Obamacare in MN costs $91 a month!!!

All of the annual limit waivers expire at this end of this year and cannot be renewed.

I know, you haven't followed Franco's stupid logic through many of these threads have you? He misrepresents them. He claimed that waivers were granted for really bad healthcare policies. Thanks for spewing though.

...that's why those who received one of the temporary waivers "must alert consumers that the plan has restrictive coverage and includes low annual limits." Mini-med plans are not good plans, they're simply considered to be better than nothing. Which is the alternative until Obamacare's coverage expansions launch in earnest with the openings of new marketplaces selling competitive plans in the fall of this year.

Those annual limit waivers are simply a bridge until real coverage is available to these folks in the new marketplaces later this year. Coverage in the marketplaces won't have annual limits.

Aren't considered good by whom? The gods of healthcare? You? If I get elected god next year and decide that your plan isn't any good can I force you to buy a new plan I like?

Paying $91 per month doesn't guarantee that a doctor will be willing to treat you for the low government price controlled payment.

Just sayin'.

The dangers of crying wolf. Now every premium announcement comes with the note that premiums are lower (sometimes substantially lower) than expected. The rate shock never showed up.

(In fairness, it isn't just the GOP--the premium estimates the CBO used to calculate the cost of the law 3+ years ago have now also turned out to have been inflated).

Tell me something, idiot, why don't you put up comparison numbers anymore? Given that individual coverage in Minnesota was going for $53 /month last year, and is going to be $91/month next month, why should I accept your interpretation that this is good news?

Here in Ne 20 something is 129 in 2013...2014 239...the rates are going up all over the country.

Minn. health care exchange's rates lowest so far - Yahoo! Finance

the lowest cost plan in MN for Obamacare will be $91 a month!!!

that's amazing!!!!!! I would totally get that!!!!!

Sorry, but you ain't getting off that easily...deductibles? coverages? Doctor referrals, minimums? maximums? Prescriptions?

Let's hear "The Rest of the Story" as Paul Harvey used to say.

You forgot the biggest one, how much did it cost before Obamacare?

It is a High Ded plan, but it must still cover the basics from first dollar.

The dangers of crying wolf. Now every premium announcement comes with the note that premiums are lower (sometimes substantially lower) than expected. The rate shock never showed up.

(In fairness, it isn't just the GOP--the premium estimates the CBO used to calculate the cost of the law 3+ years ago have now also turned out to have been inflated).

Not according to the 'tool' you furnished the board with a few days ago.

The one I used to walk through an example showing that a plan for a family of five will cost only a quarter of what the rightwing mob was claiming only a few months ago?

Again, see the point about crying wolf.

Point of calling wolf my @ss!

Cheapest policy according to the IRS will be $20,000/yr. Where is all my savings from Obamacare??
IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family | CNS News

California's exchange has a great new tool out today in anticipation of open enrollment in October. Lets you see exactly how much each plan in your local market will cost a household of your size.

Let's imagine you're a family of 5 in LA county: two 40-year-old parents, three kids. How much is the cheapest plan available to you? $20,000?

No, it's an L.A. Care bronze plan available to your family for $393/month or $4,716/year.

Now let's say your household makes $60,000/year so that you qualify for an affordability tax credit. Your premium for that plan falls to $216/month or $2,592/year. Wow! Glad there wasn't some idiot telling me it would cost $20,000/year for a family of five!

From Rabbi's link:
The examples point to families of four and families of five, both of which the IRS expects in its assumptions to pay a minimum of $20,000 per year for a bronze plan.

“The annual national average bronze plan premium for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 children) is $20,000,” the regulation says.

Second, that bronze plan is bare bones. It leaves the insured with 40% of the bill.

The conceit of the thread is that the cheapest bronze plan would cost a family of 5 $20,000/year in premiums. That was a lie, told by idiots to idiots. The point of looking up actual numbers is to expose the absurdity of that claim. The actual cheapest bronze plan for a family that large is actually less than $5,000, with families potentially being asked to pay substantially less than that.

That's not a recommendation that this family actually choose to buy catastrophic coverage, the point is that catastrophic coverage doesn't cost $20,000, as the more impressionable minds in the rightwing herd were led to believe.

Derp.

Bronze is not a catastrophic plan.

I checked some numbers real quick.
For a real family of five that I know, the cheapest bronze plan would cost $26,980 before any benefits are paid out.

I then went to the cheapest platinum plan. Cost: $25,240.

Neither of those numbers come even close to what that family currently pays.

Dental not included.
Eye care not included.
Formularies not included.

The families 'health insurance' just doubled!

Let's not even talk about the number of Docs dropping MediCal patients.

Derp indeed Greenbeard.

Last edited:
Paying $91 per month doesn't guarantee that a doctor will be willing to treat you for the low government price controlled payment.

Just sayin'.

Where to you get this stuff?

It's a private plan underwritten by folks who do this stuff for a living. What makes you think they would sell a plan which wouldn't really cover anything?

Just sayin'.

It's a private plan underwritten by folks who do this stuff for a living. What makes you think they would sell a plan which wouldn't really cover anything?

Last year this plan was 50 bucks...this year its 91 and you cheer.
Too funny

Just sayin'.

Too funny

That's why all this press BS is nothing more than amusing and liberals are falling all over themselves because of an 82% increase.

Too funny

That's why all this press BS is nothing more than amusing and liberals are falling all over themselves because of an 82% increase.

Our Rates came out last week, 83% increase for the same age group.....its been the same thing across the country.

As Agents we were to have NOTHING to do with the approval of the subsidies...the Exchanges aren't going to be ready on time so WE have to quote thesubsideis AND apply them, this entire thing is a clusterfuck.

With the Exchnages not reay Insurers will be collecting very little premiums while paying out claims for everything...and won't receive ANY subsidy monies until the Gov gets their shit together.

New rates must be filed with the DOI in May, 7 moths before they can be approved and applied...this means that the first set of rates will be in effect for 2 years...before they can be raised.

It is a HUGE roll of the dice what with guaranteed issue and all.

There will be a culling of companies.

Forum List

Back