🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Legacy: richest got richer and poorest got poorer faster than under Bush/Republicans

Well, dupe, that has nothing to do with spending, just with paying the bills, and was never an issue until your a-holes came along. But thanks for now finally acting like adults, and not having 1%+ GDP loss phony crises every 6 months in the middle of YOUR CORRUPT PUB world depression.

I wasn't saying anything good about repubs.. They were elected to decrease debt, they never do that..

They did it during the Clinton administration. They've lowered the deficit greatly under DumBama. Without DumBama, we would probably have a balanced budget and then some to pay off the debt.
That's satire, right?

No, it's reality. Just like reality is you want to give DumBama credit for any occurrence that happens to be positive but blame Republicans and Bush when things (most of them) don't go his way.

The United States Congress are the people that write laws, create a budget and spend our money. With the exception of the Bush years, the Republicans in Congress have limited and lowered spending both during the Clinton and DumBama administrations.
You mean they obstructed all reform they could.

Yes, they did, and guess what, those reforms costs a lot of money so again, thank Republicans for lowering our deficit these past years plus putting a halt on Obama's idiotic plans that he calls reform.

Obama is inaugurated. Dow is about 8,000. Today, just a few years later, the DOW is about 18,000.

I was newly poor at the end of Bush's presidency. Today, my net worth has more than doubled, and I look forward to a comfortable retirement.

Oh, the horror of a democratic party president!

If you are going to praise anybody, why don't you praise the Federal Reserve since they are the people that pumped trillions of dollars into the market that's responsible for you doubling your money?

Well, dupe, that has nothing to do with spending, just with paying the bills, and was never an issue until your a-holes came along. But thanks for now finally acting like adults, and not having 1%+ GDP loss phony crises every 6 months in the middle of YOUR CORRUPT PUB world depression.

I wasn't saying anything good about repubs.. They were elected to decrease debt, they never do that..

They did it during the Clinton administration. They've lowered the deficit greatly under DumBama. Without DumBama, we would probably have a balanced budget and then some to pay off the debt.

You mean Clinton did. Then we got Bush and well he ruined it all. We have a republican congress now, notice how they increase the debt limit?

The President doesn't spend the money--Congress does. The President only approves or vetoes what the Congress presents.

Well Bush sure spent a lot and gave the balanced budget away fast with tax cuts.

If it's all congress then I guess our repub congress is working on balancing the budget now? Oh wait they were arguing for more spending so the debt limit was increased.

No, that's not why you increase the debt limit. You increase the debt limit for debt; in other words, money that was spent years ago. Now the bills are coming in and if the debt ceiling isn't raised, it means we can't pay our bills which means default of the US government.

Is that what you want Republicans to do?

That's satire, right?

No, it's reality. Just like reality is you want to give DumBama credit for any occurrence that happens to be positive but blame Republicans and Bush when things (most of them) don't go his way.

The United States Congress are the people that write laws, create a budget and spend our money. With the exception of the Bush years, the Republicans in Congress have limited and lowered spending both during the Clinton and DumBama administrations.

Yes that's why the debt keeps growing. Repubs are limiting and lowering. haha good one.

They're trying, but with an Obama threat of shutting down he government which the MSM would blame Republicans for, there is only so much you can do.

Want to see a balanced budget, less spending, and real social program reform? Then elect a Republican President this time around. If we get a conservative President along with the Republican house, we just may be able to accomplish these goals. But with DumBama and possibly Hillary next? Doesn't stand much of a chance.

Since when does the rabid Right Wing give a damn about wage disparity? I thought they believe, I mean really BELIEVE in market forces sorting things out and those who got phenomenally wealthy EARNED every penny of it through grueling, hard work.

Which makes one wonder about those of us working two or three jobs. We are working hard, yet...
Maybe you're just stupid? Ever consider that?
Dem policies have been a disaster for those they claim to represent: blacks, the poor, the middle class. Bernie Sanders is running on this very theme.

No question we have to do something about the rich getting richer like the OP complains about

Should we take their money and give it to poor people?
No, that never works nod the rich just figure a way to steal it back

What we need to do is end policies that continue to funnel money to those who obviously don't need it
Return to 50% rate for income over a million
Tax capital gains the same as earned income
Slash deductions
Tax stock transactions

No question we have to do something about the rich getting richer like the OP complains about

What we need to do is end policies that continue to funnel money to those who obviously don't need it
Slash deductions
Tax stock transactions

Brilliant. And who gets all this new found money? The government. The poor people will see none of it except perhaps in our never ending welfare state expansion.

Slash deductions
Tax stock transactions

Brilliant. And who gets all this new found money? The government. The poor people will see none of it except perhaps in our never ending welfare state expansion.

Good question...leads to part two of what we need to do

Do we just take the extra revenue and hand it out in poor neighborhoods? Of course not, the money would just be wasted

So, what do we do rightwinger?

We use the extra revenue to invest in infrastructure creating new job opportunities. We invest in advanced education including college and trade schools. We provide more money into healthcare for those who complain their Obamacare costs so much.

Obama is inaugurated. Dow is about 8,000. Today, just a few years later, the DOW is about 18,000.

