Obama in serious trouble--Sestak confirms WH offer to drop out of Senate race

and again... it would have been brilliant of Obama if he could have talked Sestak into becoming SecNav instead of running for the senate... you yourself acknowledge he is preeminently qualified for the job.

Oh, and I did not have command at sea, but did have command ashore. and I retired as a commander. You are aware that that is a rank and not merely a job title? :cuckoo:

and if you DOUBT me and want to persist in insulting my service, why don't you man up and make some sort of potent wager so that I can fax you a copy of my ID card and you can send me a large check. How would that be?

Most Cdr.s I know would be proud of their commands and not hide them. But if you choose to go that route then that's your option. I can get copies of DD Form 2 cards on line too...but I don't need to because I know mine is real. It's blue and has an indefinite expiration date.

Most commanders are not fortunate enough to get even ONE command at sea... I was not, along with most other commanders that I know. I was fortunate enough to have command ashore. Do the math... how many O-5 1110s are there, and how many surface ships are in commission that are rated for a commander CO. but...Like I said... you wanna keep insulting me service, man up and make a potent wager and I'll figure out some way to prove to you my status as a retired Navy O-5 surface warfare officer and you can write me a big check. WHy would you have a problem with that? If you don't want to man up, then show a modicum of class and stop insulting your superiors.
Uh, excuse me but, you're a civilian now. You are not ANYBODY'S superior.

Man, you officers sure are full of yourselves. Even in retirement you falsely believe your shit doesn't stink.

who says the claim was false? He would have been a PERFECT SecNav!

I can easily understand why the Obama administration would have offfered him the position... he is preeminently qualified for it.

Then why fuel a controversy when providing the facts could end it?

you've read the answer. you're intentionally ignoring it.

no surprises. :cuckoo:

No real answer has been provided other than The Obama White House investigated The Obama White House and concluded that The Obama White House did nothing wrong.

A circular answer is not an answer. A real one would include specifics.

But then, I wouldn't expect someone who thinks Opacity is Transparency to grok this.

Then why fuel a controversy when providing the facts could end it?

No real answer has been provided other than The Obama White House investigated The Obama White House and concluded that The Obama White House did nothing wrong.

But then, I wouldn't expect someone who thinks Opacity is Transparency to grok this.

:meow:
:woohoo::woohoo:

Do you tow prefer lime jello or chocolate puddin' to 'rassle 'round in?

Too bad Pelosi, Reid, et.al. do not feel the same.....

well, i suspect if the repubs actually worked across the aisle instead of doing the bidding of the 'i hope he fails' loons, perhaps you'd have seen more working across the aisle.

thinking you can see kumbaya with people whose entire political strategy is obstruction is kind of naive, no?

Seems I recall ideas being brought forward, during the health care debate (tort reform, state lines, etc..), that were ignored because the Dems had the votes and didn't need their help.

:meow:
:woohoo::woohoo:

Do you tow prefer lime jello or chocolate puddin' to 'rassle 'round in?

Oh Snap. Warm chocolate pudding, of course.

well, i suspect if the repubs actually worked across the aisle instead of doing the bidding of the 'i hope he fails' loons, perhaps you'd have seen more working across the aisle.

thinking you can see kumbaya with people whose entire political strategy is obstruction is kind of naive, no?

Seems I recall ideas being brought forward, during the health care debate (tort reform, state lines, etc..), that were ignored because the Dems had the votes and didn't need their help.

Quite right.

+
Rep. Joe Sestak, winner of the Pennsylvania Democratic Senate primary, is refusing to provide more information on what job he was offered by a White House official to drop of that race, although he confirmed again that the incident occurred.

The White House was backing incumbent Sen. Arlen Specter (D-Pa.) in the primary. Sestak acknowledged in an interview in February that he was offered a position by an unnamed White House official - a potential violation of federal law - but has not offered any specifics on conversation. Republicans are trying to use the issue against Sestak in the November Senate race.

"It's interesting. I was asked a question about something that happened months earlier, and I felt that I should answer it honestly, and that's all I had to say about it." Sestak said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press. "Anybody else has to decide on what they will say upon their role. That's their responsibility."

Yet Sestak confirmed to NBC's David Gregory that the incident did take place. "I was offered a job, and I answered that," Sestak said. "Anything that goes beyond that is for others to talk about."

Sestak being a retired admiral--it is believed was offered the secretary of Navy position a high level position that would have had to have been approved by the POTUS. Of course Arlen Spector the long time Republican who switched party to become a Democrat directly after Obama took office and voted for the 787 billion dollar stimulus bill. Thoughts from political talking heads suggest that the administration would have had to promise Spector something big for changing his decades long party status--possibly-that there would be no opposition coming from another democrat in the primary season--guaranteeing Spector's nomination.

