Obama - first president to have a problem with a News Network?

Fox is the #1 cable news network, an administration can't hide from them. If they can't handle the pressure of a news organization, how will they ever handle the challenges of countries such as Russia, China, and Iran?

This lie after lie is getting old, and there has been positive news stories on Fox about Obama, and his family. They just haven't been positive on his policies that this country can't afford.

I guess I don't see it as the administration cannot handle the pressure. It's more like why should they keep fighting a losing battle with Fox reporters?? Even when they don't tell out and out lies, they still turn around and distort a story like nobody's business!!

Obama doesn't think he will get a fair shake from them, and I think he's right. At least MSNBC has pundits that do represent both sides. Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough drive me nuts!!! They are both staunch Republicans. But I'm willing to listen because they offer their criticism without all of the name calling and insults. When I watch Fox for just 5 minutes, I want to scream.

Thank you for your polite response to my post. I really appreciate it.

An administration should stand up and be held accountable to all the media. Especially Fox, it's a big news organization. When Obama was on the No Spin Zone, with O'Reilly, it was a fair and respectful conversation. Obama's problem is that he doesn't want to be asked the tough questions.
You might want to rethink your MSNBC remark......they are really over the top with bias, much more so than Fox.

Well, maybe we will have to just agree to disagree. But again, I so appreciate the civility.

Fox is the #1 cable news network, an administration can't hide from them. If they can't handle the pressure of a news organization, how will they ever handle the challenges of countries such as Russia, China, and Iran?

This lie after lie is getting old, and there has been positive news stories on Fox about Obama, and his family. They just haven't been positive on his policies that this country can't afford.

I guess I don't see it as the administration cannot handle the pressure. It's more like why should they keep fighting a losing battle with Fox reporters?? Even when they don't tell out and out lies, they still turn around and distort a story like nobody's business!!

Obama doesn't think he will get a fair shake from them, and I think he's right. At least MSNBC has pundits that do represent both sides. Pat Buchanan and Joe Scarborough drive me nuts!!! They are both staunch Republicans. But I'm willing to listen because they offer their criticism without all of the name calling and insults. When I watch Fox for just 5 minutes, I want to scream.

Thank you for your polite response to my post. I really appreciate it.

The point that you seem unable to grasp, Rinata, is that Fox is a member of the WH press pool. As such, they meet part of the costs of this pool. Whether you approve or disapprove, that funding gives them equal footing as the other members of the press pool.

Also, MSNBC are owned by GE. GE received bail out money from the government - and their CEO is 'in the tank' with Obama. They are the most biased of all the media. Their bail out money had strings attached. That is that they support the Obama agenda. They even sell Obama memorabilia in their store! To say that they are anything other than biased is nonsense.

One day, this Administration will be gone and a new one will replace it. If that is a GOP Administration and they not only try to permanently freeze out MSNBC but then publicly denouce them as 'not a news station' would that be okay? No. It would not. So it is not ok for them to do it to Fox.

Difference is, you're fine while its Fox and not MSNBC. I, on the other hand, would be arguing in support of MSNBCs right to access.

Look, I don't know what Obama should do about Fox. All I am saying is that I understand why he wants no part of them. And I don't blame him. They do not act like a news organization.

The administration is not obligated to "report" to the press. The only obligation the president has is to report to congress in a state of the union once a year. All other "reporting" is at the pleasure of the president.

All this whining and no ground to stand on. Isn't it a pity..

YouTube - Isn't it a Pity, George Harrison

That's a great point. Thanks!!!

I love the song and I love George. Wish he was still here.

The administration is not obligated to "report" to the press. The only obligation the president has is to report to congress in a state of the union once a year. All other "reporting" is at the pleasure of the president.

All this whining and no ground to stand on. Isn't it a pity..

Seriously, Huggy, are you capable of actually grasping a point at all?

Yes, the Administation is obligated to allow media access. The media run a press pool - they share costs, facilities, etc. They do this because the WH wants them to. Jeeez, you are a dumb fuck.

Why don't you just cool it with the bull about nobody being able to grasp a point. You mean as well as you do?? You're dumber than a bag of rocks, Texas girl.

And why don't you cool it with the cussing. You have no class.

I know that you have no manners and that you're very childish. You don't have to keep proving it. Or are you just some smartass teen?? Either way, grow up.
you are showing that you are nothing but a partisan idiot
dont stop, its good for laughs

It isn't hard to make silly teenagers laugh, punk.
you are clueless
:lol:

and you are the one looking like the punk, bitch

you are clueless
:lol:

and you are the one looking like the punk, bitch

Ooops!!! Hit a nerve, did I?? Sorry. Have fun at the school dance tonight.
oh, you have a dance tonight
go to it
you might actually learn something about interacting with people

Oh, I do that just fine with most people. But not people that are rude to me just because I don't agree with their politics.

Fox is not news.

Fox is the propaganda arm of the Republican Party.

Fox is the only tv network that organizes street demontrations against the government.

No, he isn't.

Lincoln shut down dissenting newspapers, so President Obama is not the first to have a distaste for a medium of news.

Fox is not news.

Fox is the only tv network that organizes street demontrations against the government.

:cuckoo:

Shouldn't you be proud about the fact that Fox supports the destruction of america? Rupert Murdoch spent manyhundreds of millions to put Fox in that position before he made a dime. Roger Ailes was an operative in the RNC that ran the Willie Hoirton ads and in a truly Rovian manner was the bag man of missinformation for the neo cons for many years before heading Fox. These facts are not disputable so why all the anxst ?... Embrace it!

Fox is not news.

Shouldn't you be proud about the fact that Fox supports the destruction of america? Rupert Murdoch spent manyhundreds of millions to put Fox in that position before he made a dime. Roger Ailes was an operative in the RNC that ran the Willie Hoirton ads and in a truly Rovian manner was the bag man of missinformation for the neo cons for many years before heading Fox. These facts are not disputable so why all the anxst ?... Embrace it!
have you ever sought out professional treatment for these delusions you have?

Fox is not news.

Huggy, I see your in need of your meds again.

Either MEDS or Dollars. Seems to me Smuggy suffers from Wealth Envy...

Either MEDS or Dollars. Seems to me Smuggy suffers from Wealth Envy...

Whatever it is, he has to play with the hand dealt to him, and this is what we end up with.

Fox is not news.

Exactly.

Not to mention the fact that Fox was directing people to websites to sign up for the "tea party" street demonstrations.

No other network in history has ever done anything like that. Fox is not news.

Forum List

Back