🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Legacy: richest got richer and poorest got poorer faster than under Bush/Republicans

Okay, so we take even more from the wealthy in taxation causing them to withdraw from the stock market and perhaps make investments overseas. Some may even move out of the country and take their business with them.

With over 18 trillion in debt, we are now going to invest in infrastructure which are temporary jobs, and free college as if we had the money.

Some will graduate and many won't. but they won't care because they have no dog in the race. It's Obama money that doesn't have to be paid back. With the economy sinking the people that do graduate will have no jobs to go to similar to what we are seeing today.

Sorry, I just don't see that as any solution.
Oh yes....the old Atlas Shrugged threats that if we are not nice to our wealthy their feelings will be hurt and they will leave us

Today's wealthy benefit from the lowest tax rates, capital gains and cheapest labor rates in generations

Meanwhile, our middle class suffers with lower pay, less benefits and almost no job stability.......just the conditions our wealthy thrive on

Well, then the solution is to become wealthy I guess.

In my line of work there are not only plenty of jobs, but plenty of stability as well. But when you have your Obama phone, your HUD house in the suburbs, free food and medical care, what's the point of working?

Right now we have record number of people renouncing their American citizenship to move or stay overseas thanks to taxation. It's a theory known as Action/ Reaction that liberals hate. When you take an action, nine times out of ten it's going to cause a reaction.

You raise taxes on the wealthy, yes, there will be a negative reaction.
More fear mongering on behalf of the wealthy

Make you a deal

Let's start raising the tax rate and see how many leave. When 50% of our wealthy have left, we can stop raising the rate

Let me explain something to you:

If we were able to take all the poor people in our country to an island somewhere, they would never be missed. In fact, financially and socially, our country would benefit greatly.

If we were able to take all the wealthy people in our country and move them to an island somewhere, the entire country would collapse.

Whether you are talking about the top 1%, 10%, 20% or more, those are the people that are supporting our federal government through taxation. And in fact, states and cities rely on them as well.

Tax them until 50% leave. Well, many of them already left and took their jobs with them. How did that work out for us? In fact, when it comes to multinational companies, there are trillions of dollars overseas that America will never see because of taxation.

So where would these rich people get their low wage workers?

China, India, Vietnam. Take a card......any card.

Okay, so we take even more from the wealthy in taxation causing them to withdraw from the stock market and perhaps make investments overseas. Some may even move out of the country and take their business with them.

With over 18 trillion in debt, we are now going to invest in infrastructure which are temporary jobs, and free college as if we had the money.

Some will graduate and many won't. but they won't care because they have no dog in the race. It's Obama money that doesn't have to be paid back. With the economy sinking the people that do graduate will have no jobs to go to similar to what we are seeing today.

Oh yes....the old Atlas Shrugged threats that if we are not nice to our wealthy their feelings will be hurt and they will leave us

Today's wealthy benefit from the lowest tax rates, capital gains and cheapest labor rates in generations

Meanwhile, our middle class suffers with lower pay, less benefits and almost no job stability.......just the conditions our wealthy thrive on

In my line of work there are not only plenty of jobs, but plenty of stability as well. But when you have your Obama phone, your HUD house in the suburbs, free food and medical care, what's the point of working?

Right now we have record number of people renouncing their American citizenship to move or stay overseas thanks to taxation. It's a theory known as Action/ Reaction that liberals hate. When you take an action, nine times out of ten it's going to cause a reaction.

Make you a deal

Let's start raising the tax rate and see how many leave. When 50% of our wealthy have left, we can stop raising the rate

If we were able to take all the poor people in our country to an island somewhere, they would never be missed. In fact, financially and socially, our country would benefit greatly.

If we were able to take all the wealthy people in our country and move them to an island somewhere, the entire country would collapse.

Whether you are talking about the top 1%, 10%, 20% or more, those are the people that are supporting our federal government through taxation. And in fact, states and cities rely on them as well.

Tax them until 50% leave. Well, many of them already left and took their jobs with them. How did that work out for us? In fact, when it comes to multinational companies, there are trillions of dollars overseas that America will never see because of taxation.
Nutjobber doesnt give a shit about either the poor or this country. He is motivated only by hatred and envy of those who have actually done well. If it punishes them he's for it. He's the kind of guy who would increase blood flow to the arm by tightening a torniquet around the neck.

It's always the people who never invested a dime of their own personal money in their life that want government to take everything from the wealthy. There is a belief on the left that wealthy people and business owners have a social obligation to the rest of the country.

Make you a deal

Let me explain something to you

It is the poor people who actually do the work in this country. It is the workers who generate wealth not the one percent

No, workers just work. That's what workers do. It's the leaders of an organization that create the profit.

You'll never run out of workers. There are just too many of them. But you can run out of investors.

Make you a deal

It is the poor people who actually do the work in this country. It is the workers who generate wealth not the one percent

No, workers just work. That's what workers do. It's the leaders of an organization that create the profit.

