Obama Gives Phones to Illegal Aliens for Votes

I wasn't saying that you did.

It's the same sort of logical fallacy conspiracy theory connecting the dots as Beck does, though.
You insinuated it.

I said it in an ambiguous way, and then clarified myself.

No here is what you said
No, Obama has never been a board member of The Annenberg Foundation.

He was on the board of The Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a project funded partially by the Annenberg Foundation. The Chicago Annenberg Challenge has NOTHING to do with factcheck - in fact, factcheck.org started 4 years after the Chicago Annenberg Challenge was done.
Sorry, imho it has everything to do with why "Fact Check" only checks facts Annenberg Ayers wants checked that will benefit the socialization of America and protecting his golden goose Obama.
You know, things like this make you look silly.

It's Glenn Beck's chalkboard nonsense.

I have repeatedly asked you to stop lying.

This is his argument

and he says they are connected.:eusa_whistle:

Do you really think that the fact Obama was on the board of an organization that received money from the same organization that funds factcheck makes him a "board member" of factcheck?

Dude Annenberg is Annenberg stop with the lies.

You can repeat that as many times as you like, it still won't magically come true.

The Annenberg Public Policy Institute is part of the University of Pennsylvania.

The Annenberg Challenge is a public education grant given by the Annenberg Foundation.

They have nothing to do with each other, aside from the name "Annenberg".

No, nothing shows that someone has lost an argument than one who declares the other person lost the argument when the opposition actually made a very good point with no personal attack damage whatever as charged. :rolleyes:

Well, let's go down the list.

First, in your OP, you claimed that "Obama was giving free cell phones to illegal immigrants in exchange for votes".

It was pointed out to you that 1.) There's no program that gives taxpayer-funded cell phones to ANYONE, 2.) That Illegal Immigrants don't qualify for free phones anyway, and 3.) That the program (a privately funded one) started under Bush.

Your response to that was attacking factcheck, claiming that "Obama was on the board".

When I pointed out that he wasn't, you called me an ostrich with my head in the sand.

This is classic conspiracy theory logical fallacies - any evidence that goes against your beliefs immediately become part of the conspiracy.

You shouldn't believe something just because you really want to.

(1) Partisans pointed out they disagreed with the OP by disparaging its source.
No, people proved your OP wrong.

Then YOU "disparaged the source" (Fackcheck)

(2) I showed how they do qualify and I showed it twice.
No, you didn't. You claimed it - but offered no evidence.
(3) Congress funds what it wishes according to the COTUS.
Ok. What does that have to do with anything?

There are factions in this country that solicit votes from illegal immigrants by going against what is right, which is citizenship through application prior to entry into the country.
You claim that, but haven't given evidence.

For the sake of argument, we'll say you're right. That still doesn't make your OP true.

Your charge of conspiracy theory is both erroneous and vapid.

Are you still standing by your OP - that "Obama is giving free phones to illegals in exchange for votes"?

Or are you just prevaricating?

You insinuated it.

No here is what you said
Sorry, imho it has everything to do with why "Fact Check" only checks facts Annenberg Ayers wants checked that will benefit the socialization of America and protecting his golden goose Obama.

Are you being purposefully disingenuous?

You and Becki misinterpreted my post, so I clarified what I meant. Why are you still harping on it?

No here is what you said

You and Becki misinterpreted my post, so I clarified what I meant. Why are you still harping on it?

I haven't misrepresented anything I posted your post You were the one that brought up glenn beck you insinuated that that what she was talking about came from Glenn Beck.

Do you really think that the fact Obama was on the board of an organization that received money from the same organization that funds factcheck makes him a "board member" of factcheck?

You can repeat that as many times as you like, it still won't magically come true.

The Annenberg Public Policy Institute is part of the University of Pennsylvania.

The Annenberg Challenge is a public education grant given by the Annenberg Foundation.

They are both funded by one group they are connected. Annenberg is Annenberg It can't get any simpler than that.

No here is what you said

I haven't misrepresented anything I posted your post You were the one that brought up glenn beck you insinuated that that what she was talking about came from Glenn Beck.

I understand how my post could have been interpreted like that, but that was not my insinuation.

Hense my clarification.

They are both funded by one group they are connected. Annenberg is Annenberg It can't get any simpler than that.

So, you're going to keep rolling with that - the fact that they're both named after the same person "proves" that factcheck is "run by Obama"?

No here is what you said

Nice sig.

So, you're going to keep rolling with that - the fact that they're both named after the same person "proves" that factcheck is "run by Obama"?
Just like you're going to keep going with what you said. I showed you they are connected you have given you opinion

You didn't make the claim that they were "connected", though.

You made the claim that "Obama is on the board of factcheck".

