Obama to seek congress approval

Vlad Putin has to be wetting his jockey shorts laughing so hard at Obama's performance today. And it serves Obama and US right for Obama even being in the position he is...

Obama was NEVER qualified to be where he is.

Bad part? WE the PEOPLE are the butt of Vlad's joke for being so idiotic to vote such an idiot to office.

Can't WAIT for the confrontation at the G20...

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

It is simply a way for him to sidestep his declared "redline", do nothing as usual - and be able to hide behind and blame congress for it.

Another possibility is that he got pressure or decided himself the Russian threat to Saudi Arabia is one that needs to be fully explored, and/or new intelligence shows Russian military reaction to an attack on Syria is now likely, possible, credible, etc.

actually my friends this is one of those moments political junky’s live for, the game is truly afoot.........they are all, all right now calculating the up and downsides…some I thought of;

Vote no

- assad uses gas again, you will be made to look like accessories to murder, Obama will certainly make that case , not quite in those terms if it’s the dems how are instrumental in voting it down - unless it’s the gop that tips the scales , then murderers, if it’s the dems, they will be classified as intent on making sure we didn’t get dragged into a war and there just wasn’t enough evidence, whatcha ya going to do? Right? But make no mistake, he’ll do his damndest to lay it on them if its basically an equal no vote from both parties.

- it is learned that assad did NOT use the gas, the rebels did, congress is a hero( except the yes votes they naturally get hammered as warmongers, the gopers naturally) , Obama, using supreme wisdom and circumspection, hero too.

- Obama attacks anyway, crushing victory in that we get all of the wmd stockpiles, they get back to killing each other using kinetic munitions etc. Obama saves woman and kids form ghastly deaths….

-Obama attacks anyway and its basically ineffectual, assad uses gas again, no real upside here, he’ll be seen as indecisive, ineffectual and the vote may be seen as a smoke screen that cost precious time as it allowed assad to move the gas etc…..he will try and lay it off on congress anyway, blaming them for pressuring him for a vote etc., singling out the gopers who were the loudest.

Vote yes-

-Obama sends in strikes that do little, and assad uses gas again ( and it causes say , Russia to give SA-300 the latest n anti aircraft batteries, to assad or Iran) hes on the spot for flubbing/ mismanaging it . Making them vote, since he had authority anyway, look just like an ass covering move as he will no doubt try and lay blame on congress for saying yes and the ‘fortunes of war’.

-obama attacks, resounding victory, assad wmds eliminated, air force eliminated, rebels attack with renewed vigor…Obama and congress, heros. The no votes get pilloried as nancys…..

imho opinion, the smart play-is Yes.

Either way, they won't do it again, hater dupes.

And- Kerry says we have satellite showing 15 rockets taking off from gov't territory landing in that area, and all hell breaking loose on social media video, AND a recording of 2 military men discussing their fears the CW attack would come out. Sounds like it will come out. Only chumps think they didn't do it.

Syria is a small, poor country with few resources that is a prime candidate to use CW when its existence is threatened by a superpower for no reason. In the end, what other defense do they have?

WTF are you talking about? They used CW on their own people, and no one is invading them. Do you believe in international law and punishing war crimes or not?

Putin makes more sense then does the newly formed Democrat war hawk club. Why in the hell would Assad use CW when he has the rebels surrounded and on the day that the UN inspectors were coming. It makes absolutely no sense. That is why Obama had a change in heart. He doesn't care about congress as he proved with Libya. He knows that Assad didn't use the weapons now he is looking for some face saving hoping the Republicans will bail his sorry ass out with a no vote.

Either way, they won't do it again, hater dupes.

And- Kerry says we have satellite showing 15 rockets taking off from gov't territory landing in that area, and all hell breaking loose on social media video, AND a recording of 2 military men discussing their fears the CW attack would come out. Sounds like it will come out. Only chumps think they didn't do it.

Yeah, and Kerry said he threw his medals over the wall.