You'll never run out of workers. There are just too many of them. But you can run out of investors.

The US is one of the rare exceptions of an artificially inflated work force.
As long as there as too many workers, there are always investors.
I know many people who sit on their asses playing the market all day.
My favorite group are those who worked in the pre-Reagan era and retired to the Portfolio benefits of a Global Labor Pool.

Make you a deal

Nutjobber doesnt give a shit about either the poor or this country. He is motivated only by hatred and envy of those who have actually done well. If it punishes them he's for it. He's the kind of guy who would increase blood flow to the arm by tightening a torniquet around the neck.

It's always the people who never invested a dime of their own personal money in their life that want government to take everything from the wealthy. There is a belief on the left that wealthy people and business owners have a social obligation to the rest of the country.

I don't want to take a dime from the wealthy

I just want to discontinue policies that encourages them to continue to accumulate wealth like the OP complains about

I just ask Congress to answer a simple question....does this legislation help the wealthy more or working Americans more?

Make you a deal

The leaders shift profit from one place to the other. The actual profit itself is generated by the workers

Thirty years ago, the workers received a greater share of that profit

Make you a deal

I just want to discontinue policies that encourages them to continue to accumulate wealth like the OP complains about

I just ask Congress to answer a simple question....does this legislation help the wealthy more or working Americans more?
You understand it isnt an either/or, right? Of course you dont. You think everything will either benefit the wealthy and hurt the working class or benefit the working class and hurt the wealthy.
This is because you have an 8th grade education.

lincoln-full.jpg

Make you a deal

You understand it isnt an either/or, right? Of course you dont. You think everything will either benefit the wealthy and hurt the working class or benefit the working class and hurt the wealthy.
Maybe you could splain how that trickle down works again....

Make you a deal

The leaders shift profit from one place to the other. The actual profit itself is generated by the workers

No this is wrong. Anyone collecting a paycheck from a company is a worker. That worker might be the CEO, or the CFO.

Why dont you explain what trickle down is, since no conservative ever uses that term.

In the late 1950's, the wealthy had a 90% marginal tax rate.

The world did not end.
Would you stop repeating this crap? It gets debunked over and over and you still dont learn.
The tax regime in the 1950s was nothing like today. There were all kinds of opportunities to escape taxation and people did.
Reagan closed most of those loopholes and lowered rates across the board. Do you understand that? Do you also understand that JFK, that notorious right wing Republican, insisted on lowering taxes to stimulate the economy and it worked? Got it now?
Yet the effective tax rate was significantly higher than today
And that uber Republican JFK insisted it was too high and hurting the economy.
JFK cut rates from 90% to 70%

I'm willing to accept those rates, are you?

it does not matter where you put the tax rates. FED revenue barely gets near 20%*GDP? why is this?

6a00d8341c4eab53ef01348992e7dd970c-500wi.jpg

Make you a deal

Well if it's the worker creating the profit, why doesn't the worker take more of the profit now? The only logical answer is because it's not the workers profit.

Why dont you explain what trickle down is, since no conservative ever uses that term.
Wait...wait

I got an idear

Let's call it " supply side" ...they will never know the difference

Trickle-Down-Economics-Cart.jpg

Make you a deal

Which legislation are you talking about? The last couple things we've done with taxes on the wealthy is raise them: personal taxation for those making over 450K is up. Capital gains is up. Corporation taxes are up. What legislation are you complaining about?

I wasn't saying anything good about repubs.. They were elected to decrease debt, they never do that..

They did it during the Clinton administration. They've lowered the deficit greatly under DumBama. Without DumBama, we would probably have a balanced budget and then some to pay off the debt.

You mean Clinton did. Then we got Bush and well he ruined it all. We have a republican congress now, notice how they increase the debt limit?

The President doesn't spend the money--Congress does. The President only approves or vetoes what the Congress presents.

Well Bush sure spent a lot and gave the balanced budget away fast with tax cuts.

If it's all congress then I guess our repub congress is working on balancing the budget now? Oh wait they were arguing for more spending so the debt limit was increased.

No, that's not why you increase the debt limit. You increase the debt limit for debt; in other words, money that was spent years ago. Now the bills are coming in and if the debt ceiling isn't raised, it means we can't pay our bills which means default of the US government.

Is that what you want Republicans to do?

It clearly shows they aren't decreasing spending. They are arguing for more military spending.

Make you a deal

The US is one of the rare exceptions of an artificially inflated work force.
As long as there as too many workers, there are always investors.
I know many people who sit on their asses playing the market all day.
My favorite group are those who worked in the pre-Reagan era and retired to the Portfolio benefits of a Global Labor Pool.

People (particularly the wealthy) don't invest because there are too many workers, they invest because there is profit to be made. Too many workers only lowers the pay scale. That's the problem we're having with all these foreigners invading our country.

Forum List

Back