Just like you're going to keep going with what you said. I showed you they are connected you have given you opinion You're making shit up when did I say that? I said obama was a board member for the Annenberg Challenge I then said Fact check is part of Annenburg They are connected.

Just like you're going to keep going with what you said. I showed you they are connected you have given you opinion

No I did not

No I did not

Yeah, you did.

Factcheck? The group obama was a board member of? hold the toilet paper I have to take another shit.

FactCheck.org and the ‘Annenberg Challenge’

Contrary to suggestions we’ve seen in some conservative blogs, there is no connection between the Chicago Annenberg Challenge and FactCheck.org, save for the fact that both received funding from the Annenberg Foundation. The foundation supports a wide variety of charitable causes – a total of 5,200 grants during its first 15 years of operation. It was founded in 1989 by Walter H. Annenberg, a newspaper and magazine publisher who died in 2002.

FactCheck.org is funded by, and is a project of, the Annenberg Public Policy Center, which was established by the Annenberg Foundation with a $20 million endowment in 1993. The Annenberg Foundation also made additional grants to support our work. We also receive funding from the Flora Family Foundation to help support our educational offshoot, FactCheckED.org. We receive no other outside funding.

FactCheck.org came into being in late 2003. Director Brooks Jackson states: "Our mission is to be as neutral and nonpartisan as humanly possible. Annenberg supports that, and nobody at the Annenberg Foundation has ever tried to influence anything we’ve written."

For the record, the Annenberg Foundation’s president and chairman is Leonore Annenberg, the founder’s widow. Public records show she’s given $2,300 to the McCain campaign, which announced on Oct. 8, that she has endorsed him for president.

More: FactCheck.org : ‘He Lied’ About Bill Ayers?

Contrary to suggestions we’ve seen in some conservative blogs, there is no connection between the Chicago Annenberg Challenge and FactCheck.org, save for the fact that both received funding from the Annenberg Foundation. The foundation supports a wide variety of charitable causes – a total of 5,200 grants during its first 15 years of operation. It was founded in 1989 by Walter H. Annenberg, a newspaper and magazine publisher who died in 2002.

FactCheck.org is funded by, and is a project of, the Annenberg Public Policy Center, which was established by the Annenberg Foundation with a $20 million endowment in 1993. The Annenberg Foundation also made additional grants to support our work. We also receive funding from the Flora Family Foundation to help support our educational offshoot, FactCheckED.org. We receive no other outside funding.

FactCheck.org came into being in late 2003. Director Brooks Jackson states: "Our mission is to be as neutral and nonpartisan as humanly possible. Annenberg supports that, and nobody at the Annenberg Foundation has ever tried to influence anything we’ve written."

For the record, the Annenberg Foundation’s president and chairman is Leonore Annenberg, the founder’s widow. Public records show she’s given $2,300 to the McCain campaign, which announced on Oct. 8, that she has endorsed him for president.

So fact check is saying that it'ss not connected with Annenberg foundation??????:eusa_whistle: Who would have thought they would deny it?

Annenberg Foundation | Other Annenberg Organizations and Programs | Annenberg Challenge

Annenberg Foundation | Annenberg Foundation | Other Annenberg Organizations and Programs | Annenberg Challenge

More reason why fake check is a lie.

No I did not

theDoctorisIn's use of direct quotes is misleading, but in this thread you did say

Factcheck? The group obama was a board member of? hold the toilet paper I have to take another shit.

Putting aside basic issues of syntax, I think it is entirely reasonable to interpret this as a factual assertion. Such an interpretation is bolstered by your later posts, in which you provide evidence pointing to a link (a very tenuous one, not the one you originally claimed) between Factcheck and Obama.

EDIT: theDoctorisIn beat me to providing the original quote. See post above.

So fact check is saying that it'ss not connected with Annenberg foundation??????:eusa_whistle: Who would have thought they would deny it?

Annenberg Foundation | Other Annenberg Organizations and Programs | Annenberg Challenge

Annenberg Foundation | Annenberg Foundation | Other Annenberg Organizations and Programs | Annenberg Challenge

More reason why fake check is a lie.

Contrary to suggestions we’ve seen in some conservative blogs, there is no connection between the Chicago Annenberg Challenge and FactCheck.org, save for the fact that both received funding from the Annenberg Foundation.

No I did not

theDoctorisIn's use of direct quotes is misleading, but in this thread you did say

Putting aside basic issues of syntax, I think it is entirely reasonable to interpret this as a factual assertion. Such an interpretation is bolstered by your later posts, in which you provide evidence pointing to a link (a very tenuous one, not the one you originally claimed) between Factcheck and Obama.
Annenberg was what I was talking about but fake check is part of Anenberg.

Forum List

Back