Obamacare just ruined my life

Hmmmm. You work for idiots. You are better off going elsewhere. Good businesspeople do not turn down business.

I've been working there for three years.

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THEY CAN POSSIBLY HAVE MORE BUSINESS.

If they hired a rookie staff with NO management, the reviews and reputation of the Watermill would plummet to rock bottom.

You're a fucking moron.

You have proven why Centrally Planned economies ALWAYS fail, because FUCKTARDS like you think you have the knowledge and wisdom to run every different type and variety of business and service.

You just said that your employer is going to decline business now so they can cut your hours and avoid a mandate for providing insurance that starts in a year and a half.
Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds? You insult everyone here without even knowing it. That is how clueless you are.

Yes, they cutting hours for their employee, and because there is no way to reliably replace those veteran workers, they must also cut back on parties and business.

Get it fuckface?

they were providing some sort of insurance, but decided it is not worthy to be engaged in the obamacare crap with a lot of mandatory services to be payed for.
It is not my employer- we work in the same system but on the different levels. the ancillary staff is employed by a different company.

Blah....blah.....bullshit.

you are so used to lie yourself that you can't think about any logical response :lol:

OK.....go with that.

Because his employer wants to remain in business. My employer has, HAD, 60 fulltime employees. Factor in providing health insurance to each of them and it is not financial feasable.

His employer, like mine, is CHOOSING to REMAIN IN BUSINESS by reducing the number of fulltime employees.

This law has incentatived reducing workers hours.

But this is basic stuff to anyone running a business right now, and the fact that these concepts are so foriegn so someone liberals on this thread demostrates how out of touch they are with what if happening, what I like to call REALITY.

If this whole thing (Obamacare) allegedly (I saw another poster state this) takes place in 2015, why are employers choosing to cut their employees hours now, instead of making it effective in 2015?

our ancillary staff had their hours cut starting January 1st this year.

and there are no insurance for them anymore.

you get what you vote for.

Idiot,

the mandate was delayed to 2015. This is 2013.

I've been working there for three years.

THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY THEY CAN POSSIBLY HAVE MORE BUSINESS.

If they hired a rookie staff with NO management, the reviews and reputation of the Watermill would plummet to rock bottom.

You're a fucking moron.

You have proven why Centrally Planned economies ALWAYS fail, because FUCKTARDS like you think you have the knowledge and wisdom to run every different type and variety of business and service.

You just said that your employer is going to decline business now so they can cut your hours and avoid a mandate for providing insurance that starts in a year and a half.
Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds? You insult everyone here without even knowing it. That is how clueless you are.

Yes, they cutting hours for their employee, and because there is no way to reliably replace those veteran workers, they must also cut back on parties and business.

Get it fuckface?

You are lying. Businesses that are successful do not cut back on business.

Get it fuckface?

I think you should quit explaining. The libtard crowd won't believe or emphasize with you.

Is there a possibility you can risk to go without insurance a year or two?

or get medicaid - if they force you to and you need to.

The best option is to concentrate on finishing your studies as soon as possible.
If you can cut any expenses - do it ( moving with a roommate, cutting plans on cellphone, cutting eating out and some other expensive fun) - I know you are young and think you life will end without all of that, but it won't.
Loosing 24K per year is a lot. But if you can buckle up instead and finish college faster - it may turn out to be the best.

Last edited:
If this whole thing (Obamacare) allegedly (I saw another poster state this) takes place in 2015, why are employers choosing to cut their employees hours now, instead of making it effective in 2015?

Idiot,

Idiot, they enacted the changes before the obamacare was moved a year.

Last edited:

Get it fuckface?

I think you should quit explaining. The libtard crowd won't believe or emphasize with you.

Is there a possibility you can risk to go without insurance a year or two?

or get medicaid - if they force you to and you need to.

The best option is to concentrate on finishing your studies as soon as possible.
If you can cut any expenses - do it ( moving with a roommate, cutting plans on cellphone, cutting eating out and some other expensive fun) - I know you are young and think you life will end without all of that, but it won't.
Loosing 24K per year is a lot. But if you can buckle up instead and finish college faster - it may turn out to be the best.

Yes! Bootstraps! With emphasis!

