Obama's $4 million, 17-day Hawaiian vacation

ran across these..

SNIP:
Is Michelle Obama's spending 'spiralling out of control'? First Lady 'insisted on $4m trip to Hawaii when her husband wanted local vacation'
Barack Obama 'wanted trip to Camp David, Maryland'
But his wife 'didn't want to disappoint their daughters'
'Had a pre-holiday shopping spree': National Enquirer
President flying separately on Friday afternoon

By Mark Duell

Last updated at 4:40 PM on 23rd December 2011

Comments (296) Share

Michelle Obama insisted on a pricey holiday to Hawaii when her husband would have rather gone to a presidential retreat, according to reports.

She allegedly wanted the taxpayer-funded $4million trip when Barack Obama sought instead to make the short trip to Camp David in Maryland.
Political sources told the National Enquirer that the 47-year-old’s spending is rocketing and she even went on a shopping spree before the Hawaii trip.

the rest at..
Michelle Obama 'insisted on $4m getaway to Hawaii when her husband wanted local holiday' | Mail Online

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michelle Obama: Not "Confined" At WH; I Get To Travel The World

Michelle Obama: Not "Confined" At WH; I Get To Travel The World | RealClearPolitics

From everything that has been said, obama doesn't like Camp David himself! So this is hardly credible. He does like Hawaii.

The President has the most dangerous job in America.

Quit whining about where and how he and his family take a vacation, you ungrateful pussies.

Astronauts have a more dangerous job. The government pay for your vacations?

i am pretty sure you bitched about bush taking vacation time,and he went to his own house, cost the taxpayers nothing....

You would be incorrect. I had plenty of other issues to bitch about when it came to Bush. His vacation time was the least of my concerns.

i am pretty sure you bitched about bush taking vacation time,and he went to his own house, cost the taxpayers nothing....

Uh, the airplane alone cost more than $225MILLION times 77 trips - Just so he could clear brush.

FACT IS, bush hid his vacation costs from the taxpayers. Just like he hid the death count for his little non-war in Iraq.

Go ahead ... Google it.

The little weasel (with apologies to weasels everywhere) lied and hid a lot from us.

As for bitching about Bush taking vacations ... No, I never did. The president of the United States never really gets a vacation and the job is horrendously stressful.

And, while others complained about Bush hiding out immediately after 9/11, I said I was glad he was not a target because the man is not nearly as important as the office.

I hope President Obama enjoys some down time and gets in a lot of golf. After all, Boehner plays, on average, 3 days a week and I see no reason why our president shouldn't play as well.

Fox News Claims that Obama is on Vacation More than George W. Bush

Bush spent 1,020 days of his presidency on vacation. To put this into context, John F. Kennedy spent fewer days in office, 1000, than George W. Bush spent on vacation. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David, 490 days at his Crawford ranch, and 43 days in Kennebunkport. George W. Bush spent 69 days in Crawford during his first year in office. In contrast, according to FactCheck.org, Obama spent all, or part of, 26 days of his first year in office on vacation. This was less than all three previous Republican presidents, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush, but more than the two previous Democratic presidents, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton.

Bush spent one third of his presidency "on vacation" and the tax payers footed the bill. Any way you look at it, the Obama presidency is costing us a lot less.

He already writes personal checks to help people who write to him.

Why is it that THIS president is expected to do things so much differently than any other in our history? Or, are "you" going to say you thought George (The Vacation and Spending President) Bush or Ronnie (The Tax Raising and Spending President) Ray-Gun should have stayed home and given their money to the poor?

Fact is, GObP/pubs/bags TAKE money away from the working class, including the poor. Why don't aren't "you" screaming and hollering about THAT?

The President has the most dangerous job in America.

Quit whining about where and how he and his family take a vacation, you ungrateful pussies.

I bet soldiers on the front line would beg to differ with ya:cuckoo:

Really? What job in the military (counting all who have had that job) has, for an average duration of about 6 years,

approximately a 1 in 10 chance of being KILLED while on the job?

Forum List

Back