Obama has another Benghazi Moment

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
Last edited:
"As I said at the National Defense University back in May, in meeting those threats we have to strike the right balance between protecting our security and preserving our freedoms. And as part of this rebalancing, I called for a review of our surveillance programs. Unfortunately, rather than an orderly and lawful process to debate these issues and come up with appropriate reforms, repeated leaks of classified information have initiated the debate in a very passionate, but not always fully informed way."

this guy is so full of it, sometimes I am just speechless..

"My preference -- and I think the American people’s preference -- would have been for a lawful, orderly examination of these laws, a thoughtful fact-based debate that would then lead us to a better place. Because I never made claims that all the surveillance technologies that have developed since the time some of these laws had been put in place somehow didn't require potentially some additional reforms. That’s exactly what I called for.

So the fact is, is that Mr. Snowden has been charged with three felonies. If, in fact, he believes that what he did was right, then, like every American citizen, he can come here, appear before the court with a lawyer and make his case. If the concern was that somehow this was the only way to get this information out to the public, I signed an executive order well before Mr. Snowden leaked this information that provided whistleblower protection to the intelligence community -- for the first time. So there were other avenues available for somebody whose conscience was stirred and thought that they needed to question government actions.

But having said that, once the leaks have happened, what we’ve seen is information come out in dribs and in drabs, sometimes coming out sideways. Once the information is out, the administration comes in, tries to correct the record. But by that time, it’s too late or we’ve moved on, and a general impression has, I think, taken hold not only among the American public but also around the world that somehow we’re out there willy-nilly just sucking in information on everybody and doing what we please with it."

Exactly my reaction. It is unbelievable how the press is hypnotized by this bullshit artist. They ask the same questions they ask carney and get the same answers...and depart satisfied they have done their job. They would be throwing their shoes if it were W...

he was against it, before he was for it then against it.....a triple !!!:lol:

Published: June 7, 2013
Obama on Surveillance, Then and Now
Throughout his Senate career, Barack Obama was a fierce critic of surveillance efforts in the Patriot Act, and he vowed during the 2008 presidential campaign to end “illegal wiretapping,” casting the question of liberty versus security as a “false choice.” But over his years in the White House, Mr. Obama has increasingly spoken of needing to “make some choices as a society,” as he did on Friday when he addressed revelations about data collection of phone and Internet records by the National Security Agency.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/.../08obama-surveillance-history-video.html?_r=0

Obama defends NSA surveillance programs as 'right balance'
By Justin Sink - 06/07/13 02:07 PM ET

President Obama on Friday defended a pair of recently disclosed surveillance programs as striking the “right balance” between national security and civil liberties following a speech Friday in California.

“You can't have 100 percent security and also have 100 percent privacy and zero inconvenience. We're going to have to make some choices as a government,” Obama said.

Read more: Obama defends NSA surveillance programs as 'right balance' - The Hill's Video

LOL. Talk about trying to talk his way out of this one. Sorry but it is not going to work. He can claim all day long that he was on top of this but the fact is those programs are expanding under him and he has been more than happy to allow that to happen. He could have done away with the PA but he chose not to. He could have done a lot of things that would have impacted the surveillance but he chose not to. That is because he does not want to.

What we do know is at the same time there were hundreds of deadly riots going on all over the world. How come Republicans fail to mention that? Oh, that's right. The altered emails should have clued me in.

What we do know is at the same time there were hundreds of deadly riots going on all over the world. How come Republicans fail to mention that? Oh, that's right. The altered emails should have clued me in.

Did obama learn about those on the 11 o clock news also?

I don't think people should swear to keep things secret then spill the beans but it has been happening since there have been secrets. Sometimes these secrets reveal something that the government has been doing that just ain't right.

So what is the reform that Obama talks about? The only possible outcome can be the clamping down of information getting out. Which has been the hall mark of this administration. They have prosecuted and harassed more whistleblowers then all the administrations before them. This promise only means more of the same.

Obama, steps on the US Constitution every chance that he gets. The scandals tell it all. We have operation fast and furious, the IRS, NSA, Benghazi, et al. The coverup goes on and on. He is using the federal government to intimidate, and suppress political rivals. He is giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Barack Obama, isn't a friend to the American people. If he had gone through a back ground check before he ran for office he would have been tossed out of his ear.

nope....that was only after obama blamed the video maker

You should try being speechless, it might deter you from making a fool of yourself starting a thread with 2 outright lies as its premise.

you must have frequented another site I used to post on. Someone there used the same lie all the time and ran when called on it. Want to show me where the supposed threads are?

Did obama learn about those on the 11 o clock news also?

Maybe a few dozen of them since there were at least a hundred. Seems Republicans NEVER heard about them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back