The2ndAmendment,

with much less income you might be eligible for some kind of scholarship as well.

Maybe your employer is hiring more people so he doesn't have to pay all that overtime.

I'm convinced that none of you actually have hourly jobs, and are so out of touch with average American workers. These responses are so naive.

Maybe you could resist the urge to demonize employers for enough time to realize the facts of this law, and the real reason employers are no longer allowing workers to work more than THIRTY hours weekly. I'll go out on a limb and assume you know what overtime is.

The law doesn't go into effect until 2015, genius. For god's sake think before you post.

Wait till this hits liberals in the wallet. Their lives may be ruined as well.

It's already started. The howls of protest coming from union members will soon be deafening.
As of last week, the Transport Workers Union and the Int'l Longshoremans union have split with the AFL/CIO due to its support of Obamacare.
Union members who have these so called "cadillac' health insurance benefits stand to lose the most because union members typically pay little if anything toward their health insurance. Also ,their coverage is often first dollar or with very low co-pays/deductibles.
And most union member's coverage, especially public employees includes spouses and dependent children. To lose that kind of benefit on the say so of a supposedly pro union President has really got to hurt these people.
Of course Obama does not care. In his mind, everyone should be dependent upon government.
Obamacare was a job killer from the get go. Most detractors predicted this would happen. And now the chickens have come home to roost....Thx to Rev Wright. The racist piece of shit....I digress.
Of course the Obama cheerleaders are attempting to spin the ongoing reduction in hours on business itself. They say that business owners are just being greedy and are trying to avoid THE LAW( Obama's will).....Well, they are correct in one respect. Business owners are evading Obamacare...Because for the most part it's just too God Damned expensive. So either way, workers are taking it in the shorts. Because businesses will stay open. They will either keep their full staff but reduce hours..Or they will lay off workers so that some at least will have full time (40) status.

The OP's making eleven bucks an hour just on tips, on top of his wage, and he's crying poverty???

Isn't this the same poster bitching that the minimum wage is too high??

The OP's making eleven bucks an hour just on tips, on top of his wage, and he's crying poverty???

Isn't this the same poster bitching that the minimum wage is too high??

Some of you people are callous and just disgusting.

Tips are how some people make their bills

Idiot,

Idiot, businesses don't wait till 2015 to prepare for it. Use your head, Carbine.

It might have something to do with TAXES, and how they are calculated from previous years.

Or, it may be a big helping of horseshit, like 99% of what you post.

Maybe your employer is hiring more people so he doesn't have to pay all that overtime.

I'm convinced that none of you actually have hourly jobs, and are so out of touch with average American workers. These responses are so naive.

Maybe you could resist the urge to demonize employers for enough time to realize the facts of this law, and the real reason employers are no longer allowing workers to work more than THIRTY hours weekly. I'll go out on a limb and assume you know what overtime is.

The law doesn't go into effect until 2015, genius. For god's sake think before you post.

I suggest you practice what you preach.

In the previously deleted thread, all the Authoritarian scumbags were delighted that I'd be forced to get foodstamps and medicaid.

Instead of trying to create a prosperous America, they revealed their hate, spite and contempt for the working people, and made their intentions known, that they wish to drag us down with them.

Forced? When you need It its forced...When others its because they are lazy.

Stop being lazy
Oh so the fast food workers are "forced' to accept what you people allege are substandard wages'..But a guy who is losing hours because of Obamacare is 'lazy'..Make up what's left of your mind.

Hey asshole. You people voted for this shit. And now you are trying to put a happy face on this disaster.

Idiot,

Idiot, they enacted the changes before the obamacare was moved a year.

It never went into effect.

SO?

are you so damn stupid not to understand that if there is a threat reason even 2 years in advance the threatened business is going to act NOW?

gosh, you libtards, do you ever work in a real world, or are you just welfare-fed from cradle to the grave?

Get it fuckface?

You are lying. Businesses that are successful do not cut back on business.

The Watermill Catering Center is one of the most successful Catering Hals on the EAST COAST.

Peter King, Steve Israel, Gov Cuomo, and former Prez Clinton are regular guests.

Giant Mercedes Benz Christmas parties and the like.

Forum List

Back