Obama complained to Argentina that Americans are clueless with poor foreign language skills

I'm not a doctor/lawyer/dog washer but I've had occasion to speak to maids and housekeepers in French and Spanish.

You may have as well but you're the sort who would put on a show of being too good to speak to the health.

Ugly Americans make me ashamed.

How about handsome Americans like myself? And why are talking to maids and housekeepers?
He's speaking to the health whatever that means.

I'm too good to lower myself to learn the language of the person cleaning the toilets. They are in this country, speak the language.

What if they speak English?

I'm not a doctor/lawyer/dog washer but I've had occasion to speak to maids and housekeepers in French and Spanish.

You may have as well but you're the sort who would put on a show of being too good to speak to the health.

Ugly Americans make me ashamed.

How about handsome Americans like myself? And why are talking to maids and housekeepers?
He's speaking to the health whatever that means.

I'm too good to lower myself to learn the language of the person cleaning the toilets. They are in this country, speak the language.

Saying that you are better than everyone else and that they should speak to you on your level, without trying to understand theirs, is what makes you an ugly American.

If you can't relate to them on their level, what makes you think they would stoop down to yours?

Improvement of foreign language skills could begin in grade school by taking class time away from learning masturbation techniques and instead use that time to study a foreign language.
or teaching catholic kids to go in a dark booth with a priest

I am not Catholic, but I don't believe people go into a dark booth with a Priest.

He would have been more accurate had he said that most Americans are clueless, with poor English language skills; forget about actually learning and being able to speak a foreign language.

But then again, considering the dubious source, It's very likely he said no such thing.
Well, whatever Obama said, you know it was with a whole bunch of stutters, but-uhs and pauses while Obama thinks.

Forum List

Back