Obama still a smoker

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
and he admits it. but what the hell. he has free Healthcare paid for by you. if he gets cancer they'll do everything to keep his ass alive. and what do you get????

First Posted: 06-23-09 02:55 PM | Updated: 06-23-09 05:01 PM

OBAMA: Well, first of all the new law that was put in place is not about me, it's about the next generation of kids coming up. So I think it's fair, Margaret, to just say that you just think it's neat to ask me about my smoking as opposed to if -- being relevant to my new law. But that's fine. I understand. It's an interesting human interest story. Look. I've said before that as a former smoker, I constantly struggle with it. Have I fallen off the wagon sometimes? Yes. Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No. I don't do it in front of my kids. I don't do it in front of my family. You know, I would say that I am 95 percent cured, but there are times where -- there are times when I mess up. And I've said this before. I get this question about once every month or so. And I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that, you know, like folks who go to AA, you know, once you've gone down this path, then it's something you continually struggle with. Which is precisely why the legislation we signed was so important. Because what we don't want is kids going down that path in the first place. Okay?

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/23/obamas-smoking-questioned_n_219707.html"]source[/URL]

some role model. ok kids lite up !!!!!!

Paging the surgeon general! President Barack Obama artfully dodged a nicotine-related question from CNN's Anderson Cooper during an interview at the White House on Tuesday, leaving us to wonder whether he has been smoke-free since assuming the presidency.

Cooper's question: "Have you had a cigarette since you've been to the White House?"

The president's answer: "No, I haven't had one on these grounds."

"OK, you said on these grounds," Cooper noted. "I'll let you pass on that."

Obama smiled brightly but did not elaborate.
[URL="http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-0205-ft-barack-obamafeb05,0,3944940.story"]link[/URL]

Give it a rest... Smoking cigarettes is the "least" harmful thing Obama can do to us as a nation.:lol:

Do you think the President of the United States is the only person kids see smoking cigarettes? We're digging deep to make this arguement. Besides that, just how many kids do you think see the President smoking cigarettes? I've only seen our "beloved" (sic) President once smoking on tv in any of his coverage. Do I think Obama is a good role model for kids. Absolutely not. But I still say smoking cigarettes is the least of his evils.

Do you think the President of the United States is the only person kids see smoking cigarettes? We're digging deep to make this arguement. Besides that, just how many kids do you think see the President smoking cigarettes? I've only seen our "beloved" (sic) President once smoking on tv in any of his coverage. Do I think Obama is a good role model for kids. Absolutely not. But I still say smoking cigarettes is the least of his evils.

so you think deathcare is the least of his evils. with billions trillions at stake and lives as well.

I wonder if the cigarette companies send him freebies, and another thing I wonder if the cigar smoking congress get lots of their goodies too

They are all up on regulating, maybe they need to be the ones regulated

Freaking hypocrits

Colorful ads and store displays will be replaced by black-and-white-only text. Beginning next year, all outdoor advertising of tobacco within 1,000 feet of schools and playgrounds would be illegal.

Using children as human shields? Yeah they do, in almost everything they regulate

As of April 2010 all cigarette packaging will be black and while

Also they have banned flavored cigarettes like djarum blacks, (a clove cigarette) and others, as of 9-22-09

They are taxing the hell out of smokers. It is their choice to smoke.

It is all tied into the healthscare scam, and our freedom to choose to do what the Constitution lays out, is under attack.

and he admits it. but what the hell. he has free Healthcare paid for by you. if he gets cancer they'll do everything to keep his ass alive. and what do you get????

OBAMA: Well, first of all the new law that was put in place is not about me, it's about the next generation of kids coming up. So I think it's fair, Margaret, to just say that you just think it's neat to ask me about my smoking as opposed to if -- being relevant to my new law. But that's fine. I understand. It's an interesting human interest story. Look. I've said before that as a former smoker, I constantly struggle with it. Have I fallen off the wagon sometimes? Yes. Am I a daily smoker, a constant smoker? No. I don't do it in front of my kids. I don't do it in front of my family. You know, I would say that I am 95 percent cured, but there are times where -- there are times when I mess up. And I've said this before. I get this question about once every month or so. And I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that, you know, like folks who go to AA, you know, once you've gone down this path, then it's something you continually struggle with. Which is precisely why the legislation we signed was so important. Because what we don't want is kids going down that path in the first place. Okay?

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/23/obamas-smoking-questioned_n_219707.html"]source[/URL]

Paging the surgeon general! President Barack Obama artfully dodged a nicotine-related question from CNN's Anderson Cooper during an interview at the White House on Tuesday, leaving us to wonder whether he has been smoke-free since assuming the presidency.

Cooper's question: "Have you had a cigarette since you've been to the White House?"

[URL="http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-0205-ft-barack-obamafeb05,0,3944940.story"]link[/URL]

And....?

He does get a nice paycheck to pay the excess tax also on his smokies so no biggy for him.

The fact Obama still smokes just goes to show how addictive that smoking can be. Though lets be honest, if you were the POTUS and weren't a smoker I think that would probably be a good time to start.

Talk about a stressful job. :eusa_eh:

So what if he smokes. At least he knows and understands where smokers come from when they bitch about the penalty tax on their habit.

He's on record as trying to quit. Is that not a good example?

Obama still smokes?

Who the hell cares? Seriously.

Unless you've smoked for a looooooooooong time, you don't know how hard it is to quit. I smoked for 27 years before I quit 9 months ago. In that 9 months, I STILL caved twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

so you think deathcare is the least of his evils. with billions trillions at stake and lives as well.

You didn't say anything about "deathcare" in your original Obama posting. I think "deathcare" if it's passed will ruin our country - unless they can manage to do that before they pass this stupid expensive bill. Thought we were talking about Obama smoking. At least when he smokes he has something in his mouth and has to shut up at least long enough to inhale.

Last edited:
Can't tell you how many times I've quit. I quit counting. And having been through the cravings, let me tell you I do NOT want anybody with a jones and their finger on the big red button at the same time.

The fact Obama still smokes just goes to show how addictive that smoking can be. Though lets be honest, if you were the POTUS and weren't a smoker I think that would probably be a good time to start.

Talk about a stressful job. :eusa_eh:

i forgot. you don't like me calling him Osama do you????

[youtube]3YaRpx3LphI[/youtube]

Obama still smokes?

Who the hell cares? Seriously.

Unless you've smoked for a looooooooooong time, you don't know how hard it is to quit. I smoked for 27 years before I quit 9 months ago. In that 9 months, I STILL caved twice.

The only thing worse than being around an "ex-smoker" if you smoke is an "ex-drinker" if you drink. Most of them feel it is their "duty" to educate you about smoking when really it's none of their damned business.

Forum List

Back