I was newly poor at the end of Bush's presidency. Today, my net worth has more than doubled, and I look forward to a comfortable retirement.

oh you selfish lib prick- the poor got poorer under Barry. More than ever on food stamps, avg family income way down, minorities doing a lot worse under Barry.

1 – According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately one out of every six Americans is now living in poverty. The number of Americans living in poverty is now at a level not seen since the 1960s.

2 – When you add in the number of low income Americans it is even more sobering. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, more than 146 million Americans are either “poor” or “low income”.

3 – Today, approximately 20 percent of all children in the United States are living in poverty. Incredibly, a higher percentage of children is living in poverty in America today than was the case back in 1975.

4 – It may be hard to believe, but approximately 57 percent of all children in the United States are currently living in homes that are either considered to be either “low income” or impoverished.

5 – Poverty is the worst in our inner cities. At this point, 29.2 percent of all African-American households with children are dealing with food insecurity.

21 Statistics About The Explosive Growth Of Poverty Under Obama That Everyone Should Know

Of course. It is all Obama's fault. He should have relieved the plight of the poor while cutting trillions from government spending, as the Right is demanding.

If you are going to praise anybody, why don't you praise the Federal Reserve since they are the people that pumped trillions of dollars into the market that's responsible for you doubling your money?

No, I am praising Bush. After his presidency, we had nowhere else to go, but up.......

Talk about your great buying opportunity!

Obama's Legacy: richest go richer and poorest got poorer, both at a FASTER PACE UNDER DEMOCRATS AND OBAMA, than was happening under bush.

going into obama's EIGHT AND FINAL YEAR; there are STILL bout 13 MILLION MORE on food stamps then there were under Bush. Record numbers have given up looking for work completely and are now collecting a disibility check NOT related to military service, like SSI.

libs lie to themselves
So you are finally admitting that Bush/Cheney started all of it. At last some honesty!

No, I am praising Bush. After his presidency, we had nowhere else to go, but up.......

Talk about your great buying opportunity!

That's what the folks that handle my IRA did. They took our contributions but sat on it until the market started back up again. When quantitive easing was announced, they threw that money into the market.

Sorry I misconstrued your earlier response. I guess I'm just so used to liberals coming here and giving credit to DumBama for the success of the stock market as if he had something to do with it.

Slash deductions
Tax stock transactions

Do we just take the extra revenue and hand it out in poor neighborhoods? Of course not, the money would just be wasted

We use the extra revenue to invest in infrastructure creating new job opportunities. We invest in advanced education including college and trade schools. We provide more money into healthcare for those who complain their Obamacare costs so much.

Okay, so we take even more from the wealthy in taxation causing them to withdraw from the stock market and perhaps make investments overseas. Some may even move out of the country and take their business with them.

With over 18 trillion in debt, we are now going to invest in infrastructure which are temporary jobs, and free college as if we had the money.

Some will graduate and many won't. but they won't care because they have no dog in the race. It's Obama money that doesn't have to be paid back. With the economy sinking the people that do graduate will have no jobs to go to similar to what we are seeing today.

Sorry, I just don't see that as any solution.

Slash deductions
Tax stock transactions

Hey we can use the money to provide student loans. Oh wait. We did that and the result is that tuitions have outpaced inflation for over 30 years and no one can afford college anymore.
Guess that worked out OK.

Poverty is at its highest levels in at least the last 50yrs. And he just signed another awful trade deal that's gonna hurt American Workers for many years to come. Then there's the horrific Debt he's left for many future generations to suffer with.

Only the most loyal delusional Obamabots are still wearing those rose-colored glasses in regards to his tenure.

For a rabid Anti-Capitalist Communist, he sure did help the Wall Street Fatcats out on his watch. They're the only ones who seemed to prosper during his tenure. Wall Street did very well on his watch. However, Main Street? Not so much.

Slash deductions
Tax stock transactions

Okay, so we take even more from the wealthy in taxation causing them to withdraw from the stock market and perhaps make investments overseas. Some may even move out of the country and take their business with them.

With over 18 trillion in debt, we are now going to invest in infrastructure which are temporary jobs, and free college as if we had the money.

Some will graduate and many won't. but they won't care because they have no dog in the race. It's Obama money that doesn't have to be paid back. With the economy sinking the people that do graduate will have no jobs to go to similar to what we are seeing today.

Sorry, I just don't see that as any solution.
Oh yes....the old Atlas Shrugged threats that if we are not nice to our wealthy their feelings will be hurt and they will leave us

Today's wealthy benefit from the lowest tax rates, capital gains and cheapest labor rates in generations

Meanwhile, our middle class suffers with lower pay, less benefits and almost no job stability.......just the conditions our wealthy thrive on

In the late 1950's, the wealthy had a 90% marginal tax rate.

The world did not end.
Would you stop repeating this crap? It gets debunked over and over and you still dont learn.
The tax regime in the 1950s was nothing like today. There were all kinds of opportunities to escape taxation and people did.
Reagan closed most of those loopholes and lowered rates across the board. Do you understand that? Do you also understand that JFK, that notorious right wing Republican, insisted on lowering taxes to stimulate the economy and it worked? Got it now?

In the late 1950's, the wealthy had a 90% marginal tax rate.

The world did not end.
We actually built the interstate highway system and began the space program
Not much we can brag about accomplishing since Reagan

Forum List

Back