Obama trip to Africa June 26 could cost $60 to $100 million

I guess we could replace the image of Obama here and insert the 'United States' with a dog named Barack Obama

-Geaux

Why can't Obama, Kerry and a few other people go? They could simply fly airforce one over and sleep on it. Why do more?

Diplomacy......meet the people

The Obama family provides quite a diplomatic impact. Especially in Africa

Why did Bush bring his family?

diplomatic IMPACT...by their mere presence...good grief..
must be like that historic proportions

To paraphrase Joe Biden........a visit from the President of the United States is a "Big Fucking Deal"

In case you missed it.......the United States electing a black man as President was a "Big Fucking Deal" in Africa

To paraphrase Joe Biden........a visit from the President of the United States is a "Big Fucking Deal"

In case you missed it.......the United States electing a black man as President was a "Big Fucking Deal" in Africa

We can't afford the trip. Soldiers need hot meals and ammunition that has been reduced due to Obama's sequester. Not to mention furloughed workers

If we don't have the money to buy supplies and are shutting down our military testing as per sequester, how the hell do we have the money for a non-value added trip like this?

And we wonder why leaders in government act irresponsibly.

They take cues from the top

-Geaux

really, you've been there and they told you that?
and hearing the buffoon Vice President Joe talk like a vulgar punk kid does nothing for me..but that's how far down this administration has brought the office of the Presidency...they act like a bunch of street punks

Last edited:

Why do you keep calling him black when he's biracial?

I really don't get it.

Oh and its a family vacation. Not a diplomatic mission for crying out loud.

Why do you keep calling him black when he's biracial?

I really don't get it.

Oh and its a family vacation. Not a diplomatic mission for crying out loud

lol, rightwhiner has the hots for Obama with historic proportions...man crushes aren't pretty

Last edited:
OH DARN

SNIP:
Liberal Dem. says Bush saved more lives than any US president
A self-confessed “liberal Democrat who voted for Obama twice” says that George W. Bush saved more lives than any other U.S. president and refers to him as “the real American hero in Africa.”

ALL of it here
Republican & Conservative News Media, Blog, Newspaper | BizPac Review -

Is there even a question about this?

Bush is the African hero.

Bush programs saved millions of lives in Africa. It was his finest accomplishment. Too bad he had to downplay it with his own party

OH DARN

SNIP:
Liberal Dem. says Bush saved more lives than any US president
A self-confessed “liberal Democrat who voted for Obama twice” says that George W. Bush saved more lives than any other U.S. president and refers to him as “the real American hero in Africa.”

ALL of it here
Republican & Conservative News Media, Blog, Newspaper | BizPac Review -

Is there even a question about this?

Bush is the African hero.

Bush programs saved millions of lives in Africa. It was his finest accomplishment. Too bad he had to downplay it with his own party

the only ones who downplayed it are people in your party as we see with the mediamatters link....

We can't afford the trip. Soldiers need hot meals and ammunition that has been reduced due to Obama's sequester. Not to mention furloughed workers

If we don't have the money to buy supplies and are shutting down our military testing as per sequester, how the hell do we have the money for a non-value added trip like this?

-Geaux

Sequester is an artificial crisis created because our politicians can't do their jobs. What makes you think a visit to Africa is no value? Was it non value when the Bush family visited? How about when Clinton visited?

Oh yes.....I forgot

This is Obama. He is supposed to stay in his nice white house like a good little boy. Any time he ventures out, the wing nuts will go crazy on command

-Geaux

Sequester is an artificial crisis created because our politicians can't do their jobs. What makes you think a visit to Africa is no value? Was it non value when the Bush family visited? How about when Clinton visited?

Oh yes.....I forgot

This is Obama. He is supposed to stay in his nice white house like a good little boy. Any time he ventures out, the wing nuts will go crazy on command

well of course not..when he speaks of people having SKIN in the game he doesn't mean his or living by example...

for the Obama's it's do as I say, and we can just what the hell we want no matter the cost..

But I'm sure they fweeel our pain...

