🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

Pushing the fast foreward button on history often results in disgrace. I wonder who in that inept administration thought that stunt was a grand idea?

Stunt?

The CiC congratulating a CV group for an accomplished mission with no casualties is a stunt?

Wow.

I wonder if those brave men and women thought it was a stunt.
Landing on the carrier dressed as G.I. Joe with the Ku Fu grip was a....wait for it....

STUNT!

A commander-in-Chief congratulating a carrier group is one thing. Add theatrics and costume and soon it becomes, well....

once again, someone is showing how little they know about the Navy...and Naval aircraft.

He could not wear a suit and tie.....as much as you wish he did.

The S-3 viking is not a passanger plane.

Are you aware of how blackouts and redouts are averted when the plane hits heavy g's or negative g's?

Likely not or you would not have made the comment about what he was wearing.

It's all ham handed, poorly conceived politics from our friends on the Right.

Had Bush managed to capture or kill bin Laden, would our friends on the right be making the whining noises they're making now? What would their reaction be if someone on the Left said something irresponsible and peevish like "Bush just made a decision, he didn't kill bin Laden! He deserves no credit!"?

It's over. Obama got bin Laden. Making utterly stupid claims such as we see here from the Right reveal more than I think they'd like.

Funny...I dont recall Bush out there saying he got Hussein.

He gave credit where credit was due......

Did Obama say "I got Bin Laden" ?

I seem to remember quite a bit of congratulations to the SEAL team and very little recognition of himself. Want to pull up the text of his speech and we can discuss further?

yeah...the WH release of that photo was an accident.

I gotcha.

Had Bush managed to capture or kill bin Laden, would our friends on the right be making the whining noises they're making now? What would their reaction be if someone on the Left said something irresponsible and peevish like "Bush just made a decision, he didn't kill bin Laden! He deserves no credit!"?

It's over. Obama got bin Laden. Making utterly stupid claims such as we see here from the Right reveal more than I think they'd like.

Bin Laden received the credit for 9-11. All he did was give approval

which was exactly why Bush was not overly concerned about his capture. He was well aware that all he did was take the creidt for it.

President Obama authorized the operation that took down Bil Laden. That in itself took political will and guts. He didn't pull the trigger, but I guarantee you that if we had another Desert One (Carter's botched operation to free the Iranian Hostages that resulted in the death of 6 GI's), there would have been hell to pay.

I abhor President Obama's policies and believe that he is WRONG for America. But you have to give him credit for putting his cajone's on the line to snuff out that maggot. Good job...

Really?

With all of our covert operations....

You really think Obama gave the approval to breach an allly's airspace and conduct a military operation on their sovereign land?

I tend to doubt it.

I absolutely believe the decision to invade Pakistans airspace and risk the SEALS life required presidential approval. If it failed, it would have been his ass. Ask Jimmy Carter

which was exactly why Bush was not overly concerned about his capture. He was well aware that all he did was take the creidt for it.

I can't believe you just said that after all we have been through.

President Obama authorized the operation that took down Bil Laden. That in itself took political will and guts. He didn't pull the trigger, but I guarantee you that if we had another Desert One (Carter's botched operation to free the Iranian Hostages that resulted in the death of 6 GI's), there would have been hell to pay.

I abhor President Obama's policies and believe that he is WRONG for America. But you have to give him credit for putting his cajone's on the line to snuff out that maggot. Good job...

Really?

With all of our covert operations....

You really think Obama gave the approval to breach an allly's airspace and conduct a military operation on their sovereign land?

I tend to doubt it.

I absolutely believe the decision to invade Pakistans airspace and risk the SEALS life required presidential approval. If it failed, it would have been his ass. Ask Jimmy Carter

You just dont get it.

Why do you think Obama was not aware of fast and furious?

Becuase it included the breacing of an ally's border without the ally's governments knowledge.

Lots have been learned over the last 3 decades.

Enough said.

All this spinning is making me ill! Pass the dramamine!

How many people do you expect will read your latest post and conclude that your stilted version of history is correct?

To quote Chico Marx, "Who you gonna believe? Me or your own eyes?"

I state the truth. Bin Laden was a figure head.....easily replaced by someone else...he was not the brains nor was he the one taking action.

We eliminate Bin Laden and the next loser steps up.

We eliminate the next loser and the next one steps up.

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a one, two, three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.

#1...Bush wasn't piloting that S-3...he was a passenger
#2...hundred, if not thousands of family members here in San Diego waited another day with their loved ones in sight off Pt Loma because the President wanted a photo op.
#3...Nice backdrop "Mission Accomplished"...what mission?

San Diego is a Republican town for the most part...lots of Navy and Marines. We were NOT impressed.

