Obama Ditches Thatcher Funeral

Barack Obama is one sick S.O.B. (and the libtards are equally as sick for not denouncing his actions when he is so wrong). He hates England - and all over an incident that never happened. Seems 'ole grand-pappy LIED (obviously a trait in the Obama genes) that he was horribly "tortured" by England in the 1940's. Except that they proved it never happened.

On Obama's first day in office, his very first action was to send back the bust of Winston Churchill sent by our strongest allies after 9/11. The powers that be tried to stop him explaining that was a gift to the American people (and while trying to explain the diplomatic ramifications). But Obama, being the little power-hungry dictator he is decided the American people were not entitled to that gift - and had it shipped back to England just to stick it in their face (he could have shipped it to ANY museum in the U.S. so the American people could have retained their gift).

Now, he is snubbing the funeral of one of their most beloved leaders. And this decision was made BEFORE the bombings in Boston yesterday. Furthermore, he could still send his Secretary of State, other members of his cabinet, or even Michelle to represent him and the U.S. at the funeral.

The reality is, he is a radical marxist who aligns with the beliefs of Hugo Chavez (hence sending delegates to his funeral) while despising the freedom and free market beliefs of Margaret Thatcher (hence snubbing her funeral). Everyone should watch this video and the points they make here. Obama continues to disgrace America.

Obama snubs Margaret Thatcher?s funeral ? Glenn Beck

Could you imagine the height of the right wing rant if Obama left the country to go to a funeral in Great Britain. It would make what they did after the Libyan attack look pale by comparison.

Yeah..like there's nothing else happening in the world..or this country.

Boston Marathon bombs packed with gunpowder, shrapnel | Reuters

Yesterday's news had nothing to do with Obama's decision not to honor Thatcher.

Yeah..it's not like there's a war going on or anything.

Good ol' Obama should have packed up and took a couple of weeks off..to attend the funeral of a foreign leader.

That's the ticket.

I don't think he attended Chavez's funeral either.

:lmao:

Obama respect that there are wars going on? He's Mr. party Prez.

10.2n008.Obama--300x300.jpg

There was a congressman who went because Chavez subsidized heating oil for the poor in his state. Then there was the US ambassador to Venezuela. Anyone else? Doesn't sound like much of a delegation.

Wanna bet the US Ambassador to Great Britain goes to Thatcher's funeral? So far as I know, Great Britain never subsidized heating oil for the poor in this country. Maybe not even in their country.

Doesn't sound like much of a "scandal". You get a "fail". Have to do better.

He was in Paris..

Seriously.

Funny..I don't remember conservatives going crazy over that one.

:eusa_shhh:

i dont remember anyone going crazy over that.....i do remember we at the PO got a day off with pay....:eusa_angel:
Seriously? That's even worse than Floriduh renaming the turnpike the Ronald Reagan whatever. I actually gag when I see the signs. "small government conservatives" my ass.

they gave us Nixons and Fords too.....when you are a federal Worker and a President dies.....you get the day off......

That's OK. Bush did spend almost 1000 days between Camp David and Crawford. That's 3 years of vacation during both terms. You know he would have skipped Reagan's funeral if he could have.
What vacations? He took his homework and members of his cabinet to his retreats with him. They were in constant vigilance to develop Homeland Security, jobs for Americans, encouragement of brownfield cleanup for free from the private sector with the incentive approach. He worked most all of the time. Only the scenery was changed.

The only problem was, DNC scorched earth policy was to give only themselves time off, while hard-working Bush got no time off from their constant petty carping, and he didn't whine about it either; he's not whining now. He is, however getting things done in quiet ways. His library will benefit the SMU campus with jobs and resources. It opens soon, and it will have copies of all the stuff Sandy Berger tried to steal from the National Archives to make him look bad.

It must be frustrating to know that from the BDS sector. :)

Funny, but I don't have a recollection of people on the left bitching about the size of Laura Bush's ass, the size of Bush's ears, his grades in elementary school or whether or not he put his feet on the resolute desk...so a hypocrite says what?

i dont remember anyone going crazy over that.....i do remember we at the PO got a day off with pay....:eusa_angel:
Seriously? That's even worse than Floriduh renaming the turnpike the Ronald Reagan whatever. I actually gag when I see the signs. "small government conservatives" my ass.

they gave us Nixons and Fords too.....when you are a federal Worker and a President dies.....you get the day off......
Crazy, imo.

Yet another tacky, unstatesmanlike performance from The Won. Neither he nor any active member of his administration will attend Thatcher's funeral. It's a state occasion, given that the Queen is participating. So much for our "special relationship".

Maybe he'll send the family an ipod with some of his speeches as a consolation prize.

I'll also note that the terrorist attack in Benghazi didn't prevent Obama from flying off to Las Vegas for a fundraiser the next day.

Friends and allies of Baroness Thatcher expressed 'surprise and disappointment' last night as it emerged President Obama is not planning to send any serving member of his administration to her funeral.

