Obama closing the gunshow loophole

By illegal executive order.

Expanding the requirement of background checks to private dealers is illegal because it is not in the law passed by Congress. Obama is trying to illegally change the law through executive order.

I don't care your party or what your opinion on the gunshow loophole is ... this is wrong.

Obama's use of illegal executive order to circumvent the law should have been an impeachable offense, but Obama has gotten away with it. The shame.

Here is a link to the Executive Order Disposition Table in the National Archives. The page lists all of the EO's produced by the Obama Administration by year:
Barack Obama Executive Orders Disposition Tables

From those EO's enshrined in the National Archives credited to Obama, which one is that to which you are referring in your OP? Don't dance, deflect or dissemble, but respond to this post credibly. The assertion was YOURS!
Obama has not written an EO about guns yet. He is working on it.

Obama meets Bloomberg as he prepares order on guns - CNNPolitics.com

I suggest we all wait to see what it actually says when he issues it, and not make any assumptions.
I'm aware of that, however the writer of the OP is obviously in error in two instances, just as nearly everyone on the rabid right are when they parrot the bullshit from their echo chamber regarding EO's. They are, as a group, abjectly ignorant of EO's and oft follow the trite wing media in referring to the host of lawful Executive Actions, to which they are told to disagree, as Executive Orders, which are distinctly different animals! In essence, they're ignorant!
:haha:

There is no gun show "loophole", as it is impossible to legally avoid the background checks specified by federal law.
Bullshit.

Under federal law, private sellers at gun shows do not have to do a background check.

I've been to a zillion gun shows. They are pretty much like flea markets, but there are some licensed dealers at the bigger ones. The licensed dealers have to do background checks, everyone else does not.
Yes. Private sellers. They are limited. As I said, things like Uncle Haurice's old gun restored. Sold to collectors

You're saying that "everyone else" who isn't a licensed dealer is selling enough to "arm you to the teeth"? Really? Maybe after a "zillion" gun shopping experiences, you aren't maybe confusing black market shows with gun shows?
The gun show loophole consists of a few people who restore old guns such as those they inherited, and sell them at a gun show. (People who sell guns for a living have to have a license to do so and a background check is done before a sale can go through. Yes, even at gun shows.)

I'm pretty sure that there have been no mass murders done with Uncle Haurice's old rusty revolver that was found in his attic when he died. Still. Thanks for pretending to do something to keep up safe, obama !

It is quite obvious that you have never been to a gun show.
Whether or not I've been to a gun show or not is irrelevant. The laws are the laws. And obama's alleged EO to plug up the alleged "gun show loophole" is as limp as he is.

Nope. It is relative, because you have no idea what you are talking about. My son-in-law bought a slightly used high powered sniper rifle and scope at a gun show, only to find out that it is so accurate and powerful that there is no public rifle range in the state of Louisiana that is long enough to properly sight it in.
Oh. My bad. Wait. Did your son-in-law commit a terror attack or a mass killing with this "high powered sniper rifle" that he bought at a gun show? No? Huh. So you really believe that obama's idea of EOing a close to this "gun show loophole" is going to save lives?

Hasn't been issued yet.

But according to your OP it's a done deal and it's ILLEGAL! Your OP below:

Expanding the requirement of background checks to private dealers is illegal because it is not in the law passed by Congress. Obama is trying to illegally change the law through executive order.

I don't care your party or what your opinion on the gunshow loophole is ... this is wrong.

Obama's use of illegal executive order to circumvent the law should have been an impeachable offense, but Obama has gotten away with it. The shame.
How the phuck can something be illegal if it doesn't exist, Chicken Little?

Hasn't been issued yet.

It's about to exist, dummy. My post made clear it's something he's doing, not something he's done. Therefore, obviously it hasn't been issued yet.

Unenforceable.

But it will make all the panty wetters feel safe from the hordes of "gun nuts" arming themselves to the teeth at gunshows.

There is no gun show "loophole", as it is impossible to legally avoid the background checks specified by federal law.
Bullshit.

Under federal law, private sellers at gun shows do not have to do a background check.

I've been to a zillion gun shows. They are pretty much like flea markets, but there are some licensed dealers at the bigger ones. The licensed dealers have to do background checks, everyone else does not.
Yes. Private sellers. They are limited. As I said, things like Uncle Haurice's old gun restored. Sold to collectors

You're saying that "everyone else" who isn't a licensed dealer is selling enough to "arm you to the teeth"? Really? Maybe after a "zillion" gun shopping experiences, you aren't maybe confusing black market shows with gun shows?
The gun show loophole consists of a few people who restore old guns such as those they inherited, and sell them at a gun show. (People who sell guns for a living have to have a license to do so and a background check is done before a sale can go through. Yes, even at gun shows.)