Number one, San Diego used to be a Repug town back in the 70s. Not so much now or then. I lived there during that time until 84' and had property there till 2004. And the families didn't wait on Pt Loma but at North Island Naval Air Station. And when Bush landed you couldn't see the ship because flight-ops are not allowed unless you're at least past the curve of the Earth which is approx 25 miles. Usually flight-ops doesn't start till the ship is 50 miles from shore.
I think the crew appreciated the President landing and personally greeting them, eating chow with them before they went in. It takes all day for a carrier to hook up to the pier. First the Airwing hauls all of their shit off the ship, then Ship's Company finally gets to leave. When I was stationed on the Shitty Kitty it usually took 5 hrs or so after the afterbrow was raised.

How many people do you expect will read your latest post and conclude that your stilted version of history is correct?

Sure....respond to what you want...

And ignore posts that prove you wrong...such as my response to your "GI Joe" post.

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.

#1...Bush wasn't piloting that S-3...he was a passenger
#2...hundred, if not thousands of family members here in San Diego waited another day with their loved ones in sight off Pt Loma because the President wanted a photo op.
#3...Nice backdrop "Mission Accomplished"...what mission?

San Diego is a Republican town for the most part...lots of Navy and Marines. We were NOT impressed.

Number one, San Diego used to be a Repug town back in the 70s. Not so much now or then. I lived there during that time until 84' and had property there till 2004. And the families didn't wait on Pt Loma but at North Island Naval Air Station. And when Bush landed you couldn't see the ship because flight-ops are not allowed unless you're at least past the curve of the Earth which is approx 25 miles. Usually flight-ops doesn't start till the ship is 50 miles from shore.
I think the crew appreciated the President landing and personally greeting them, eating chow with them before they went in. It takes all day for a carrier to hook up to the pier. First the Airwing hauls all of their shit off the ship, then Ship's Company finally gets to leave. When I was stationed on the Shitty Kitty it usually took 5 hrs or so after the afterbrow was raised.

I didnt see this post of hers...

Bush wasnt piloting the S-3....

LMAO.....one in the co pilot seat of an S-3 is just as important as the man at the controls.

He needed the water suit (G-suit) and he needed the O2

We are dealinmg with naive individuals who criticize what they dont know.

I state the truth. Bin Laden was a figure head.....easily replaced by someone else...he was not the brains nor was he the one taking action.

Who is the next loser to step up and take his place?

Does he have the global influence that Bin Laden had? How is Al Qaida doing in recruiting now that Obama has knocked off all their leaders?

As Condoleezza Rice explained, Bush set the stage for taking out Bin Laden.

We do wish to thank Oblunder for not fucking it up!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Bush had seven years to set the stage for himself. He didn't do it. Why should one think that he had anything to do with what occured well into President Obama's term?

LOL Good question. Ask Obama how that works because other than getting Bin Laden, Obama's the first to tell you that EVERYTHING else was Bush's fault.

Does he have the global influence that Bin Laden had? How is Al Qaida doing in recruiting now that Obama has knocked off all their leaders?

They have had no impact since 2002 when we forced them to scatter.....so I cant answer that question.

I hope the killing of Bin Laden had an impact.....but we saw a change in regime in NK and no change in attitude...a change in regime in Cuba (for all intents and purposes) and no change in attitude.....

I am not one who thinks the killing of a spokesperson has an impact.

I hope I am wrong.

No joke.

And ignore posts that prove you wrong...such as my response to your "GI Joe" post.
I did respond! The aircraft carrier stunt was just that. A stunt.

Now you want us all to ignore 11 years of history and suddenly believe that bin Laden was inconsequential! Why? Because a Democrat was the one who made the decision to loose the SEALS on him rather than a Republican!

As Condoleezza Rice explained, Bush set the stage for taking out Bin Laden.

We do wish to thank Oblunder for not fucking it up!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Bush had seven years to set the stage for himself. He didn't do it. Why should one think that he had anything to do with what occured well into President Obama's term?

LOL Good question. Ask Obama how that works because other than getting Bin Laden, Obama's the first to tell you that EVERYTHING else was Bush's fault.

Interesting how that works.....no?

I have no problem giving Obama his just credit for allowing Bin Laden to be taken out. I also give him credit for the current mess in the Middle East. The Islamic fundamentalists are now in charge of most countries there. Good job Obama.

I give Obama credit for not screwing this up.

Of course, Natasha Obama could have made the same call.

I did respond! The aircraft carrier stunt was just that. A stunt.

Now you want us all to ignore 11 years of history and suddenly believe that bin Laden was inconsequential! Why? Because a Democrat was the one who made the decision to loose the SEALS on him rather than a Republican!

No sir...you did not5 respond to my post regarding your calling the Lincoln issue a stunt.

You ignored it.

What you criticized..and thus called it a stunt...was not worthy of criticism.

It is quite apparent that you are not aware of what gear is necessary to fly in an S-3 Viking.....

He was not dressing up like GI Joe.....he was properly dressed to be a passenger in an S-3...there are protocols you must follow to ensure safety of the passanger...and safety of the plane...

Al Qaeda is not what it used to be.

However Bin Laden's number 2 guy is a member of the Egytian Muslim Brotherhood. One of which is working for the Obama Administration.

I smell a rat. Perhaps UBL was sacrificed.

Forum List

Back