Obama Trying To Buy A Few More Votes

I'll clarify my question to you since you nicely danced around it. In what way has federal spending improved the education that our young people received?

Since schools get less than 10% of their funding from the Federal Government, what does the question have to do with the quality of education children receive? That same funding, however, has saved teachers jobs, improved school infrastructure and has provided meals to students who might not get one.
What difference does the percentage of funding make? Either dollars from the FedGov have improved schools or they haven't. And you haven't made the case they have.
In fact it has been a giant waste, like most federal government programs.

And, of course federal money has improved schools. Do ya'll even know where Federal education money goes? Most of it goes to Title l grants, IDEA grants and Pell grants.

Since schools get less than 10% of their funding from the Federal Government, what does the question have to do with the quality of education children receive? That same funding, however, has saved teachers jobs, improved school infrastructure and has provided meals to students who might not get one.
What difference does the percentage of funding make? Either dollars from the FedGov have improved schools or they haven't. And you haven't made the case they have.

And, of course federal money has improved schools. Do ya'll even know where Federal education money goes? Most of it goes to Title l grants, IDEA grants and Pell grants.

If federal money has improved schools, where do we see the improvement? Graduation rates? International rankings? Please elaborate.

If federal money has improved schools, where do we see the improvement? Graduation rates? International rankings? Please elaborate.

Why are you expecting the less than 10 % of funding to do all the work? I suggest you look up where those grants go. I think it will answer your question. 92% of school funding comes from the state and local governments.

You mean the legislation written by Ted Kennedy?
OK so there is no benefit that 30 years of federal funding has brought. Thanks for admitting that.

And naturally you can show where Senator Kennedy argued that the mandate be unfunded?

Of course there is a benefit to federal education funding. Just in recent history, the stimulus alone saved education jobs. How is it that the same people that think we can't spend enough on defense think we spend enough on education?

I'll clarify my question to you since you nicely danced around it. In what way has federal spending improved the education that our young people received?

I hasn't. As with most things, there is a strong correlation between deterioration of quality with increases in federal control and spending.

Why are you expecting the less than 10 % of funding to do all the work? I suggest you look up where those grants go. I think it will answer your question. 92% of school funding comes from the state and local governments.

Unless we can measure the improvement in some way, then you can't say that federal money has improved the system. It really doesn't matter where the grants go as much as it matters if the grants produced positive results. From every thing I can find, they have not. High School graduation rates are little changed from 1970. Only 4 out of 10 Pell Grant recipients ever graduate with a degree. We are falling further and further behind in international rankings. Those federal dollars going to state education programs appear to be wasted.

All massive amounts of government spending does to a sector of the economy is to make things more expensive.

How is it that the same people that think we can't spend enough on defense think we spend enough on education?

Gee, I don't know, maybe because we already spend more than just about any other country in the world and have piss poor results to show for it?

USATODAY.com - U.S. tops the world in school spending but not test scores

K-12 Spending Per Student in the OECD | Mercatus

Spending on K-12 Education Triples, and Results Slide - Room for Debate - NYTimes.com

And yet everyone wants to go to school here. Odd that.

It's strange the way Republicans are against Americans helping Americans. Yet those billionaires who are buying Republican politicians want to do things like build bigger nuclear waste dumps and get rid of regulations keeping them from squat-shitting on the very people who support them.

:clap2::clap2:

So go to Harvard and get $200,000 loans then declare bankruptcy after getting the degree.....

So go to Harvard and get $200,000 loans then declare bankruptcy after getting the degree.....

Sorry bub. The Gubmint changed the law so that school loans can't be discharged in bankruptcy.

It's strange the way Republicans are against Americans helping Americans. Yet those billionaires who are buying Republican politicians want to do things like build bigger nuclear waste dumps and get rid of regulations keeping them from squat-shitting on the very people who support them.
The GOP hates puppies, too!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZy9td-ETmM]Michael Steele - Puppies 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

Idiot...this thread is about Obamination wanting to change that, you are just so fucking stupid. :badgrin:

Sorry bub. The Gubmint changed the law so that school loans can't be discharged in bankruptcy.

The law hasn't been changed yet, you ignoramus. 85%+ of student loans are held by the government, and those ones won't be affected by Obama's proposed change. Only private ones will be, which have a lower default rate... so it's just pandering.

Idiot, he wants to give people the right to blow off their student loans. You are just a fucking idiot.

If he proposed letting criminals out of jail after 5 years then there would be a thread here about that, even if it didn't change the law at that "moment." Just proposing bullshit shows how fucked up liberals like you are....

Idiot...this thread is about Obamination wanting to change that, you are just so fucking stupid. :badgrin:

The law hasn't been changed yet, you ignoramus. 85%+ of student loans are held by the government, and those ones won't be affected by Obama's proposed change. Only private ones will be, which have a lower default rate... so it's just pandering.

The GOP hates puppies, too!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZy9td-ETmM]Michael Steele - Puppies 2006 - YouTube[/ame]

:eek: Even cute ones?

Idiot, he wants to give people the right to blow off their student loans. You are just a fucking idiot.

If he proposed letting criminals out of jail after 5 years then there would be a thread here about that, even if it didn't change the law at that "moment." Just proposing bullshit shows how fucked up liberals like you are....

Thinking I'm a liberal just shows how pathetic your reading comprehension is, you sad little person.

Forum List

Back