Therefore, the administration offered Sestak a position which he turned down. Gates--White House press secretary has refused to answer questions about this political pay-off that went sour for months. Sestak just spilled the beans. If found to be true, this is an impeachable offense on the POTUS.

Sestak confirms WH job offer to get out of Senate race - POLITICO Live - POLITICO.com

Most Cdr.s I know would be proud of their commands and not hide them. But if you choose to go that route then that's your option. I can get copies of DD Form 2 cards on line too...but I don't need to because I know mine is real. It's blue and has an indefinite expiration date.

Most commanders are not fortunate enough to get even ONE command at sea... I was not, along with most other commanders that I know. I was fortunate enough to have command ashore. Do the math... how many O-5 1110s are there, and how many surface ships are in commission that are rated for a commander CO. but...Like I said... you wanna keep insulting me service, man up and make a potent wager and I'll figure out some way to prove to you my status as a retired Navy O-5 surface warfare officer and you can write me a big check. WHy would you have a problem with that? If you don't want to man up, then show a modicum of class and stop insulting your superiors.
Uh, excuse me but, you're a civilian now. You are not ANYBODY'S superior.

Man, you officers sure are full of yourselves. Even in retirement you falsely believe your shit doesn't stink.

He's full of shit WJ....he chooses to say I'm insulting his service but he does that to garner sympthy from other vets who see things his way...all I have to say is the cream always rises to the top. Excuses don't cut it in my book.

Asshole!!

You just made me choke on my damned coffee!!!

Coming from someone that thinks bipartisanship is locking the door, that's fucking hilarious!!!
:lol:

I am all for bipartisan solutions... it seems that the other side is not so interested.

I remember, now, why I took such joy in banging my Cmdr's barmaid wife while in Norfolk.
:eusa_whistle:

Was she from PI?

maybe those weren't the issues to harp on because they aren't issues that would ever be appealing across the aisle.

'tort reform' is bogus. it's a gift to the insurance companies since a) only about 2% of insurance company revenues are spent on malpractice claims; and b) there are already mechanisms to assure that frivolous cases don't go forward includng the cost (approximately $50,000 to try a med mal case) and merit panels that have to approve claims before they can go forward in court.

as for crossing state lines, that, too, would have been a gift to insurance companies since we would have ended up with a situation where insurance companies simply incorporated in the state with the least regulation -- like banks do now with delaware and north dakota.

and try getting coverage from a company without participating providers in your state.

those 'ideas' were simply wrong.

maybe those weren't the issues to harp on because they aren't issues that would ever be appealing across the aisle.

How many aisles are there? Republicans brought forth ideas and were locked out of the meetings! How could Republican ideas be unappealing to them? They put them out there.

I remember, now, why I took such joy in banging my Cmdr's barmaid wife while in Norfolk.
:eusa_whistle:

Was she from PI?

Uh-oh.......
ummm.......err......You really couldn't tell by looking at her. She dyed her hair blond......

Don't ask me her name, though :eusa_eh:

:lol:
I met some like that in the Trophy Lounge and The Westerner in National City back in the days of West Pac widows (1980-1990) Man...what a great time to be in the Navy...Reagan was President...Pattaya was just the right size...you actually needed a DUI and rehab on your record to make Chief Petty Officer...:lol:

How many aisles are there? Republicans brought forth ideas and were locked out of the meetings! How could Republican ideas be unappealing to them? They put them out there.

because they were re-hashed ideas that had no merit.

should dems have done things that are harmful just to appease extremists?

the repubs even voted against their own plans. so why kid yoruself that there would have been any repub support?

and even if there was, you're basically saying that to get support, the dems had to become republicans.

don't you think that's unreasonable?

and again... it would have been brilliant of Obama if he could have talked Sestak into becoming SecNav instead of running for the senate... you yourself acknowledge he is preeminently qualified for the job.

Oh, and I did not have command at sea, but did have command ashore. and I retired as a commander. You are aware that that is a rank and not merely a job title? :cuckoo:

and if you DOUBT me and want to persist in insulting my service, why don't you man up and make some sort of potent wager so that I can fax you a copy of my ID card and you can send me a large check. How would that be?

You, sir are, and never were, "superior" to anyone. At best you held a higher rank, but that counts for nothing now, and it especially counts for nothing on a message board. The very fact that you feel the need to invoke your former rank as a means to acquire respect speaks volumes.

I, like many, thank you for your service. But service alone does not make you better than anyone else just as rank does not make you superior.

Forum List

Back