Obama: IRS behavior inexcusable and americans right to be angry

Yeah, I pity the "poor, low-level" employee who took it upon him/herself to illegally undertake these actions. His/her goose is cooked.

So the "Acting Commisioner" resigned. Wow!! That's HUGE news!! Why wasn't he fired?

Now, who is going to jail for abuse of power? Answer: No one.

It didn't actually happen on the acting commissioner's watch.
If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, the Acting Commissioner was over the division that was responsible for the offenses when they were committed. He was promoted to Acting Commissioner after the Bush appointee's term expired.

And, whomever said the Acting Commissioner was fired, being allowed to resign is not being fired. They have different consequences.

how they can state it was 2 rogue employees when the IG report itself shows the memos released with the criteria came from heads within the IRS divisions, how some apps were even sent up to DC, etc.

President Obama's press conference fit his template.

What happened is outrageous.

I will get to the bottom of it.

Those responsible will be held accountable.

I'll make sure it never happens again.

By the way, Mr. President, what happened had been complained about by Conservative groups since the beginning. There was absolutely no excuse for the President, Secretary of Treasury, and IRS Commissioner to have been as ignorant of the scandal as they're claiming to be today.

great...you're on record that a mistake is a lie

thus, obama lied about benghazi.

good one :lol:

Actually, I'm just trying to fit in with the RW definition of "Mistake = Lie"....I notice you picked right up on that. :D

sure...you got busted and now pretend you were kidding

you messed up

admit it and move on

Pay attention, little boy, I've been doing the "mistake = lie" schtick on posters for the last two days. You're just the latest easy mark. :rofl:

By the way, Mr. President, what happened had been complained about by Conservative groups since the beginning. There was absolutely no excuse for the President, Secretary of Treasury, and IRS Commissioner to have been as ignorant of the scandal as they're claiming to be today.

Bitch if he says he'll get to the bottom. Bitch if he doesn't say he'll get to the bottom.

:D

Actually, I'm just trying to fit in with the RW definition of "Mistake = Lie"....I notice you picked right up on that. :D

you messed up

admit it and move on

Pay attention, little boy, I've been doing the "mistake = lie" schtick on posters for the last two days. You're just the latest easy mark. :rofl:

then you're not very bright. because obama did in fact lie about benghazi. it was the cover up. blaming the producer was not the truth. and he knew it.

your lame attempt at a gotcha falls so flat it is embarrassing.

Yeah, I pity the "poor, low-level" employee who took it upon him/herself to illegally undertake these actions. His/her goose is cooked.

So the "Acting Commisioner" resigned. Wow!! That's HUGE news!! Why wasn't he fired?

If I'm not mistaken, and I could be, the Acting Commissioner was over the division that was responsible for the offenses when they were committed. He was promoted to Acting Commissioner after the Bush appointee's term expired.

And, whomever said the Acting Commissioner was fired, being allowed to resign is not being fired. They have different consequences.

semantics...he was fired

Bitch if he says he'll get to the bottom. Bitch if he doesn't say he'll get to the bottom.

:D

the problem is it was repeatedly reported there was a problem yet he never ordered anyone to get to the bottom of it for over 2 years.

The IG only started its investigation after -

Back on March 23, 2010, the day after Shulman testified, Mark Levin, president of the Landmark Legal Foundation, wrote to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration calling for an investigation of IRS misconduct in its treatment of Tea Party organizations.

“Recent media reports indicate that the EO Division is using inappropriate and intimidating investigation tactics in the administration of applications for exempt status submitted by organizations associated with the Tea Party movement,” Levin wrote to the IG.

“Landmark Legal Foundation respectfully requests an immediate and thorough investigation to determine whether IRS employees are acting improperly in the evaluation of exempt status applications,” wrote Levin. “This investigation also must determine whether the relevant IRS employees are acting at the direction of politically motivated superiors.”

Three months after Landmark Legal requested the IG investigation, House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa (R.-Calif.) and Oversight Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs Chairman Jim Jordan (R.-Ohio) sent a letter to the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration also requesting an investigation.

Today, Issa released a July 11, 2012 letter from the inspector general stating that his office “recently began work on the issue.” An IG audit is currently underway.

Ways and Means to IRS: ?Provide All Communications Containing Words ?Tea Party,? ?Patriot,? or ?Conservative??By Wednesday | CNS News

semantics...he was fired
Not according to him.

[I'm too new to post links so you'll have to find the MailOnline article that shows the disparate understandings, between the President and the employee, over his departure.

"Steven Miller is ousted but writes face-saving email announcing departure when his 'assignment ends in early June.'"

And that is why you FIRE people when they deserve to be FIRED.

He was fired.

Um NO, he resigned EFFECTIVE IN TWO WEEKS. Does that sound like "FIRED" to you?

The only job I was ever fired from, was from a "Burger Chef" in 1964. The Manager told me to "Get the Hell out and never come back" - That was FIRED.

Does this sound like "fired" to you??

In a resignation letter obtained by CNN, Miller said that he would not be leaving the agency immediately in order to facilitate a transition.

Last edited:
yep, he had the title of 'acting' commissioner in which he term expires on June 1. Just when he is leaving. It was a temporary assignment.

you messed up

admit it and move on

then you're not very bright. because obama did in fact lie about benghazi. it was the cover up. blaming the producer was not the truth. and he knew it.

Nope...he did not. Thanks for playing.

are you seriously that blind in your partisanship? Must be miserable to have to keep it up for appearances.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts!!

ZERO lied at least 8 days after the eleventh.... He knew the the movie played NO ROLE in Benghazi.

are you seriously that blind in your partisanship? Must be miserable to have to keep it up for appearances.

A mistake, a rush to initial judgement on what caused the Benghazi attack is not a LIE. Sorry,...it isn't, no matter how much you guys want it to be.

obama knew, he lied

plus boedicca thinks a mistake is a lie, thus, according to her, obama, at a minimum, lied

Well then, it's settled.

If only Susan Rice and Hillary Clinton had talked to you before spending weeks spreading the lie the Benghazi attack was a protest gone violent.

One would think President Obama could have picked up the phone and called them when he heard they were spreading a lie.

the guy was forced out of his job

even liberal SF admits this is akin to firing

Forum List

Back