Obama: serious consequences for russia if they grant asylum

Yurt

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2004
National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden left the transit zone of a Moscow airport and officially entered Russia after authorities granted him asylum for a year, his lawyer said Thursday, a move that suggests the Kremlin isn't shying away from further conflict with the United States.

Snowden leaves airport after Russia grants asylum

Yeah serious consequences. Obama won't meet with Putin next time around. Maybe he'll say a bad word to him.
The Syrians heard there would be serious consequences if they used chemical weapons. They did. There were no consequences.
The North Koreans heard there would be serious consequences if they tested a nuke. They did. There were no consequences.
Putin has taken the measure of the man and knows he is a wimp. A lightweight. An unserious poseur uncomfortable with making bold decisions. Why is ex KGB head Vladimir Putin smarter than the American electorate?

Russia just sent a warship to Cuba just to put Obama's ass in check.

I am so happy that Russia gave Snowden asylum. I knew they would, that was never in doubt despite all the window dressing and deliberately created misinformation.

A Russian lawyer said he had handed Snowden a document from Russia which enabled him to leave the airport for a safe location which would remain secret, and that he could now work and travel freely in the country of 142 million.

State television also showed a picture of him getting into a grey car at the airport driven by a young man in a baseball cap. Snowden wore a backpack and a blue button-up shirt.

"He is the most wanted man on planet Earth," Snowden's lawyer, Anatoly Kucherena, told Reuters. "He has to think about his personal security. I cannot tell you where he is going."

"He can live wherever he wants in Russia. It's his personal choice," he said.

Fugitive Snowden granted a year's asylum in Russia, leaves airport | Reuters

By the time this year is over, he will be a Russian Citizen.

Oh happy happy day. Putin sticks it in Obama's eye one more time.

National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden left the transit zone of a Moscow airport and officially entered Russia after authorities granted him asylum for a year, his lawyer said Thursday, a move that suggests the Kremlin isn't shying away from further conflict with the United States.

Maybe Snowden was a setup to lay the grounds for a very profitable war down the road?

Just goes to show that Obama garners no respect around the world. I imagine they see him as a weak president and doesn't deserve the respect. :eusa_eh:

What is the boiking going to do; hold his breath until he turns blue?

What a clown Obama is.

Gay men might be flamboyant and fabulous - but Obama ain't going to intimidate anyone....

I never thought I'd live to see the day that I'd take a former KGB bad boy over the likes of a corporate puppet. Putin makes Obama look like the ridiculous buffoon he is at every opportunity.

This thread is evidence of the far Right loonies cheering for the Russians and someone who spilled government secrets, breaking the law.

This thread is evidence of the far Right loonies cheering for the Russians and someone who spilled government secrets, breaking the law.

They had what they think he knew in his first 48 hours at the airport in Moscow.....they boy had no idea what they ran on him.....or did he? Let em have him.....our traitor today, theirs tomorrow...wonder how you say "trojan horse" in roooshin? :doubt:

Last edited:
The law broken was the law concealing the regime's criminal conduct. It should be broken. It should never have existed in the first place.

Not to mention the personal satisfaction from seeing a man like Putin stick it to a worm like obama.

The law broken was the law concealing the regime's criminal conduct. It should be broken. It should never have existed in the first place.

Not to mention the personal satisfaction from seeing a man like Putin stick it to a worm like obama.

Don't get your panties wet over Putin....he's a first-class asshole who's sending his bombers to fail-safe against our bases in Alaska and Japan and recently had a submarine discovered in the Gulf of Mexico. He might have embarrassed Barry but like it or not, Barry is our leader so Putin just pissed on all our shoes.

It's all political rhetoric from both sides. Putin has already said Snowden must stop releasing information that would harm US/Russian relations for a chance at asylum. Obama will have a few harsh words for Putin, and in the end will do nothing. Years down the road Snowden will be forgotten, and Americans will have accepted government spying as the new normal from "big brother", the same way they did the Patriot Act years earlier. Neither Obama or Putin are the pussies. The American voting public is.

They had what they think he knew in his first 48 hours at the airport in Moscow.....they boy had no idea what they ran on him.....or did he? Let em have him.....our traitor today, theirs tomorrow...wonder how you say "trojan horse" in roooshin? :doubt:

Hardly a traitor. You sound like Diane Feinstein when you speak this way and that is no compliment but I suppose your type is perfectly OK living in a police state as long as your virtually non-existent boogie men are kept in check. Note to dumb ass, YOU ARE the U.S. government's boogie man, we all are.

That man did this country as service I find it pathetic that any so called "American" doesn't have the intelligence to see it. Baaa, baaa. Useless sheep.

I never thought I'd live to see the day that I'd take a former KGB bad boy over the likes of a corporate puppet. Putin makes Obama look like the ridiculous buffoon he is at every opportunity.

When given the choice between two Commies - in this case Putin and Obama - I'll take Putin any time.

Forum List

Back