Obama to seek congress approval

Regardless of whether you support a strike on syria or not, this whole situation dating back from when the civil war started until now has exposed obama as being completely inept and unable to make decisions.

The War Powers Act gives him the ability to order strikes without congressional support, and syria's obvious and well-known War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity, let alone its violations of the Human Rights and Prisoners treaty, is more than sufficient cause to attack and depose the regime - if obama had the backbone and fortitude to be able to make decisions.

By standing around twiddling his thumbs for 2 years while massacre after massacre occurred at the hands of the assad regime, then declaring a full year ago his chem weapons "redline" - and doing again nothing after multiple instances of regime chem weapons use, and now declaring again he would punish assad, but instead, turned around and handed the ball off to congress, he has shown he has zero convictions and less leadership skills.

All those who voted for him, and cheered him on at rallies in places like germany, should feel quite proud today - you've basically laid the groundwork for WW3, congratulations.

it looks like Assad didn't order the use of the weapons, so any attack on Assad would be misdirected.
except it looks like you are wrong

That is what you get for listening to Kerry instead of reading.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/310484-no-slam-dunk.html

The interesting thing is how careful Obama was to not say that Assad had ordered the strikes today.
And how Obama dismissed the United Nations...

"And nearly eight in ten of those questioned in the survey released Friday morning say President Barack Obama should be required to get Congressional approval before launching any military attack against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

And this is the issue we are discussing in this topic. So, a majority of Americans want Congressional approval, and Obama folds to that demand.

"Since 1973, the United States has used military force in Grenada in 1983, Panama in 1989, Iraq in 1991, Haiti in 1994 and Kosovo in 1999. In all those instances, presidents - both Democrats and Republicans - sidestepped Congress and committed U.S. military forces without obtaining Congressional approval."

From: Poll: Half oppose military action against Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Stating, "Obama folds to that demand" says so much more about your character than it does about The President of the United States.

Obama has heard from other nations, members of Congress (both parties), the talking heads on TV and the American people, and he listened [A character trait all Presidents ought to have). Seems to me that shows the man's character, as do the comments by you and others who would condemn him, no matter what he said or did.

I respect your opinion, Wry Catcher. I have been here long enough, you know I'm no right wing hack. Don't treat me like one.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

The reactionaries will find fault in this, too.

LOL, no doubt! It truly demonstrates their hypocrisy and their tendency to be hateful ASSHOLES. Weren't many of them hooting that he should get approval from Congress before he does anything? Now that he did it, they still try to act like there's something wrong with doing what they were suggesting. What a JOKE these so-called "patriots" are! :lol:

actually no and there are still folks who don't think he needs congress, and hypocrisy goes, theres enough for everyone, and, considering all of the back history with this type of thing, :eusa_think:...shooting your mouth off like a clown, what are you, 12?

"And nearly eight in ten of those questioned in the survey released Friday morning say President Barack Obama should be required to get Congressional approval before launching any military attack against the forces of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."

And this is the issue we are discussing in this topic. So, a majority of Americans want Congressional approval, and Obama folds to that demand.

"Since 1973, the United States has used military force in Grenada in 1983, Panama in 1989, Iraq in 1991, Haiti in 1994 and Kosovo in 1999. In all those instances, presidents - both Democrats and Republicans - sidestepped Congress and committed U.S. military forces without obtaining Congressional approval."

From: Poll: Half oppose military action against Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Stating, "Obama folds to that demand" says so much more about your character than it does about The President of the United States.

Obama has heard from other nations, members of Congress (both parties), the talking heads on TV and the American people, and he listened [A character trait all Presidents ought to have). Seems to me that shows the man's character, as do the comments by you and others who would condemn him, no matter what he said or did.

you really should not delve into something you know nothing about, a simple spoon feeding from the media doesn't cut it, pick up a book, read some history... theres something called the war powers act, any exec. can act up to a certain time limit, 60 days, there after congress needs to be involved ....now you know.

except it looks like you are wrong

That is what you get for listening to Kerry instead of reading.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/310484-no-slam-dunk.html

The interesting thing is how careful Obama was to not say that Assad had ordered the strikes today.
And how Obama dismissed the United Nations...

when bush supposedly dissed them, or appointed Bolton they were all over him...just more of the same.

The War Powers Act of 1973 clearly empowers the president in situations like this, Trajan, and talking about everyone's hypocrisy is not going to help forward the thread.

Peter King (R) of NY thinks the president is making a mistake in not asserting his authority. King is no more a moderate than are many so called conservatives here . Peter King Says Obama Is 'Abdicating His Responsibility' on Syria | Goppers King Says Obama Is 'Abdicating His Responsibility' on Syria Rep. Peter T. King accused President Barack Obama of "undermining the authority of future presidents" to engage in military action in a ...

If the pres's house party minority leader, however, says 'wait for Congress', then that is the right thing to do, in my opinion.

