Obama to seek congress approval

LOL, no doubt! It truly demonstrates their hypocrisy and their tendency to be hateful ASSHOLES. Weren't many of them hooting that he should get approval from Congress before he does anything? Now that he did it, they still try to act like there's something wrong with doing what they were suggesting. What a JOKE these so-called "patriots" are! :lol:

actually no and there are still folks who don't think he needs congress, and hypocrisy goes, theres enough for everyone, and, considering all of the back history with this type of thing, :eusa_think:...shooting your mouth off like a clown, what are you, 12?

This one was difficult to read without snickering and feeling bad at the same time.

WE aren't directly affected by SYRIA, so I do Belive Congress needs to be consulted as Obama (under pressure), capitulated to today while in the same breath admonishing the UN...(HE doesn't want to wait for their report that could take a week or two...as they are 'paralyzed' in Obama's words)...

Now what gives him ANY indication that the Congress of the United States will act any quicker to give him power to act?

From ALL indications? The PEOPLE of this nation want NO part of this and want us to get OUT...(Egypt, Behghazi...ENOUGH already)!

I smell legacy building...and the Magnificent narcissist that happens to sit in the WhiteHouse is impatient...I suggest another few rounds of golf for him to think it over.

And I think it's precisely what's going on. The man is being called out by millions of people in this world...

I think Obama knows it, and all of a sudden needs to do his job, and he is sorely irritated by it. THAT is what we saw today. I could see it written all over his face.

I think it's a good thing that President Obama took the warnings to forgo coalition mediation and route the choice to the US alone.

As it should be.

imho
And I think the Congress is going to tell him NO resoundingly. From polls I've seen? The people are FED up, and I think another factor to his backtracking in his quest of legacy building...

I don't think Congress can tell him yes or no. I think they can only decide whether to fund the operation. If they don't what will the little boy king with the big ears and empty suit do....:eusa_boohoo:

True... (as the HOUSE he happens to loathe), controls the purse strings will NOT fund it as they are weary as WE of his games, would be not funding any action.

HE WILL admonish them...sick his dogs of Media wars upon all of them as to make them capitulate.

Obama has painted himself into a corner...and he won't recover. His legacy is set. OBAMACARE or bust.

SYRIA has already defeated him with help of the rest of the world.

And I think the Congress is going to tell him NO resoundingly. From polls I've seen? The people are FED up, and I think another factor to his backtracking in his quest of legacy building...

I don't think Congress can tell him yes or no. I think they can only decide whether to fund the operation. If they don't what will the little boy king with the big ears and empty suit do....:eusa_boohoo:

True... (as the HOUSE he happens to loathe), controls the purse strings will NOT fund it as they are weary as WE of his games, would be not funding any action.

HE WILL admonish them...sick his dogs of Media wars upon all of them as to make them capitulate.

Obama has painted himself into a corner...and he won't recover. His legacy is set. OBAMACARE or bust.

SNIP:

Putin said he was sure the attack was the work of rebels trying to provoke international — and especially American — involvement in the Syrian conflict. The government of Bashar al-Assad, he said, would have had no reason to use chemical weapons at a time when it had gained the upper hand in the fighting.

- The Washington Post

And it was just reported that if Congress does not give approval for limited action in Syria, he just may do it on his own anyway. Insert second foot in mouth.

As John Bolton put it so well today, "Fill in the blank, this is the weakest president since _____.....Buchanan. That's when the country slipped into the civil war.

What a pathetic excuse for a president, Obama is. One day Kerry says the matter of Syria is urgent, and the next, Obama throws it to Congress who goes on break and won't be back in over a week! Maybe they should talk with one another.

Some would like to deceive themselves into thinking the desires of the American people who do not want a war in Syria do not matter. I am watching a massive American Anti War Campaign be birthed in my nation and it is awesome to behold. What Irony, the roles played by Institutions like moveon.org, town hall meetings organized by Quakers and Anti War groups. This Israeli plan to get the US to attack Syria is going to back fire big time against Israel. Americans are tired of fighting wars for Israel, killing innocent civilians in the ME for Israel. ENOUGH is Enough!

You're incredibly biased, which is why no one takes you seriously. You criticize the U.S for an attack that hasn't even happened yet, yet you've NEVER criticized Assad for slaughtering his own people. Tens of thousands of them.

actually no and there are still folks who don't think he needs congress, and hypocrisy goes, theres enough for everyone, and, considering all of the back history with this type of thing, :eusa_think:...shooting your mouth off like a clown, what are you, 12?

Are those same folks the ones who are now criticizing him for putting it before Congress? Yes they are, the clowns are the ones who were stating that he "needs to go before Congress" and now that he did it, they try to act like that's suddenly a problem. Those are the idiots and clowns who are shooting their mouths off. I simply made an accurate observation.

and they are?:eusa_eh:

I know who they are, you know who they are and everybody else on this forum knows who they are. :)

Obama has the MSM on his side, and unfortunately, congress won't go against the both.

SNIP:

Putin said he was sure the attack was the work of rebels trying to provoke international — and especially American — involvement in the Syrian conflict. The government of Bashar al-Assad, he said, would have had no reason to use chemical weapons at a time when it had gained the upper hand in the fighting.

- The Washington Post
Someone used the weapons...of that I have no doubt. Which side doesn't matter. BOTH in that conflict are the same coin with two bad sides. SAD those people died. WAR is HELL.

I am not, and will not just wait to see who wins this and join whomever wins it. BOTH are enemies, and BOTH can rot in Hell.

May GOD have mercy on them.

Two tyrannical powers are what we see fighting.

WE stay out of it, and IF they come for US or our allies? Then that game changes exponentially. THAT is when WE act.

