Obama's speech at the UN

I'm sure the dead ambassador would have prefered some protection and his life.

Might be nice if his security team had real bullets doncha think??

Would real bullets have made the situation better?

Kent State had real bullets

I think real bullets would have made a difference no doubt.
Better then the fake ammo they had.
Might as well have armed them with soopa soaker water pistols.

Good Grief...

talk about some major koolaid drinking!
th

Real bullets would have ment he could have taken some of those cock suckers with him. That's more justice than he is getting now.

Sometimes violent mobs need a spark to turn into full blown revolutions. Firing on the mob may have been that spark.
Sometimes you are in a can't win situation. Firing into the mob would have put the US in a tougher diplomatic situation
Only because pussies like you are running things.

Don't even reply to him. It was explained twice to him, actually three times and he has repeated the same piss poor analogy 3 times since. He's okay with a dead Ambassador and 3 others as long as we didn't "POSSIBLY" inflame extremists by actually...wait for it......fire back and maybe save some lives.

He's as dumb as dirt.

It's The Future MUST NOT belong to those who slander the prophet of islam speech.

It was a good campaign speech. Worthy of the DNC convention.

Nice tribute but still with the video angle in a subtle way:

That is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, as a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity.

There’s no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There’s no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.

Let us remember that Muslims have suffered the most at the hands of extremism. On the same day our civilians were killed in Benghazi, a Turkish police officer was murdered in Istanbul only days before his wedding; more than 10 Yemenis were killed in a car bomb in Sana’a; several Afghan children were mourned by their parents just days after they were killed by a suicide bomber in Kabul.

Wonder why he didnt mention the killings in Chicago as well... he is such a dumbass.

We were attacked on September 11th yet again, by Muslim extremists, and he patronizes those bastards at the UN with this dribble.

In the meantime, virtually all of the leaders of the various Islamic nations in riot demand that the U.S. government prohibit U.S. citizens from releasing or publishing works that offend their religion or be held responsible . . . as if the recent "offense", among multitudes, were not merely an excuse.

Held responsible?

We have Ahmadinejad's disgusting remarks of yesterday, more filth from him tomorrow at the U.N. . President Morsi of Egypt will be giving a speech as well in which he will say, after the attack on our Egyptian embassy, that given all the unrest it is time that the U.S. "recalibrate" its foreign policy relative to the Islamic world. What? Obama's nearly 4-year-long, appeasement-and-apology tour isn't good enough for him? LOL! Apparently Morsi wants what's left of Obama's penis, the latter's balls already gone, assuming the latter ever had any.

(Or am I missing the point? Does Obama in his heart of hearts believe that America and Israel are to blame like so many of the Islamofascist-sympathizing leftists on this board? Given some of Obama's past and present associations—like the Israel-haters George Soros, Stephen Walt, Samantha Power and others—and his treatment of Israel's leader and Israel's increasingly precarious situation . . . one begins to wonder.)

Yeah, we need to recalibrate our foreign policy alright, starting with Obama in November, then we need pull our personnel out of Egypt and Pakistan, eject theirs, shut off all aid, for starters. With regard to the latter, India is a more natural ally anyway. Now that would be a heads up.

Last edited:
What was the reaction to National Guard troops firing on students?

What would the international reaction have been if Marines had fired on the protestors and killed 20-30? Its a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. We might have felt better if armed guards had killed some protestors....but it would have escalated the situation and we would have played into AlQaedas hands

Are your brain cells dried up? What would the reaction be? Are you fucking nuts? The reaction is to protect the Ambassador at all costs, period. Not stop and think what will the Islamist extremists think?

Kent state your ass. Don't even bother answering me. You as obtuse as it gets. You just want to be right no matter how stupid your argument.

In 1770 a group of thugs surrounded British soldiers and pelted them with stones. The soldiers fired in self defense killing five of the mob.
This escalated into what was called The Boston Massacre and helped lead to the Revolution

Firing on the crowd may have made us feel better and may have been warranted, If we had killed dozens, they would have been martyred and the attacks on US property would have escallated

OH MY GOD YOUR RETARDED!

Now you are comparing the breach of sovereign American soil and the death of an American Embassodor to The Boston Massacre????

Dude you people are losing it...!

Wow!

Now, I know that not all countries in this body share this particular understanding of the protection of free speech. We recognize that. But in 2012, at a time when anyone with a cell phone can spread offensive views around the world with the click of a button, the notion that we can control the flow of information is obsolete. The question, then, is how do we respond?

True, if the Pentagon Papers case occurred today, the issue would likely be moot.

Real bullets would have ment he could have taken some of those cock suckers with him. That's more justice than he is getting now.

Sometimes violent mobs need a spark to turn into full blown revolutions. Firing on the mob may have been that spark.
Sometimes you are in a can't win situation. Firing into the mob would have put the US in a tougher diplomatic situation

If your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail

Shootouts are not always the best reaction to angry mobs. Actually, historically they never have been

His speech was nothing but platitudes. Essentially a campaign speech. The President needs to stop campaigning as though he hasnt been in office for four years. it makes him look seriously incompetant.