I'm pretty sure that there have been no mass murders done with Uncle Haurice's old rusty revolver that was found in his attic when he died. Still. Thanks for pretending to do something to keep up safe, obama !

Whether or not I've been to a gun show or not is irrelevant. The laws are the laws. And obama's alleged EO to plug up the alleged "gun show loophole" is as limp as he is.

Nope. It is relative, because you have no idea what you are talking about. My son-in-law bought a slightly used high powered sniper rifle and scope at a gun show, only to find out that it is so accurate and powerful that there is no public rifle range in the state of Louisiana that is long enough to properly sight it in.
Oh. My bad. Wait. Did your son-in-law commit a terror attack or a mass killing with this "high powered sniper rifle" that he bought at a gun show? No? Huh. So you really believe that obama's idea of EOing a close to this "gun show loophole" is going to save lives?
I bet if you learned Vandalshandle's son-in-law is a Muslim, you'd be shitting your pants.

Why doesn't our govt ever act like they actually want to fix something?
I could understand doing something about guns if it would HELP.
Fools party

Bullshit.

I bet if you learned Vandalshandle's son-in-law is a Muslim, you'd be shitting your pants.
Oh dear. You are a racist, aren't you?

Bullshit.

As a matter of fact, we were very concerned about him at the time, because he had been suffering from depression, for years. But, having said that, why are you so concerned that someone who is a felon, or mentally ill is going to be denied the right to buy a gun at a gun show? More than 1.8 million people have been denied the right to buy weapons from dealers who do background checks, since the feds started requiring them from federally licensed dealers, so please don't tell me that background checks are not effective.

Bullshit.

As a matter of fact, we were very concerned about him at the time, because he had been suffering from depression, for years. But, having said that, why are you so concerned that someone who is a felon, or mentally ill is going to be denied the right to buy a gun at a gun show? More than 1.8 million people have been denied the right to buy weapons from dealers who do background checks, since the feds started requiring them from federally licensed dealers, so please don't tell me that background checks are not effective.
Never mind putting words in my mouth, father-in-law. I can't help but wonder why you let a family member that you knew was suffering from depression buy a gun.

Bullshit.

In addition to that, why do you think that this expansion of background checks is strictly aimed at terrorists and mass murderers? The real problem in this country is the guy with anger issues who gets pissed off at his wife for cheating on him, or something, buys a gun, and offs her and her boyfriend. At least if there is a restraining order on the guy, he could be denied the right to buy a firearm.

Bullshit.

Never mind putting words in my mouth, father-in-law. I can't help but wonder why you let a family member that you knew was suffering from depression buy a gun.

Well, Compost, I don't know why you have decided to make this thread about me, but I will give you this info. He was my wife's son-in-law, not mine, and he was 28 years old living in a separate state. Hopefully, now you can get back on topic.

Last edited:
I like background checks. There are folks who should not have guns, cars, knives, popguns etc. There was a situation where a gentleman was released from the state mental hospital and walked down the hill from the hospital to a gun store at the bottom. He shot at a cop who shot back, but still...

Thing is, we have this thing called a constitution which specifies how laws are enacted. We don't have an emperor who gets to make laws at a whim. Congress passes laws. If that doesn't happen, then laws don't get made.

Well, Compost, I don't know why you have decided to make this thread about me, but I will give you this info. He was my wife's son-in-law, not mine, and he was 28 years old living in a separate state. Hopefully, now you can get back on topic.
Back on topic?! I simply responded to what you said. You know. Like a conversation? Back and forth? It is only your own apparent self absorption that assumes this thread is about you.

Back on topic?! I simply responded to what you said. You know. Like a conversation? Back and forth? It is only your own apparent self absorption that assumes this thread is about you.

..and yet more about me, and nothing about the topic. You are dismissed.

..and yet more about me, and nothing about the topic. You are dismissed.
Oh darn. That must mean you won't be sharing any more pseudo personal stories then.

Hasn't been issued yet.

It's about to exist, dummy. My post made clear it's something he's doing, not something he's done. Therefore, obviously it hasn't been issued yet.
OH HORSESHIT! Your last two sentences of your OP put a lie to that CRAP! Your entire OP strongly implies it's a fait accompli and not merely pending! Your own words in the OP:
"Obama's use of illegal executive order to circumvent the law should have been an impeachable offense, but Obama has gotten away with it." That sure looks like past tense to me!

Forum List

Back