Obama Sends 300 Troops To Iraq. Why?

The Rabbi

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2009
Nashville
What is Obama's strategy for Iraq? What is 300 troops going to do? Didnt he promise no boots on the ground?
This is typical for Obama. Dither, split the difference, avoid decisive action. Keep all options open. Fail to disclose an overall goal that is consistent and unchanging. This is why our Afghanistan surge was a failure. And about every other foreign policy he's undertaken.

only reasonable explanation I've heard is he is going to try to destroy the embassy

When obama sends troops, they aren't really troops. They are unarmed advisors. Maybe they can put on another draq queen beauty contest and dance.

He has been proven to be an idiot with ISIS taking over parts of Iraq, but he doesn't want to totally give in on his "promises" to his idiot supporters......so he is going 1/16th "in."

Last edited:
What is Obama's strategy for Iraq? What is 300 troops going to do? Didnt he promise no boots on the ground?
This is typical for Obama. Dither, split the difference, avoid decisive action. Keep all options open. Fail to disclose an overall goal that is consistent and unchanging. This is why our Afghanistan surge was a failure. And about every other foreign policy he's undertaken.

You didn't listen to his news conference, did you? Now if McCain or Romney or one of your GOP hero loons had to decide, they would send a couple thousand troops in...not to mention carpet bomb to entire northern section of the country, which fell prey to a president who was a recovering alcoholic.

He has been proven to be an idiot with ISIS taking over parts of Iraq, but he doesn't want to totally given in on his "promises" to his idiot supporters......so he is going 1/16th "in."

I don't know. I think there is more here than meets the eye.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are in a global conflict within the next few weeks. I hope that's not the case, but we appear to be heading down on that track, and keep in mind I am horrible with timing.

You didn't listen to his news conference, did you? Now if McCain or Romney or one of your GOP hero loons had to decide, they would send a couple thousand troops in...not to mention carpet bomb to entire northern section of the country, which fell prey to a president who was a recovering alcoholic.

A couple thousand at least makes a little more sense than 300.

Then again, he could be sending Leonidas to lead them.

only reasonable explanation I've heard is he is going to try to destroy the embassy
And a very expensive Embassy: ($750M)...

The Most Decadent Images From The $750 Million US Embassy In Baghdad - Business Insider

Which begs the question "What is there that we spent so much money on?" And a follow up questions "Do we want the terrorists to get this?"
No, and another question..."Why do those that fought there now feel like their work was in vain"? Wasted blood and treasure...

He has been proven to be an idiot with ISIS taking over parts of Iraq, but he doesn't want to totally given in on his "promises" to his idiot supporters......so he is going 1/16th "in."

I don't know. I think there is more here than meets the eye.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are in a global conflict within the next few weeks. I hope that's not the case, but we appear to be heading down on that track, and keep in mind I am horrible with timing.

Global conflict against whom?

What's happening in the Middle East..and Europe is a result of the "Bush Doctrine".

Both were foretold.

obama has no plan. He thinks that Maliki should come up with a strategy. The idea is that ISIS can be prevented from taking Baghdad until such time as there is an inclusive government. That neither side in the Shia - Sunni conflict wants an inclusive government has completely escaped him.

Forum List

Back