Obama Judge Helps Drug Companies Gouge Consumers

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Yesterday, a federal judge appointed by Barrack Obama, Amit Mehta, struck down a consumer favorable ruling put in place by President Trump, to require big drug companies to reveal their prices (often exhorbitant), in TV ads.
The law was set to go into effect just hours before the judge lowered the boom and canceled the rule (for now), keeping the drug companies fully in power to allow their products to be used by only the rich, who could afford the insanely high prices.
The White House initiative would have given poor and working class Americans a much better shot at getting these prescription drugs that they need, by putting pressure on the drug companies to lower their prices.
Oh sure, the judge came up with something to justify his case, a 27 page report no less, but these guys always do. At the end of the day, it's just another slam against the Trump administration, and an attempt to keep it from getting the credit that they would deserve, especially as we get closer to the 2020 election.
This one might backfire on the Democrats. So much for the idea that Democrats are the champions of the poor and working class, and are ready to go to battle against the rich. Here's a case where an Obama appointee is protecting big rich drug companies, against a Trump initiative that would have helped the poor, and everyone else.
AARP vice president Nancy LeaMond backed trump, and slammed the judge saying "Today's ruling is a step backward in the battle against skyrocketing drug prices."

Judge strikes down rule requiring drug ads to reveal prices

Liberals are hiding on this one. C'mon liberals admit it. Trump did good. Your guy did bad.

Yesterday, a federal judge appointed by Barrack Obama, Amit Mehta, struck down a consumer favorable ruling put in place by President Trump, to require big drug companies to reveal their prices (often exhorbitant), in TV ads.
The law was set to go into effect just hours before the judge lowered the boom and canceled the rule (for now), keeping the drug companies fully in power to allow their products to be used by only the rich, who could afford the insanely high prices.
The White House initiative would have given poor and working class Americans a much better shot at getting these prescription drugs that they need, by putting pressure on the drug companies to lower their prices.
Oh sure, the judge came up with something to justify his case, a 27 page report no less, but these guys always do. At the end of the day, it's just another slam against the Trump administration, and an attempt to keep it from getting the credit that they would deserve, especially as we get closer to the 2020 election.
This one might backfire on the Democrats. So much for the idea that Democrats are the champions of the poor and working class, and are ready to go to battle against the rich. Here's a case where an Obama appointee is protecting big rich drug companies, against a Trump initiative that would have helped the poor, and everyone else.
AARP vice president Nancy LeaMond backed trump, and slammed the judge saying "Today's ruling is a step backward in the battle against skyrocketing drug prices."

Judge strikes down rule requiring drug ads to reveal prices

Are you so stupid you cannot find the retail price of a drug on the internet? You must be tied to USMB and no nothing else.

Are you so stupid you cannot find the retail price of a drug on the internet? You must be tied to USMB and no nothing else.
I am a US Army veteran with a service-connected disability, and an honorable discharge,. I get many drugs and vitamins from the VA. All free.

I am a US Army veteran with a service-connected disability, and an honorable discharge,. I get many drugs and vitamins from the VA. All free.

Then why the hell do you care if they can't put their prices in ads?

I could see it now a normally 30 second ad spot turns into 15 minutes, our 1 mg of this drug is this, the 2mg is this and so on and then the disclaimers that if you take the 50mg of this drug your penis may fall off or vagina rot.

Then why the hell do you care if they can't put their prices in ads?
For myself, I don't really care, but I care about more than just myself.

Secondly, the OP is a revelation of yet another attempt by the left to cover up good things being done by Trump, while the Obama Democrat is the bad guy.

You know what an ad could say after all the disclaimers and what not is "Prices range from $ to $ depending on strength and dosage".

Forum List

Back