Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Hard to believe...
Obama Considering Republican for SCOTUS
Looking to appoint centrist
News
Brian Lilley

The Obama administration could be looking to avoid a fight over the replacement of Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court by appointing a Republican, albeit a centrist Republican. The Washington Post reports that the White House is considering appointing the governor of Nevada to the highest court in the land:

President Obama is weighing the selection of Brian Sandoval, a centrist former federal judge who has served as governor since 2011, according to two people familiar with the process. Though the review process is in its initial phases and it is unclear whether the governor could ultimately emerge as the president’s pick, even the prospect of his nomination poses a difficult dilemma for Senate Republicans who have promised not to consider any nomination before November’s elections.

Sandoval then touted the passage of SB 123, a measure that shifted his state’s energy production away from coal by retiring several coal-power plants in southern Nevada. The state is now moving toward renewable energy sources and natural gas.

Sandoval then touted the passage of SB 123, a measure that shifted his state’s energy production away from coal by retiring several coal-power plants in southern Nevada. The state is now moving toward renewable energy sources and natural gas.

What is so wrong with that? Why not use our planets natural resources that are much cleaner and nevering to end on us.

The abortion rights governor has embraced Obamacare; lauded immigration reform and DREAMers; fiercely championed renewable energy; and taken lesser known actions on police body cameras, driver’s licenses for undocumented aliens and multiple moves to squelch Republican-led tort reform.

“There’s been this dramatic betrayal,” says the staunchly anti-tax Republican Assemblyman Ira Hansen, a Ted Cruz supporter who has become a public face of conservative opposition to Sandoval. “Sandoval went totally moderate liberal on us. If there was a referendum tomorrow, you’d find a dramatically different result among the Republican party base.”

Read more: Meet Brian Sandoval, Nevada’s Party Pooper

The abortion rights governor has embraced Obamacare; lauded immigration reform and DREAMers; fiercely championed renewable energy; and taken lesser known actions on police body cameras, driver’s licenses for undocumented aliens and multiple moves to squelch Republican-led tort reform.

“There’s been this dramatic betrayal,” says the staunchly anti-tax Republican Assemblyman Ira Hansen, a Ted Cruz supporter who has become a public face of conservative opposition to Sandoval. “Sandoval went totally moderate liberal on us. If there was a referendum tomorrow, you’d find a dramatically different result among the Republican party base.”

Good luck winning a national election supporting outright ban on abortion. It isn't going to happen....

You sure want government telling people what to do on this issue...Thought you hated government.

• Since 2000, Spain spent 571,138 euros on each green job, including subsidies of more than 1 million euros per job in the wind industry.
  • The programs creating those jobs destroyed nearly 110,500 jobs elsewhere in the economy (2.2 jobs destroyed for every green job created).
  • The high cost of electricity mainly affects production costs and levels of employment in metallurgy, nonmetallic mining and food processing, and beverage and tobacco industries.
  • Each “green” megawatt installed destroys 5.28 jobs elsewhere in the economy on average.
  • These costs do not reflect Spain’s particular approach but rather the nature of schemes to promote renewable energy sources.
Spain has found its foray into renewable energy to be unsustainable.

The Myth of Green Energy Jobs: The European Experience

I suggest we do as the dems did with Bush when he still had 19 months to go.

no one will be considered, not for any reason.

not until they apologise and admit they were being obstructionist and the party of no

Hard to believe...
News
Brian Lilley

The Obama administration could be looking to avoid a fight over the replacement of Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court by appointing a Republican, albeit a centrist Republican. The Washington Post reports that the White House is considering appointing the governor of Nevada to the highest court in the land:

President Obama is weighing the selection of Brian Sandoval, a centrist former federal judge who has served as governor since 2011, according to two people familiar with the process. Though the review process is in its initial phases and it is unclear whether the governor could ultimately emerge as the president’s pick, even the prospect of his nomination poses a difficult dilemma for Senate Republicans who have promised not to consider any nomination before November’s elections.

I posted this 10 days ago;

"One thing worries me in my observation from afar, Obama hasn't exactly been the stalwart progressive advertised in his original campaign. As a matter of fact he's been quite accommodating to the Corporatist establishment starting year one...........Be careful what you wish for, I don't think he'd name a Scalia clone but more likely a neutral compromising centrist. Might be better to wait an unprecedented year and hope for that likely Dem victory in the Fall."

This one too;

. "Obama hasn't done much that has thrilled the progressives in the Party. One last parting shot to assure himself of hundreds of millions in corporate speaking fees and book deals and Board of Governor jobs would put the final nail in his coffin as that fake progressive advertised 8 yrs. ago.
Call me a cynic. Let's see him make a bold move for a change and actually throw all the weight of the Presidency behind a real liberal Constitutionalist and fight like a pitbull to get him or her through Congress. HA! That'll be the day."

I don't know what he's up to. I know I became more disillusioned with him as time went on. He doesn't seem to give a shit about his legacy or those that first made him President and really expected that hope and change. They made the mistake of seeing in him something that really wasn't there I guess, I know I did.

That all comes originally from OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues I believe, I was there today. Looks like it's controlled or affiliated with the Christian Coalition. Sure he's got some conservative knocks against him but he's definitely not a liberal. He's pro-choice with a lot of restrictions. He strongly supports the 2nd amend and supports school vouchers. He wanted to join in on the Governor's suit against Obamacare. He opposes any amnesty, he said this;

"I oppose amnesty. As a Federal Judge, I saw both sides of the immigration issue. It was my duty to sentence undocumented immigrants for their crimes, but it was also my honor to swear in new Americans.
I believe that we must enforce our laws, secure our borders and respect the efforts of those who have become a citizen through the proper legal process. The American Dream is alive and well, but it must be pursued legally."

Shouldn't that satisfy most conservatives? Myself if I was a member of Obama's
"progressive base" I'd be howling at what looks like a cowardly cave-in to the
Republicans. They don't know that his real base is Wall St. and the Corporatist
Cartel that he's been pandering to for nearly eight years.

Hard to believe...
News
Brian Lilley

Obama has a history of nominating conservatives for top roles.

Hard to believe...
News
Brian Lilley

I think this is smoke before a far left nutter gets selected. But if Sandoval gets selected the GOP would be absolutely nutz in not confirming him.

I don't see it happening though.

Get Sandoval. Then win the Presidency and keep the senate. Wait for Ginsburg to retire or die and the get another Scalia on the bench.

Forum List

Back