Obama to Announce Supreme Court Nominee at 11 a.m. Today

Republicans are following the "Biden Rule". No hearings held during the election season. Makes sense to me.

No we're not.

The "Biden Rule", a statement made in JUNE was that hearings and confirmation should occur after the November elections, not that the Senate wouldn't do it's job and would stall until the next President.

If there was a GOP President in office right now the GOP Leadership in the Senate would be falling all over themselves to ensure the confirmation process proceeded with the current President and not saying they should wait almost a year for the next President.

>>>>

This is not even debatable. The Republican Senate is doing exactly what a Democratic Senate would do. Obama, Biden and every democrat complaining knows they would do the same thing.

Republicans are following the "Biden Rule". No hearings held during the election season. Makes sense to me.

No we're not.

The "Biden Rule", a statement made in JUNE was that hearings and confirmation should occur after the November elections, not that the Senate wouldn't do it's job and would stall until the next President.

If there was a GOP President in office right now the GOP Leadership in the Senate would be falling all over themselves to ensure the confirmation process proceeded with the current President and not saying they should wait almost a year for the next President.

>>>>

it will be after the November elections

in November if a demtard is elected

or

much later in January if a Republican is elected

No we're not.

>>>>

it will be after the November elections

in November if a demtard is elected

or

much later in January if a Republican is elected

Game, Set, Match right there.

it is called the Biden rule

--LOL

deal with it

the guy is a far left crank

he is not going to get the nod from Congress

So your saying that the Senate should hold hearings and a confirmation vote, just wait until after the November elections since that is what Biden said.

Right?

>>>>

nothing says the have to do that

Wait, I thought you were supporting what Biden said?

>>>>

it is show me how that is not waiting until after the November election idiot

Obama will be denied a hearing on his SCOTUS nomination, period. The lawless punk hasn't earned any favors from the GOP senate.
There is no favor required to be earned. The Senate has a Constitutional requirement to fulfill. If Grassley and McConnell don't do their required duties under the Constitution and defiantly refuse to carryout their sworn responsibilities, then they should be impeached, tried and thrown out of the office of trust they hold.

If Obama is lawless as you and others so vehemently affirm, then why the Hell haven't the House and Senate done the same to him? Again, they're not carrying out their Constitutional responsibilities.

Your bitching about one and not about the other smacks of bloody partisan hypocrisy!
Apparently you are refusing to read what the Constitution says.
Biden read it.
]
Again Mr. Know-It-All, a second read for you. You really shouldn't let your big mouth overload your fat ass, sport!!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Remarks by Joe Biden in 1992 have somehow mystically and magically become law, USSC precedent and/or a Senate Rule? Can you cite the Title, Chapter and Section in the US Code where that is codified or became law and legal precedent by citing the SCOTUS case in which that was established OR the Senate Rule? No, you can't because you are in gross error and being a GOP lemming parroting the party line from The Minders!

You also assert that the, "The Constitution clearly states the Senate the has the last word on any SCJ nomination...." It is the President who actually has the last word regarding SCOTUS by actually making the appointment with the Senate in an intermediate role with only the power to give advice and to consent or withhold their consent through the Constitutional process in Article II, § 2, Clause 2, your errors notwithstanding!

The "advice and consent" clause is a de facto check and balance on the process as conceived by the Framers of the Constitution, and was not envisioned to be used as political tool so one corrupt faction can dominate and run the clock until a more favorable time, betting on the come!

Saying the President has the "last word" in appointing a SCJ AFTER the Senate gives it's consent is like claiming you can drive your mommy's car anytime you want to AFTER your mommy hands you the car keys.
Wise up asshole.
The Senators are elected and as BONOBO always says: "Elections have consequences" right?
Learn what the Constitution has to say at Article 2, § 2, Cls. 2. shit for brains! The President is not bound to the appointment by the confirmation after the consent of the Senate, dipstick! That cannot be found in the Constitution, ya fucking IDIOT! Here I'll help you out because I doubt you can find your ass with either hand. Pay attention to the BOLDFACE TEXT, 'Kay? look for it...here it comes...

"He [the President] shall have power, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, to make treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, judges of the Supreme Court..." [Emphasis Added] < Article 2, § 2, Cls. 2 >

You were wrong but thought you were right and now any half-wit asshole can see that you persist in being wrong because you are too fucking stupid to do due diligence. Now who has the last word in the nomination and the appointment process regarding a rookie Supreme? DAMN!

Last edited:

--LOL

deal with it

So your saying that the Senate should hold hearings and a confirmation vote, just wait until after the November elections since that is what Biden said.

Right?

>>>>

>>>>

The next President is not seated until January.

Biden said to hold confirmation after the November electoins.

Holding hearings between after the first week in November and not holding hearings until after January are not the same thing.

You don't realize this and you call me an idiot? :eusa_boohoo:

>>>>

This should be rich.
Lemme guess - a fucking Liberal bull-dyke with a dyke spike, a gut, and an attitude. Of course, she'll have military experience. That'll be the big highlight. She spent four years munching carpet in the barracks at some Air Farce base, bringing hard-working servicemen up on charges of "sexual assault."

Polock once again demonstrating that
  1. He is a flaming partisan bigot
  2. and is as usual a total idiot who is completely wrong again.

--LOL

deal with it

Right?

>>>>

>>>>

Biden said to hold confirmation after the November electoins.

Holding hearings between after the first week in November and not holding hearings until after January are not the same thing.

You don't realize this and you call me an idiot? :eusa_boohoo:

>>>>

so what according to my figures it is still after the November elections idiot

No we're not.

>>>>

This is not even debatable. The Republican Senate is doing exactly what a Democratic Senate would do. Obama, Biden and every democrat complaining knows they would do the same thing.
No they are not

A democratic Senate has never waited over a year to confirm a Supreme Court nominee

A Democratic Senate has never refused to hold confirmation hearings

No we're not.

>>>>

No they are not

A democratic Senate has never waited over a year to confirm a Supreme Court nominee

A Democratic Senate has never refused to hold confirmation hearings

You're either a liar or in major denial. Not even debatable.

Forum List

Back