-Geaux

Oh yes.....I forgot

It's a family vacation. That is going to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars. At least they had the decency to cancel their safari plans.

After the paper questioned the costs of a planned family safari, the White House nixed the plan.

"The president and first lady had also planned to take a Tanzanian safari as part of the trip, which would have required the president’s special counter-assault team to carry sniper rifles with high-caliber rounds that could neutralize cheetahs, lions or other animals if they became a threat, according to the planning document.

But the White House canceled the safari on Wednesday following inquiries from The Washington Post about the trip’s purpose and expense, according to a person familiar with the decision."

The paper adds, "Obama’s trip could cost the federal government $60 million to $100 million based on the costs of similar African trips in recent years, according to one person familiar with the journey who was not authorized to speak for attribution.

The Secret Service planning document, which was provided to The Post by a person who is concerned about the amount of resources necessary for the trip, does not specify costs."

The Obama Family Trip to Africa to Cost $60 to $100 Million | The Weekly Standard

-Geaux

Oh yes.....I forgot

It's a family vacation. That is going to cost the taxpayers millions of dollars. At least they had the decency to cancel their safari plans.

After the paper questioned the costs of a planned family safari, the White House nixed the plan.

"The president and first lady had also planned to take a Tanzanian safari as part of the trip, which would have required the president’s special counter-assault team to carry sniper rifles with high-caliber rounds that could neutralize cheetahs, lions or other animals if they became a threat, according to the planning document.

But the White House canceled the safari on Wednesday following inquiries from The Washington Post about the trip’s purpose and expense, according to a person familiar with the decision."

The paper adds, "Obama’s trip could cost the federal government $60 million to $100 million based on the costs of similar African trips in recent years, according to one person familiar with the journey who was not authorized to speak for attribution.

The Secret Service planning document, which was provided to The Post by a person who is concerned about the amount of resources necessary for the trip, does not specify costs."

The Obama Family Trip to Africa to Cost $60 to $100 Million | The Weekly Standard

It's a shame Obama had to cancel the Safari. Obama could have shot him some Lions or Elephants. Maybe a nice Giraffe.

That would have impressed the right wing voters........it works with Palin

Oh yes.....I forgot

It's a shame Obama had to cancel the Safari. Obama could have shot him some Lions or Elephants. Maybe a nice Giraffe.

awwwww, rightwhiner fweeeeling hurt?
had to take a dig at a Palin...tsk tsk and I can say, we are not impressed...
you need tissue?

-Geaux

Oh yes.....I forgot

I apologize if I was not very clear earlier.

The government has pretty much shut down all 'official' travel to 'Mission Essential' travel. IMHO, this does not meet that criteria.

Fraud and waste

-Geaux

awwwww, rightwhiner fweeeeling hurt?
had to take a dig at a Palin...tsk tsk and I can say, we are not impressed...
you need tissue?

Liberal creed: When all else fails, smear Palin. Or Bush (both). Or Reagan.

-Geaux

Oh yes.....I forgot

well of course not..when he speaks of people having SKIN in the game he doesn't mean his or living by example...

for the Obama's it's do as I say, and we can just what the hell we want no matter the cost..

Isn't he living by the example set by Bush and Clinton?

Once again........double standard from the right when it comes to a black man out representing us to the rest of the world

Race Card? Yup.......own it

Oh yes.....I forgot

Once again........double standard from the right when it comes to a black man out representing us to the rest of the world

ah yes, when all else fails, shove his skin color in peoples faces...
I guess they are representing us also to the rest of the world when they take their 17 day Hawaiian vacations every year for Christmas.
come on people how DARE you question the expense and timing of this Africa vacation

Last edited:

Oh yes.....I forgot

But you see RW- He does not need to hit the road to show his failure as Commander in Chief.

It's the digital age.. The words already out

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/12/president-obama-disappointment_n_1511552.html

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/03/president-obama-there-is-no-debt-crisis/

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/world/asia/osama-bin-laden-dead.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

-Geaux

Last edited:

Oh yes.....I forgot

:lol:

Palin?

What a lamo retort.

Forum List

Back