Whitehall sources have revealed that the US delegation at tomorrow's service in St Paul's Cathedral will be led by two Reagan era secretaries of state: James Baker and George Shultz.

Though President Obama himself had not been expected to attend, there had been speculation that he would be represented either by Vice President Joe Biden or wife Michelle. However, the Obama administration had said it would not be attending Thatcher's funeral before the Boston bombings

Other world leaders, including Canada's Stephen Harper, Mario Monti of Italy and Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk, are attending the service in person.

President Obama paid tribute to Lady Thatcher's towering achievements when her death was announced last week.

But a US embassy spokesman confirmed that no serving member of his administration would be present to pay their last respects, citing a busy week in US domestic politics.

Former US vice president Dick Cheney and ex-secretary of state Henry Kissinger will attend the funeral, Downing Street said today...

Margaret Thatcher funeral: President Obama won't send envoy - and leaves it to her old allies from Reagan era | Mail Online

par for the course as far as i see it.

I think it is a huge mistake not sending a representative. Though i bet you good money if this had happened before the election.... both he and michelle would have been there.

The Queen and leaders worldwide have adjusted their very busy schedules to attend what has now been elevated to a state funeral for Baroness Thatcher with the attendance of the Monarchy.

How your President spends his time.....

Schedule for the Week of April 15, 2013 –

BCS National Champion University of Alabama Crimson Tide, Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed, NASCAR, Wounded Worrier Project, Meetings

250x250xobama_football-250x250.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ehs_0-nvQJ.jpg

On Monday, the President will welcome the BCS National Champion University of Alabama Crimson Tide to the White House to honor their 15th championship and their exceptional 2012-2013 season.

Continuing his tradition of recognizing sports teams for their work off the field, President Obama will highlight the Crimson Tide’s ongoing efforts to give back to their community.

Later, the President will participate in an Ambassador Credentialing Ceremony at the White House.

On Tuesday, the President will hold a working lunch with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Zayed of the United Arab Emirates at the White House. Later, the President will welcome Brad Keselowski to the White House to honor his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.

The President will also recognize Brad Keselowski and NASCAR’s effort to give back to their community as part of the visit.

On Wednesday, the President will welcome the Wounded Warrior Project’s Soldier Ride to the White House in celebration of the seventh annual Soldier Ride.

A cycling event to help Wounded Warriors restore their physical and emotional well-being, the Soldier Ride also raises awareness of our nation’s Wounded Warriors who battle the physical and psychological damages of war.

On Thursday and Friday, the President will attend meetings at the White House.

http://www.politisite.com/2013/04/14/president-obamas-schedule-week-of-april-15-2013/#.UW3FEkrpc3w

I don't recall obama attending his grandmothers funeral maybe he doesn't deal well with death.

Or maybe he didn't want to turn it into a right wing side show.

Look how the right wing attacks his wife and tried to put his children in danger.

and yet if he would have went.....i bet there would be threads about him going while this attack thing was happening.....just sayin....

Yep. And who cares, really? It's not as if Thatcher accomplished anything important. Just another blow hard rightwing nutter.

and that is why, i am sure, he will not be attending or sending anyone either....

and yet if he would have went.....i bet there would be threads about him going while this attack thing was happening.....just sayin....

Yep. And who cares, really? It's not as if Thatcher accomplished anything important. Just another blow hard rightwing nutter.

and that is why, i am sure, he will not be attending or sending anyone either....

He IS sending people. Just not from his current administration. I've admitted that I think his choices in who he sent were good, but that he should have included a current dignitary. You can't seem to acknowledge the fact that is sending two people.

And this surprises you? The Messiah and his entourage of loyal followers have no need for the likes of Thatcher. His disdain for Thatcher and her unraveling of the centralized English government, controlled by unions, is the anthesis to his political beliefs.

Once source has said that it's tougher to get an invitation to Thatcher's funeral than it was to the Royal Wedding.:)

It's going to be the big show. As in high regard as Prime Minister Churchill.

BIG BEN TO FALL SILENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 48 YEARS

The world famous chimes of Big Ben will fall silent for the duration of Baroness Thatcher’s funeral, it was announced yesterday.

Commons Speaker John Bercow told MPs there can be ‘profound dignity and deep respect’ in silence, as he announced plans to switch off the chimes for the first time since Winston Churchill's death.

The move comes after Lady Thatcher’s family rejected the idea of ringing a bell for each of her 87 years, a tribute paid to Churchill when his body left the Houses of Parliament.

Baroness Thatcher's children, Sir Mark and Carol Thatcher, said they appreciated the 'great honour' of Big Ben and Westminster's Great Clock falling silent during their mother's funeral.

In a statement in the Commons, Mr Bercow said: ‘I believe that there can be a profound dignity and deep respect expressed in and through silence and I am sure the whole House will agree.’

The last time the bells were silenced was Churchill's funeral in 1965, although there has also been routine maintenance since then.

article-2309767-19535BED000005DC-229_964x553.jpg

Margaret Thatcher funeral: Baroness's coffin to be taken to Parliament chapel for MPs to pay their respects | Mail Online

Forum List

Back