LOL, no doubt! It truly demonstrates their hypocrisy and their tendency to be hateful ASSHOLES. Weren't many of them hooting that he should get approval from Congress before he does anything? Now that he did it, they still try to act like there's something wrong with doing what they were suggesting. What a JOKE these so-called "patriots" are! :lol:

actually no and there are still folks who don't think he needs congress, and hypocrisy goes, theres enough for everyone, and, considering all of the back history with this type of thing, :eusa_think:...shooting your mouth off like a clown, what are you, 12?

Are those same folks the ones who are now criticizing him for putting it before Congress? Yes they are, the clowns are the ones who were stating that he "needs to go before Congress" and now that he did it, they try to act like that's suddenly a problem. Those are the idiots and clowns who are shooting their mouths off. I simply made an accurate observation.

WTF are you talking about? They used CW on their own people, and no one is invading them. Do you believe in international law and punishing war crimes or not?

Obama's and Hillary's intentions have been made clear enough for what 2 years now like a giant standing over an ant, but even ants have modes of preservation.

Where the hell did you hear that, dupe? LOL Wanting Assad gone is a long way from invading. You inhabit an alternate, fear mongered Pub dupe universe...

Did you expect Assad to leave voluntarily? :badgrin:

Drawing a line in the sand is a threat and not just "wanting."

Assad has absolute power and makes Khadafi look like a mouse in a cheese factory.

After the U.S. invasions of three straight countries in less than 12 years in one region, it is ok to elicit the likelihood we'll continue with them there.

This one was difficult to read without snickering and feeling bad at the same time.

WE aren't directly affected by SYRIA, so I do Belive Congress needs to be consulted as Obama (under pressure), capitulated to today while in the same breath admonishing the UN...(HE doesn't want to wait for their report that could take a week or two...as they are 'paralyzed' in Obama's words)...

Now what gives him ANY indication that the Congress of the United States will act any quicker to give him power to act?

From ALL indications? The PEOPLE of this nation want NO part of this and want us to get OUT...(Egypt, Behghazi...ENOUGH already)!

I smell legacy building...and the Magnificent narcissist that happens to sit in the WhiteHouse is impatient...I suggest another few rounds of golf for him to think it over.

Somebody opened the Gates of Hell. A Demon named Chemical Warfare came out. His brother Bio is waiting at the gate for permission to exit. A plan to close the gate was rejected. In the next week or so a big group of politicians will decide if they want to close the gate and perhaps come up with a different plan on what to do about the gate. A group of devil worshippers are waiting to see if they can make friends with the Demons and get them to fight on their side. They are planning on how to get to the gate. They hate the people who can close the gate.

The War Powers Act of 1973 clearly empowers the president in situations like this, Trajan, and talking about everyone's hypocrisy is not going to help forward the thread.

Peter King (R) of NY thinks the president is making a mistake in not asserting his authority. King is no more a moderate than are many so called conservatives here . Peter King Says Obama Is 'Abdicating His Responsibility' on Syria | Goppers King Says Obama Is 'Abdicating His Responsibility' on Syria Rep. Peter T. King accused President Barack Obama of "undermining the authority of future presidents" to engage in military action in a ...

If the pres's house party minority leader, however, says 'wait for Congress', then that is the right thing to do, in my opinion.

I know it empowers him, I have been saying that for a week or so....don't tell me what or how to post jake, you of all people..huh?

I know it empowers him, I have been saying that for a week or so....don't tell me what or how to post jake, you of all people..huh?

No one is telling you how to post, Trajan, but clarification has been called for and given.

Last edited:

Are those same folks the ones who are now criticizing him for putting it before Congress? Yes they are, the clowns are the ones who were stating that he "needs to go before Congress" and now that he did it, they try to act like that's suddenly a problem. Those are the idiots and clowns who are shooting their mouths off. I simply made an accurate observation.

and they are?:eusa_eh:

and they are?:eusa_eh:

The thomas's, franks, stepthanies, and tinydancer types that are so uber partisan thwt they routinely pop a knee out..

I dont consider you one of those

Last edited:

No one is telling you how to post, Trajan, but clarification has been called for and given.

yea, you did. I posted the war powers act several times, I don't need you to referee ....move on.

Somebody opened the Gates of Hell. A Demon named Chemical Warfare came out. His brother Bio is waiting at the gate for permission to exit. A plan to close the gate was rejected. In the next week or so a big group of politicians will decide if they want to close the gate and perhaps come up with a different plan on what to do about the gate. A group of devil worshippers are waiting to see if they can make friends with the Demons and get them to fight on their side. They are planning on how to get to the gate. They hate the people who can close the gate.

Or maybe this is the sign of the times and just the type of stuff that happens when the U.S. endlessly wars in the Middle East. Or how WWIII can start? Why continue to march blindly on with these wars to find out?

I think it's a good thing that President Obama took the warnings to forgo coalition mediation and route the choice to the US alone.

As it should be.

imho
And I think the Congress is going to tell him NO resoundingly. From polls I've seen? The people are FED up, and I think another factor to his backtracking in his quest of legacy building...

I don't think Congress can tell him yes or no. I think they can only decide whether to fund the operation. If they don't what will the little boy king with the big ears and empty suit do....:eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back