Are those same folks the ones who are now criticizing him for putting it before Congress? Yes they are, the clowns are the ones who were stating that he "needs to go before Congress" and now that he did it, they try to act like that's suddenly a problem. Those are the idiots and clowns who are shooting their mouths off. I simply made an accurate observation.

and they are?:eusa_eh:

I know who they are, you know who they are and everybody else on this forum knows who they are. :)

I thought so.....No, I don't know, please enlighten me- who, exactly- ______________

actually my friends this is one of those moments political junky’s live for, the game is truly afoot.........they are all, all right now calculating the up and downsides…some I thought of;

Vote no

- assad uses gas again, you will be made to look like accessories to murder, Obama will certainly make that case , not quite in those terms if it’s the dems how are instrumental in voting it down - unless it’s the gop that tips the scales , then murderers, if it’s the dems, they will be classified as intent on making sure we didn’t get dragged into a war and there just wasn’t enough evidence, whatcha ya going to do? Right? But make no mistake, he’ll do his damndest to lay it on them if its basically an equal no vote from both parties.

- it is learned that assad did NOT use the gas, the rebels did, congress is a hero( except the yes votes they naturally get hammered as warmongers, the gopers naturally) , Obama, using supreme wisdom and circumspection, hero too.

- Obama attacks anyway, crushing victory in that we get all of the wmd stockpiles, they get back to killing each other using kinetic munitions etc. Obama saves woman and kids form ghastly deaths….

-Obama attacks anyway and its basically ineffectual, assad uses gas again, no real upside here, he’ll be seen as indecisive, ineffectual and the vote may be seen as a smoke screen that cost precious time as it allowed assad to move the gas etc…..he will try and lay it off on congress anyway, blaming them for pressuring him for a vote etc., singling out the gopers who were the loudest.

Vote yes-

-Obama sends in strikes that do little, and assad uses gas again ( and it causes say , Russia to give SA-300 the latest n anti aircraft batteries, to assad or Iran) hes on the spot for flubbing/ mismanaging it . Making them vote, since he had authority anyway, look just like an ass covering move as he will no doubt try and lay blame on congress for saying yes and the ‘fortunes of war’.

-obama attacks, resounding victory, assad wmds eliminated, air force eliminated, rebels attack with renewed vigor…Obama and congress, heros. The no votes get pilloried as nancys…..

I guess as long as we kill them without risk to ourselves either alternative is OK.

Vote no

Vote yes-

Hard thoughts/choices...Stay out completely until either side comes after us or our allies then all bets are OFF and the region gets torched.

For the record, I think that he should have condemned the alleged gas attacks, put the issue regarding before the Congress, UN, and NATO way before he started talking about attacking Syria. I'm disappointed that some of his domestic and foreign policy, is very similar to the people in the Republican party who i disagree with. I think the diplomatic route should have been employed first, if the UN decided to make sanctions and strike Syria, let some other country or countries do the work and be the "bad guy".
The difference between me and some of these dolts, is that I don't care what party or president it is, I stand by my beliefs and don't change them because there is a "D" or an "R" in office.

so, you're for erosion of exec. privilege/power? :eusa_eh:
​​bzxh11

the john kerry of 2004 would have put it to the 'global test':eusa_whistle:

is very similar to the people in the Republican party

when does that similarity disappear? and you realize they are all basically the same?OR, How about its similar to JFK, or LBJ?

for the record, i think that he should have condemned the alleged gas attacks, put the issue regarding before the congress, un, and nato way before he started talking about attacking syria. I'm disappointed that some of his domestic and foreign policy, is very similar to the people in the republican party who i disagree with. I think the diplomatic route should have been employed first, if the un decided to make sanctions and strike syria, let some other country or countries do the work and be the "bad guy".
The difference between me and some of these dolts, is that i don't care what party or president it is, i stand by my beliefs and don't change them because there is a "d" or an "r" in office.

so, you're for erosion of exec. Privilege/power? :eusa_eh:

The john kerry of 2004 would have put it to the 'global test':eusa_whistle:

is very similar to the people in the republican party

when does that similarity disappear? And you realize they are all basically the same?

*key*

Vote no

Vote yes-

I guess as long as we kill them without risk to ourselves either alternative is OK.

thats what the pursuit of Geo-politics is , ultimately self interest.

