49 year old beta-male-career-slacker-student gets his $250K student loan forgiven

The problem is people are biting off more than is necessary or effective for a degree for which there is a job market. Far too many students and their parents are grabbing taxpayer money to spend $250k-$300k on a major in a field for which there is no job market. As a taxpayer, I gladly support a student who takes a loan for 2 years at a local community college, 2 years at an in-state university, and concentration in a field for which there is a job market…. All at cost of maybe $75k-$100k.

There needs to be restrictions and limits so these abuses can stop.
For profit colleges upselling potential students to make more money.

And now that taxpayers have bailed his ass out, he can go find himself in India, and no doubt he'll get more student loans that can be paid off by REAL workers!
Thanks Joe!!!!

View attachment 937272

A Gen Xer who got $250,000 in student loans forgiven said he can now finally start saving for retirement — and consider his dream of studying in India​

• Joel Lambdin, 49, received $250,000 in student-loan forgiveness in January.
  • It's a result of the Education Department's one-time account adjustments.
  • Lambdin said the relief would allow him to save for retirement and consider long-term dreams.

Dweeb who expects thinkers to pay for his feelings folly

An outlier. The exception, not the rule.

Nope. these are the people Biden is trying to bribe. Bad degrees resulting in poor work opportunities.

Meanwhile the people that got useful degrees paid their stuff off. I got my Masters in 1999 an was paid off by 2012, only taking one re-finance.

Paid. In. Full.

Nope. these are the people Biden is trying to bribe. Bad degrees resulting in poor work opportunities.

Meanwhile the people that got useful degrees paid their stuff off. I got my Masters in 1999 an was paid off by 2012, only taking one re-finance.

Paid. In. Full.
Responsibility and accomplishment are very rewarding

Paid. In. Full.
I got my Maters Degree in 1990.
No Loan.
I worked my way through school.

School was cheaper then.
Not just a little cheaper, WAY cheaper.

No Loan.

School was cheaper then.

Blame that on readily available loans allowing schools to bloat their admin staffs and not have to use their endowments as intended.

I also had a 3/4 scholarship that went down to 1/2 due to tuition increases over 4 years. Even with that I had loans.

No Loan.

School was cheaper then.
Incomes were lower. Not just a little lower, way lower. Cash reserves also
My tuition in the early 70’s was $1,200 per year for in state college. That was a lot of money, a house cost $35,000.
I did not go out of state for a jaunt away from home at 1OX the cost and major in African Studies and expect others to pay for my “experience@

No Loan.

School was cheaper then.
I hope that Masters served you well
What was it in?

For profit colleges upselling potential students to make more money.
Well, the university (UNC from one source I read) doesn’t have an incentive to tell him “no”. The bank who made the loan to him knows that student debt is a gold mine for them--it can’t be wiped away with bankruptcy or whatever so they didn’t have an incentive to tell him “no”. And the student in this case seems to be a guy who just wanted to spend his life in college from outward appearances. Appearances can be wrong of course but he wouldn’t be the first arts major to experience anxiety like this. Your livelihood is based on whether or not the public likes your work. Yours is the only name on the canvas, CD, website.... Staff accountants who graduated the same year as he did don’t have that “obstacle” really.

It's pretty much a racket. As one article I read on the topic said, "Is it possible to make enough money playing a fiddle to repay $250,000 in student loans?” The people giving out the loan should have been asking this question. But they didn’t have any incentive to do so.

This is the exception however. But, as with all things these days, it will be used to prove the rule. LOL

No Loan.

School was cheaper then.
why would you lie like that and say college costs more than it used to??

just kidding,,
its only democrats that thinks it to cheap and has nothing to do with debt the younger generation are experiencing,,

Why can't they be like we were, perfect in every way?

Brought to you by The Law Offices of Hankey, Stankey, and Pecker.

Forum List

Back