🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama disarms Border Patrol agents

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
I have great difficulty believing this report is true. Simply because the action it describes, is so monstrously destructive of our national security (as well as putting Border Patrol agents into great personal danger), that I can't believe even Obama would dare do it.

The article quotes a pretty high BP official saying that he's never seen so many weapons being removed from his agents at one time, merely for safety "issues". And with no advance notice, and with pretty flimsy excuses. Supposedly certain mechanical parts have "issues", according to the DHS. But this Border Patrol official says the BP has personnel well trained in doing any repairs the weapons might need, and there is certainly no need for outside Federal agents to come in and confiscate wholesale numbers of the weapons.

What on Earth is going on???

If these confiscations are happening as described, and for the purposes described, then this is the most serious threat the United States has faced since Sept. 11, 2001. And the person who ordered it (and persons above him who did not stop it) are presenting a Clear and Present Danger to the security of the United States. Such a Danger is usually presented only by outside enemies. But this time.....??

There is a name for such acts. And it is neither "peaceful" nor "benign".

I have difficulty believing such a thing is actually happening, in this country.

--------------------------------------------------------

Obama disarms border patrol agents - Charleston Political Buzz Examiner.com

Obama disarms border patrol agents

November 13, 2014
6:04 PM MST 

It is quite apparent that Obama is disarming border patrol agents in advance of his forthcoming executive order that will provide amnesty to illegal immigrants. Approximately half of the United States Customs and Border Patrol's M4 carbine weapons have been taken away by the federal government, supposedly because the weapons posed safety concerns for border agents. Some people do not buy this explanation, such as Representative Steve King (R-Iowa.)

Congressman King said with a laugh: “There’s no more reliable weapon in the world,” and that “Any agency like the Department of Homeland Security that has bought millions of rounds of ammunition over the past few years could certainly afford to replace with new serviceable M4s all the weapons they are [taking] for testing. This sounds to me like a ruse to start to take the weapons out of the hands of the Border Patrol.” King stated that "the M4, M16 and AR15 have interchangeable parts and feature identical action," and “If there were any problem with them as far as safety was concerned, it would be all over the Internet.”

King emphasized that the Department of Homeland Security must beheld accountable for what he referred to as an entirely specious argument. He said: “I don’t get it. How does DHS go from ‘Fast and Furious’ to disarming the Border Patrol?” King was obviously referring to the Justice Department's gun scandal, during which thousands of weapons were sent to Mexico and ultimately ended up in criminals' hands.

“If you disarm the Border Patrol in preparation for issuing an executive edict of unconstitutional amnesty, that starts a flood of illegal immigrants into the United States, and we can’t protect our borders,” King stated.

Art del Cueto, the Border Patrol’s Tucson Sector union president said that in over a decade of time spent on Border Patrol duties, he has never seen so many weapons removed by the federal government at one time due to "safety" issues. He also stated that the federal agents arrived to inspect and confiscate the weapons with no advance notice, but rather simply showed up and told agents that a certain number of weapons had "issues" and must be removed.

“We have trained armorers working as agents and if there were problems with any of the weapons, they could have been fixed without federal agents removing them,” he said. “We are hearing that some of the problems were firing pins. We could have removed firing pins without requiring federal agents to remove the weapon and send it off somewhere for repairs.”

As a result of this weapon confiscation by the federal government, border agents in the area do not have personally sighted weapons anymore. Rather, all border patrol agents are currently using M4s that were used previously by someone else. Congressman King expressed a determination to find out exactly what the Department of Homeland Security is up to at the border.

Back during World War II, if a German agent had gotten into an American base and started removing or somehow hiding a lot of the soldiers' rifles, he would have been captured and shot as a spy, probably on the spot. Not just because we don't like Germans, but because he's doing something that would reduce the Americans' ability to fight in the war, and even defend themselves in case of a later German attack. Dead Americans could be the direct result. So the punishment for what the German agent did, is very severe.

Fast forward to 2014. Now we are facing an ongoing invasion by thousands (millions?) of foreigners from another country (actually many countries). Most of them are not armed, but some of them ARE, as we have often found out the hard way. Americans have been killed by these people. That's all happening TODAY.

And someone has been sending agents in to our primary defense bases against this invasion (Border Patrol offices), and removing the BP's rifles, for what sounds like flimsy and bogus excuses. As a direct result, we can send fewer armed agents into the field on the border... and that seems to be this someone's" exact intent. A BP officer with an unfamiliar rifle, not sighted in for his eyes, or no rifle at all, is in significantly greater danger than one with his own personal BP-issued rifle. And if the invaders know it's happening, they can get a lot bolder and more aggressive. Dead BP officers and/or dead American civilians can be the direct result.

What if an American general during WWII had ordered the rifles removed from an American base on the front lines, and the Germans then attacked it and killed a lot of defenseless American soldiers? That American general would certainly be cashiered, court-martialed, and stuck in the Ft. Leavenworth prison for a very long time... or possibly even face a firing squad or the gallows.

Why should the punishment for the people who removed the rifles from our Border Patrol posts - and the person who ordered it - be any less severe than the punishment for the German agent in WWII (or an American general) who did the same thing?

The offense is just as serious.

It is quite apparent that Obama is disarming border patrol agents in advance of his forthcoming executive order that will provide amnesty to illegal immigrants.

I know it will hurt like hell, but I want you to think and figure out the fatal flaw in logic in this sentence.

Border Patrol Agents are issued the H&K P2000 double action LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) pistol in .40 S&W caliber. It can contain as many as 13 rounds of ammunition (12 in the magazine and one in the chamber).

Border Patrol Agents also commonly carry the .223 caliber M4 Carbine and the H&K UMP .40 caliber submachine gun. The .308 caliber M14 rifle is used for mostly ceremonial purposes and by BORTAC in special situations.

As less than lethal options, the Border Patrol also uses the FN303. The Border Patrol also uses compressed-air cartridge powered guns that fire plastic pellet balls containing OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) Pepper dust.

Equipment used by U.S. Border Patrol Agents Border Patrol Agent

It is quite apparent that Obama is disarming border patrol agents in advance of his forthcoming executive order that will provide amnesty to illegal immigrants.

I know it will hurt like hell, but I want you to think and figure out the fatal flaw in logic in this sentence.
I think I got it.

Obama proclaiming that illegals in the country can stay, will NOT encourage a flood of more illegals to cross the border and pretend they were here for years, so that when the counting begins they can legally stay too.

If that's true, then the article makes no sense.

Right?

Forum List

Back