LOL, no doubt! It truly demonstrates their hypocrisy and their tendency to be hateful ASSHOLES. Weren't many of them hooting that he should get approval from Congress before he does anything? Now that he did it, they still try to act like there's something wrong with doing what they were suggesting. What a JOKE these so-called "patriots" are! :lol:

actually no and there are still folks who don't think he needs congress, and hypocrisy goes, theres enough for everyone, and, considering all of the back history with this type of thing, :eusa_think:...shooting your mouth off like a clown, what are you, 12?

Are those same folks the ones who are now criticizing him for putting it before Congress? Yes they are, the clowns are the ones who were stating that he "needs to go before Congress" and now that he did it, they try to act like that's suddenly a problem. Those are the idiots and clowns who are shooting their mouths off. I simply made an accurate observation.

If some people said that he should go before congress, maybe they said it because it's the only way to avoid the war, since calling for Obama to back down is stupid. They didn't necessarily have to believe in that process to call for it, since hope still exists now with congress.

Some would like to deceive themselves into thinking the desires of the American people who do not want a war in Syria do not matter. I am watching a massive American Anti War Campaign be birthed in my nation and it is awesome to behold. What Irony, the roles played by Institutions like moveon.org, town hall meetings organized by Quakers and Anti War groups. This Israeli plan to get the US to attack Syria is going to back fire big time against Israel. Americans are tired of fighting wars for Israel, killing innocent civilians in the ME for Israel. ENOUGH is Enough!

You're incredibly biased, which is why no one takes you seriously. You criticize the U.S for an attack that hasn't even happened yet, yet you've NEVER criticized Assad for slaughtering his own people. Tens of thousands of them.

What else would you expect from a Pro Palestinian :cuckoo:

Some would like to deceive themselves into thinking the desires of the American people who do not want a war in Syria do not matter. I am watching a massive American Anti War Campaign be birthed in my nation and it is awesome to behold. What Irony, the roles played by Institutions like moveon.org, town hall meetings organized by Quakers and Anti War groups. This Israeli plan to get the US to attack Syria is going to back fire big time against Israel. Americans are tired of fighting wars for Israel, killing innocent civilians in the ME for Israel. ENOUGH is Enough!

Americans have not fought a war in the ME for Israel yet - and it would be wrong of us to do so, which is why I doubt such a thing will ever happen.

The ones deceiving themselves are the ones who make asinine pronouncements like the bold crap above.

TO: PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA AND MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

NO U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTION IN SYRIA!

"We stand against all chemical weapons, as well as all other weapons of mass destruction, and oppose their possession or use by anyone, including our own government. The horrific deaths in Syria must be thoroughly investigated and whoever is responsible brought to justice – in the International Criminal Court or elsewhere. Any military attack without the prior consent of Congress would violate our own Constitution, as well as international law. Committing a crime as a reaction to a crime brings us and the Syrians no closer to peace or justice. Military strikes by the U.S. will not make any Syrians safer. It will not bring the civil war closer to an end. And those strikes, without Security Council approval, will be completely illegal, regardless of any “coalition” Washington may cobble together. We must demand diplomacy and new talks to end the war, not more military attacks. No U.S. Military Intervention in Syria! | CREDO Mobilize. Another Petition to sign, close to 15000 signatures on the Petition so far.

Sponsored by: Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL) Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) Just Foreign Policy (JFP) Peace Action Peace and Justice Resource Center (PJRC) United for Peace and Justice (UFPJ) U.S. Labor Against the War (USLAW) Women's Actions for New Directions (WAND) Interfaith Communities United for Justice and Peace (ICUJP) No U.S. Military Intervention in Syria! | CREDO Mobilize. SOME of the same sponsers as sponsored the first Petition and who hosted the town hall meeting at moveon.org.

Uncle Ferd says, "Yea, he passin' the buck to Congress...

... after all his 'high-principled' rhetoric...

... he just another jive turkey."
:eusa_shifty:

Sherri, where is your proof that a potential U.S attack on Syria is an Israeli plan ?

BTW, I'm willing to bet Sherri ignores this question, like she always done when called out on her lies and bullshit Arab propaganda claims

Forum List

Back