Last edited:

SNIP:

- The Washington Post
Someone used the weapons...of that I have no doubt. Which side doesn't matter. BOTH in that conflict are the same coin with two bad sides. SAD those people died. WAR is HELL.

I am not, and will not just wait to see who wins this and join whomever wins it. BOTH are enemies, and BOTH can rot in Hell.

WE stay out of it, and IF they come for US or our allies? Then that game changes exponentially. THAT is when WE act.

really no doubt? My gods man how ever did you deduce someone actually used the weapons? Tell me what else have you seen while drinking whiskey.

OOO maybe you will inform everyone that Syria is in the Middleeast and has muslims in it.

Obama has the MSM on his side, and unfortunately, congress won't go against the both.

With an election coming up, polls showing the people want NO part of this? Obama is ripe for picking. The MEDIA had better get wise as well.

This will not be good for Obama or the media that to date that has been licking their chops at another conflict for readership.

THEY are on the wrong side.

SNIP:

- The Washington Post

That's just what we wanted by warring like a checkerboard in the Middle East. Sooner or later, the chaos will hit home, and then we'll have the justification we need to wipe out the entire Middle East if necessary.

For the record, I think that he should have condemned the alleged gas attacks, put the issue regarding before the Congress, UN, and NATO way before he started talking about attacking Syria. I'm disappointed that some of his domestic and foreign policy, is very similar to the people in the Republican party who i disagree with. I think the diplomatic route should have been employed first, if the UN decided to make sanctions and strike Syria, let some other country or countries do the work and be the "bad guy".
The difference between me and some of these dolts, is that I don't care what party or president it is, I stand by my beliefs and don't change them because there is a "D" or an "R" in office.

With an election coming up, polls showing the people want NO part of this? Obama is ripe for picking. The MEDIA had better get wise as well.

This will not be good for Obama or the media that to date that has been licking their chops at another conflict for readership.

If the vote is close to authorize war, there will be enough democrats to pass it. The whole thing is rigged, and Obama will exert every (underhanded) measure needed to get his way. Obama is too savvy and untouched to lose like that.

Last edited:

If the vote is close to authorize war, there will be enough democrats to pass it. The whole thing is rigged, and Obama will exert every (dirty) measure needed to get his way. Obama is too savvy and untouched to lose like that.
And even that will take longer than the impatient malignant narcissist is willing to endure.

He had better be careful...the entire WORLD is watching. And YES it does matter with our creds as we are skating on thin ice and precisely because of Obama to begin with.

BACK to square one, eh?

If the vote is close to authorize war, there will be enough democrats to pass it. The whole thing is rigged, and Obama will exert every (dirty) measure needed to get his way. Obama is too savvy and untouched to lose like that.
And even that will take longer than the impatient malignant narcissist is willing to endure.

Are you saying Obama will launch a sneak attack? :eek:

He had better be careful...the entire WORLD is watching. And YES it does matter with our creds as we are skating on thin ice and precisely because of Obama to begin with.

BACK to square one, eh?

Their eyes must be glazing over by now.

Are you saying Obama will launch a sneak attack? :eek:

BACK to square one, eh?

Their eyes must be glazing over by now.

NO...Obama will NOT take any action but to browbeat the Congress with the help of the media. He plays a dangerous game as the people have had enough...Congress already knows this.

As despicable as the act was in Syria? The people want NO part of it.

NOR do they want us to champion the winner of that conflict.

What they DO expect is us to ACT IF we or our allies get attacked by whomever presides victorious, or for that matter BOTH.

BOTH are tyranny. As I stated earlier? TWO bad sides of a coin.

NEITHER is worthy of our backing.

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama says he has decided that the United States should take military action against Syria in response to a deadly chemical weapons attack.

But he says he will seek congressional authorization for the use of force.

He says congressional leadership plans to hold a debate and a vote as soon as Congress comes back in September.

Obama says he has the authority to act on his own, but believes it is important for the country to have a debate.

Military action would be in response to a chemical weapons attack the U.S. says Syrian President Bashar Assad's government carried out against civilians. The U.S. says more than 1,400 Syrians were killed in that attack last week.

That motherfucking TYRANT!!!!!! Impeach the fucking bastard for using the proper channels!

Clearly, Obama is afraid that Biden will have him impeached if he doesn't get Congressional approval.

Well Joey is the president of the Senate and he has utter those words of impeachment against Bush. Constitutional expert that he is, why didn't he caution Obama about Libya then. But I do like your humor.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense does it.

The anxiety of an imminent attack, staying on high alert for days on end...hell, shoot some dummy rounds that land in the water!

Forcing Assad to divide his attention.

That would have been perhaps better than an actual attack.

Even when making the correct decision (after trying everything else) President Obama finds a way to screw it up.

My opinion?

He saw the polls, and being the Campaigner-in-Chief instead of the Commander-in-Chief, he needed to get the word out to American's before HIS poll numbers started dropping.

No tactical sense at all. He could have just kept his big mouth shut, waited for the UN results and asked Congress to convene. I don't see the point in basically giving Syria a guarantee that the attack won't occur until at least Congress has voted on it. :cuckoo:

the head UN inspector said they will determine IF chems were used , not by whom...I just saw it on the tele..;)

Oh lord-----great detective work UN. Did anyone bother to tell them it might be important to know who used them ? I'm so glad they are there to help the world out. :lol::lol::lol:

If the vote is close to authorize war, there will be enough democrats to pass it. The whole thing is rigged, and Obama will exert every (underhanded) measure needed to get his way. Obama is too savvy and untouched to lose like that.

If it passes it will pass because Republicans support it.

If it passes it will pass because Republicans support it.

:thup:

Forum List

Back