Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

Just a lowly Deck Seaman, working mess duty. But she thought I was a FTM1 !!! :lol:

that's really pretty amazing coincidence. I can remember stopping by Norfolk once and all my navy buddies were telling me about the mother of some lowly deck seaman who used to routinely pass himself off as a Fire Control Tech.... his mom was putting out for everybody and would even do it with barnyard animals if you bought enough beer first.

small world, eh?

And here I went and put "I'd still salute your leaf" in the opening of my post, thinking that a respectful officer would be respectful in return.
You'd already said you didn't have a ship command, so I knew she couldn't have been your wife. Therefore there was no attack directed towards you or your's.

Lesson learned, fuckface.
Now I know why you weren't fit for command.

and I wasn't referring to YOU personally either.

do you really think that you were "respectful" with your cute comment about your commander's wife?

that's really pretty amazing coincidence. I can remember stopping by Norfolk once and all my navy buddies were telling me about the mother of some lowly deck seaman who used to routinely pass himself off as a Fire Control Tech.... his mom was putting out for everybody and would even do it with barnyard animals if you bought enough beer first.

small world, eh?

Yeah...I remember her saying her brother the Commander got caught sucking off a donkey in TJ when he was attending SWO School in Coronado. Funny you should bring that story up.

poor guy. I am glad I was a SWO long before they made young JOs go to school for it. I was an east coast sailor until after I graduated from destroyer school.:razz:

and what rate did you say you were PP? my guess is skivvy waver.

tms-473.jpg

Go back to bed.

There is only a situation at all here if anyone can prove that there was some sort of quid-pro-quo offered. And that is not going to happen.

Otherwise it is a dead issue.

Otherwise, if any candidate drops out of any race because they scored a good job, then their employer would then be guilty of a Federal Offense.

So, again, this is a ridiculous and utterly unprosecutable accusation.

Sestak admitted it on tape!!!! Go back to bed.

Sestak is not the supposed perpetrator, he would be a "witness".

And he would have no material proof of any Quid Pro Quo, just his assumption about what was being implied.

That is otherwise known as "hearsay".

Really unsure of what your interest is in getting me into bed. Sorry, I don't swing that way.

How would a political candidate offering the veep slot get into title 18 problems? All he is offering is candidacy, not an official position.

A chance at a high-up position is still considered a "thing of value", just like an actual job would be.

It'd be the same thing in this interpretation. Which means 90% of the presidential candidates of the last 60 years or so would all be guilty of the same "crime".

And hell, while we're at it, how about all the people who are drafted to be cabinet members that are currently serving as representatives, thus opening up their senate, gubernatorial, or congressional seats for others to fill?

They'd have to be included too.

Last edited:
That's why you aren't a lawyer...you don't understand this law.

ROFL.

Why don't you explain to me how a 50-50 chance at being Vice President of the United States isn't a "thing of value" being exchanged, if a job in the cabinet is?

Instead of just claiming I don't "understand".

Because I can assure you, I do in fact understand.

small world, eh?

Yeah...I remember her saying her brother the Commander got caught sucking off a donkey in TJ when he was attending SWO School in Coronado. Funny you should bring that story up.

poor guy. I am glad I was a SWO long before they made young JOs go to school for it. I was an east coast sailor until after I graduated from destroyer school.:razz:

and what rate did you say you were PP? my guess is skivvy waver.

Good thing you don't gamble...your a loser...AGAIN! OT until I had to get a source rating for dive school...then I switched to ET.
and:lol:...I know your story...not too well liked on the bridge...one of those prick types...assholes like you would go through the berthing throwing pennies under the racks to see if the compartment cleaners were getting all the way under the triced up racks during your berthing inspection.

Last edited:
If it's not a big deal, then why don't they just provide the details so the controversy will end?

Nothing to see here folks, you may turn off the faux outrage alarms. The facts surrounding the situation are undisputed, if there was anything wrong with it there'd be heads-a-rolling!

What the hell does it matter anyway? So they offered him a job, big deal? In a general election, job offered to the opposing party, maybe there's something there, but here? What do you cons care which candidate runs for the Dems here in Pennsy?

Nice Officer Barbrady impersonation, but if there really is nothing to see, then why the stonewalling?

Gibby said that the Obama White House had investigated The Obama White House and cleared The Obama White House of any wrong-doing. All they need to do is provide the details - instead, they are hemming and hawing. That doesn't inspire much confidence when the simple details (if what they claim is true) should be able to squash the controversy

Or how about when a presidential candidate offers a competitor the office of Vice President if they drop out of the race? (which has pretty much happened in every race I can remember)

That would be a crime under this interpretation also.

That's why you aren't a lawyer...you don't understand this law.

but i am one... and i do ...

and whether a crime was committed, and by whom, depends on the explicit language used.

If it's not a big deal, then why don't they just provide the details so the controversy will end?

What controversy?

There is no controversy except in the minds of right-wing partisan hacks.

There is no legal issue here at all in fact.

There is only a situation at all here if anyone can prove that there was some sort of quid-pro-quo offered. And that is not going to happen.

Otherwise it is a dead issue.

Otherwise, if any candidate drops out of any race because they scored a good job, then their employer would then be guilty of a Federal Offense.

So, again, this is a ridiculous and utterly unprosecutable accusation.

Sestak admitted it on tape!!!! Go back to bed.

Sestak is not the supposed perpetrator, he would be a "witness".

And he would have no material proof of any Quid Pro Quo, just his assumption about what was being implied.

That is otherwise known as "hearsay".

Really unsure of what your interest is in getting me into bed. Sorry, I don't swing that way.

Like I said...your stupidity belies your education.

Nice Officer Barbrady impersonation, but if there really is nothing to see, then why the stonewalling?

for the third time...

because they aren't going to address the torch and pitchfork crowd.

:cuckoo:

While I agree that the White House, regardless of who is in office, shouldn't have to address each and every claim against them......At some point, however, shouldn't they address *something*??

It just seems that this administration has spent an inordinate amount of time avoiding the GP.

so the wh can spend public tax payer funds to guarantee the outcome of an election by offering one of the would be participants a high level government job to opt out of the primary. and this is not illegal? and you guys want to bitch casue corporations can contribute money to campaign funds.. do we understand this correctly?? huh?? whatyasay?

:lol::lol::lol:

for the third time...

While I agree that the White House, regardless of who is in office, shouldn't have to address each and every claim against them......At some point, however, shouldn't they address *something*??

It just seems that this administration has spent an inordinate amount of time avoiding the GP.
:eusa_shhh:

just remember their famous last words.. "Tea Party" "We don't know who these people are."

for the third time...

They don't have to worry about that crowd. The torches and pitchforks are being used by SEIU to terrorize 14 year old boys in their homes.

for the third time...

well, if i were the president, and i looked at the past thirty some-odd years of presidents, the lesson i would take away is 'respond to nothing' no good can come of it....

worked for bush.

and i'm not saying that to criticize bush, actually, i always marveled at it while he was president.

for the third time...

They don't have to worry about that crowd. The torches and pitchforks are being used by SEIU to terrorize 14 year old boys in their homes.

okie dokie...

thanks for the non-sequitur.

Forum List

Back