Obama to seek congress approval

Obama has never had any intention of doing anything. Why is no one getting this lol.

Yet another example of why conservatives have zero credibility: their lies.

No one is advocating, including the president, ‘going to war’ with Syria.

Shelling another country with large guided missiles is normally considered an act of war.....

I wonder what you suppose war is.

If Syria shelled New York with cruise and Tomahawk missiles from New York Harbor, wouldn't that be considered going to war with us?

Why hasn't Boehner called the Rs back from their vacation? This is an issue of national security and the Ds have returned to DC. Not the Rs though.

Why not?

Hello I am known as itsme and glad to be here, I just learned about this site. Anyway,I agree he is trying to get congress to save his butt on this one.My question is why is he wanting to listen to the people now? If he fires a missal his butt should be strapped to the first one.

Last edited:
Hello I am known as itsme and glad to be here, I just learned about this site. Anyway,I agree he is trying to get congress to save his butt on this one.My question is why is he wanting to listen to the people now? If he fires a missal his butt should be strapped to the first one.

He doesn't want to listen to the people which I find to be one of the saddest things about this whole fiasco. He's just going through the motions and will no doubt attack Syria anyway.

Welcome

He doesn't want to listen to the people which I find to be one of the saddest things about this whole fiasco. He's just going through the motions and will no doubt attack Syria anyway.

Welcome

I don't think he will.... that's be a major mistake, and I think he knows it.

Welcome

I don't think he will.... that's be a major mistake, and I think he knows it.

You don't think he will attack or you don't think he will listen to the American people?

I'm surprised how much talk there is by congressmen on regular news media about impeaching Obama -- so no, I don't think he'll ask for their vote and then refuse to obey it!

I think this whole thing is about going to war with Iran. That's why the news today says BOTH Saudi Arabia and Israel are pushing hard now to get Obama to shell Syria ------- they want us to get into a big war with Iran so they don't have to.

All it would take would be one lie, like Bush with his faked-up WMD claim. Lies get America into fully half the wars we wage. The American people are extremely easy to lie into war.

I think everyone abroad realizes this and won't play, because war that spreads to Iran would be World War III. Hey, somebody might even attack us, and that never happens.......we're only supposed to attack THEM, they never attack us, not even in WWII.

But that could change.......

My view is the same as Greenfield's, it was my first thoughts as Obama gave his lame ass speech

Obama’s Plan to Blame Syria on Congress

Obama’s belated agreement to take the Syrian strikes before Congress, while asserting that he will not be bound by whatever Congress decides, buys him a convenient exit strategy.

The Congress trap will let Obama opt out of an attack that he is ambivalent about while blaming Republicans for destroying American credibility. Even now the progressive spin machine is roaring into action and denouncing Congress for not immediately returning to session to consider Obama’s plan.

Considering that Obama waited for two years before deciding to bomb Syria, it seems ridiculously hypocritical of his political palace guard to denounce Congress for not immediately springing into action; but hypocrisy is hardly an obstacle for a Democratic Party that dramatically reversed its position on Iraq and now once again favors unilateral wars over WMDs.

Obama’s Rose Garden speech baited the trap with its warning to Congress to avoid partisan politics.

“I ask you, members of Congress, to consider that some things are more important than partisan differences or the politics of the moment. Ultimately, this is not about who occupies this office at any given time; it’s about who we are as a country. I believe that the people’s representatives must be invested in what America does abroad,” Obama said

That is the Catch 22 trap. Either Congress adopts an unpopular attack in order to do the supposedly responsible thing or it gets accused of sabotaging American credibility for partisan politics and is held responsible for a great many dead children.

Obama?s Plan to Blame Syria on Congress | FrontPage Magazine

Last edited:
I'm surprised how much talk there is by congressmen on regular news media about impeaching Obama -- so no, I don't think he'll ask for their vote and then refuse to obey it!

I haven't seen America so united about something since 9/11. If the people's wishes aren't listened to on this one we will have blatant proof that we have lost control of America and that our government is no longer by the people or for the people. Sad.

I haven't seen America so united about something since 9/11. If the people's wishes aren't listened to on this one we will have blatant proof that we have lost control of America and that our government is no longer by the people or for the people. Sad.

I entirely agree. We are the most united we have been in this 21st century, and if Congress and the prez goes against that unity, we have indeed lost the government.

Kerry might not appreciate being castrated in public either.

Kerry is running for president again.

The presidency isn't the be or end all. Very seldom do men, particularly men like Kerry, appreciate being humiliated in such a very public way. What obama did to Kerry is like making him put on polka dot overalls and a red squeaky nose then go out there.

Kerry might not appreciate being castrated in public either.

Kerry is running for president again.

The presidency isn't the be or end all. Very seldom do men, particularly men like Kerry, appreciate being humiliated in such a very public way. What obama did to Kerry is like making him put on polka dot overalls and a red squeaky nose then go out there.

He's so clueless that he doesn't even know he should be embarrassed. He's a pompous asshole who will run for the office anyway.

My view is the same as Greenfield's, it was my first thoughts as Obama gave his lame ass speech

Obama’s Plan to Blame Syria on Congress

Obama’s belated agreement to take the Syrian strikes before Congress, while asserting that he will not be bound by whatever Congress decides, buys him a convenient exit strategy.

The Congress trap will let Obama opt out of an attack that he is ambivalent about while blaming Republicans for destroying American credibility. Even now the progressive spin machine is roaring into action and denouncing Congress for not immediately returning to session to consider Obama’s plan.

Considering that Obama waited for two years before deciding to bomb Syria, it seems ridiculously hypocritical of his political palace guard to denounce Congress for not immediately springing into action; but hypocrisy is hardly an obstacle for a Democratic Party that dramatically reversed its position on Iraq and now once again favors unilateral wars over WMDs.

Obama’s Rose Garden speech baited the trap with its warning to Congress to avoid partisan politics.

“I ask you, members of Congress, to consider that some things are more important than partisan differences or the politics of the moment. Ultimately, this is not about who occupies this office at any given time; it’s about who we are as a country. I believe that the people’s representatives must be invested in what America does abroad,” Obama said

That is the Catch 22 trap. Either Congress adopts an unpopular attack in order to do the supposedly responsible thing or it gets accused of sabotaging American credibility for partisan politics and is held responsible for a great many dead children.

Obama?s Plan to Blame Syria on Congress | FrontPage Magazine

It is absolutely not a Catch 22 for the Congress.

If the Congress votes NAY - and Obama obeys, albeit whining and complaining and blaming ( as usual) - everybody will pretend and give him a pass on this - he is the president and can't be humiliated on the world arena too much because of his stupidity, but everybody will still know who made a fool of himself with "red lining".

The war is unneeded and Americans don't want it.
So they will play the game to save the face of the fool in the WH.

It won't hurt Congress at all - since Congress is not a single body and every single Congressman will only benefit if he/she will vote NAY.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back