do not wrong, you would support him if he was pissing in your eyes.

the urine stream would not have far to go

1. Clinton, eh? What Clinton policy were you against? Bombing Iraq? The embargo? The Balkans?

2. I never stopped caring. I personally think the AUMF and the Patriot Act should be swept into the dustbin of history. The War Powers act should be expanded to include that no President may not invade or use military force against a country not involved in attacking the US or in illegal actions, such as genocide (Which has to be clearly defined). And it should be expanded so that after the six month period has been reached, congress must be compelled to hold a vote in both houses which is not subject to filibusters.

I can mostly agree with 2 though I don’t think 6 months is reasonable at all. If we have taken the liberty of going into another nation and slaughtering its people then I don’t see why every person in congress cannot have their ass in the seat and debating the need for war by the next day or 2. We are talking about killings here. There is no reason to leave it to filibuster like you said though I would give a week for congress to decide – they are just going t be in session that entire week. If people are dying then congress needs to take it seriously.

As far as Clinton, I did not have a specific problem with his foreign policy as much as I had a problem with America’s entire foreign policy in general. I do not think that America needs to be the world’s police and I do not think that we need bases sprawled all over the damn planet in the name of ‘defense.’ It is not defense when you have 300 basses in Germany. It is not defense when we stay in nations that do not even want our presence for decades.

The problems I had with Clintons foreign policy but I don’t really attribute them to him as much as I do to the general attitude that America takes with the world. Kosovo was a mess and our handling of Israel was an exercise in futility. Bush was different though. Iraq was more than a mere extension of previous meddling in world affairs. It was an all-out war that never needed to be fought. Obama has continued to be just as active in blowing shit up as Bush was without the ground troops – something that I consider a minor difference by the way. The reality is that the ire that we bring against this nation has a lot to do with our involvement in other nations and the simple fact that it is unwanted much of the time. Obama is overseeing in Libya a situation that is dangerously close to Afghanistan where we are setting the WRONG people up for power and then after we are done I can guarantee that we will leave and they are going to have nothing but ire for us when they try and rebuild the war stricken area. We have problems here that we need to address before gallivanting all over the world like the planets police force.

Getting rid of the legislation I posted would mainly do away with the "assassinations" you seem so concerned with.

Currently the war powers act outlines that there be a review after six months of military action by congress. Personally I think the President should have to power to order military action in the event of an emergency. Military leadership should be kept in civilians hands, however, Congress may be unable or unwilling to deal with a situation that requires this sort of action. Hence the idea of an executive in government.

Not a perfect solution, but I am not sure what is..

If congress is unwilling then we don’t act, simple as that. I think the president needs authority to act immediately but that is all he needs. Congress can be in session the very next day determining if we are going to kill people. Those that are getting the shit bombed out of them at least deserve that much attention. I am not comfortable having the president running around for 6 months with the power to do as he pleases. You can vaporize cities in minuets with the weapons that we have today.

The least congress can do is face what’s going on and make a call. That is their purpose after all.

Interesting.

When a foreign power criticizes the President of the United States:

Liberals will:

Rangel Responds to Chavez - YouTube

Stand by the President, no matter who the President is..

And Conservatives will betray America.

Who's the Patriot again?

You've become quite the liar...It was you Liberals who was crowing Bush couldn't leave the country or risk being arrested or how about when he had a shoe thrown at him, you liberals thought too bad they MISSED him? and lets not forget the hooting and cheering you all did when Chavez called him a dog while he was on AMERICAN SOIL...
you just conveniently forget how you stood up for him in all those I guess?
and you people questioning others patriotism is a sickness you have developed...you should look in mirror first

Not lying at all.

And feel free to find an elected Democratic politician that was taking the side of a foreign power against our own..during the Bush administration.

Go for it.

oh we love how you always move that goalpost to keep from eating crow

You've become quite the liar...It was you Liberals who was crowing Bush couldn't leave the country or risk being arrested or how about when he had a shoe thrown at him, you liberals thought too bad they MISSED him? and lets not forget the hooting and cheering you all did when Chavez called him a dog while he was on AMERICAN SOIL...
you just conveniently forget how you stood up for him in all those I guess?
and you people questioning others patriotism is a sickness you have developed...you should look in mirror first

Not lying at all.

And feel free to find an elected Democratic politician that was taking the side of a foreign power against our own..during the Bush administration.

Go for it.

oh we love how you always move that goalpost to keep from eating crow

yes, he is a pussy boy like his hero obama.

Forum List

Back