A beautiful tribute to Chris Stevens. And, a decided lack of apology for America's values.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/w...the-united-nations-general-assembly-text.html

Here in the United States, countless publications provoke offense. Like me, the majority of Americans are Christian, and yet we do not ban blasphemy against our most sacred beliefs. As President of our country and Commander-in-Chief of our military, I accept that people are going to call me awful things every day -- (laughter) -- and I will always defend their right to do so.

Americans have fought and died around the globe to protect the right of all people to express their views, even views that we profoundly disagree with. We do not do so because we support hateful speech, but because our founders understood that without such protections, the capacity of each individual to express their own views and practice their own faith may be threatened. We do so because in a diverse society, efforts to restrict speech can quickly become a tool to silence critics and oppress minorities.

We do so because given the power of faith in our lives, and the passion that religious differences can inflame, the strongest weapon against hateful speech is not repression; it is more speech -- the voices of tolerance that rally against bigotry and blasphemy, and lift up the values of understanding and mutual respect.

Now, I know that not all countries in this body share this particular understanding of the protection of free speech. We recognize that. But in 2012, at a time when anyone with a cell phone can spread offensive views around the world with the click of a button, the notion that we can control the flow of information is obsolete. The question, then, is how do we respond?

And on this we must agree: There is no speech that justifies mindless violence. There are no words that excuse the killing of innocents. There’s no video that justifies an attack on an embassy. There’s no slander that provides an excuse for people to burn a restaurant in Lebanon, or destroy a school in Tunis, or cause death and destruction in Pakistan.
I thought it was flawless. I normally don't listen to president's speechs, in fact I think the last one I heard was Bush after 9/11.

He hit it out of the ballpark.

"Out of the park" because his speechwriters cobbled a few glaringly obvious truisms together?

In general, his speech was lame.

A beautiful tribute to Chris Stevens. And, a decided lack of apology for America's values.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/26/w...the-united-nations-general-assembly-text.html
I thought it was flawless. I normally don't listen to president's speechs, in fact I think the last one I heard was Bush after 9/11.

He hit it out of the ballpark.

"Out of the park" because his speechwriters cobbled a few glaringly obvious truisms together?

In general, his speech was lame.

i know you gave kudos to obama in the past. therefore, in this silly season, you calling the speech just lame, is kind of a praise.

Shootouts are not always the best reaction to angry mobs. Actually, historically they never have been
Are you fucking stupid? They ARE FUCKING DEAD

What did they have to lose by having the ability to shoot back.

Fucking the sensibilities of these Neanderthal savages

Not sure if you heard this or not.. so I will cut you a teenie bit of slack.

They had RPG's and and automatic weapons.

A bit more than an angry mob dont ya think?

They were terrorists, and it was no protest.

God I hope idiots like RW are not in the majority, because if they are we are fuuuuucked!

In response to the speech, Congressman Allen West dials up the crazy to new levels.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/cong...olerance-becomes-a-one-way-st/408947045824995
---
My statement to the United Nations would have been, “The future does not belong to those who attack our Embassies and Consulates and kill our Ambassadors. The Angel of Death in the form of an American Bald Eagle will visit you and wreak havoc and destruction upon your existence”
---

Naturally, such a display of barking lunacy will cause the Tea Party crowd to love him even more.

In response to the speech, Congressman Allen West dials up the crazy to new levels.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/cong...olerance-becomes-a-one-way-st/408947045824995
---
My statement to the United Nations would have been, “The future does not belong to those who attack our Embassies and Consulates and kill our Ambassadors. The Angel of Death in the form of an American Bald Eagle will visit you and wreak havoc and destruction upon your existence”
---

Naturally, such a display of barking lunacy will cause the Tea Party crowd to love him even more.

allen west for US ambassador to the UN, can't be worse than bolton.

I think the video was relevant to the embassy attacks and killings in that the terrorists used it to help stir the protests and then hide behind the chaos. The people were protesting yet one more thing they hate about the US and it was used as a cover for the terrorists. If Ambassador Stevens thought he needed more protection, I'm sure he would have requested it. Also, a big part of security is dependent on the local governments wherever the embassies are located AND embassies are not armed to the hilt with heavy weaponry in part because the reason for the embassies is to be diplomatic representatives of this country (or whatever country) and a heavy show of weapons would contradict that impression.

I do think that we shouldn't have been there in the first place and while it is a noble cause, I think we should abandon trying to spread democracy in a region that doesn't want it. If we pull out and it gets really bad, then they can beg us to come back and maybe we can respond with a lot more force than we have in the past -- a LOT more!

All right.....now we are getting somewhere

What would have been the result if we had started shooting at the mob? Give me your best case and worst case

All right.....now we are getting somewhere

What would have been the result if we had started shooting at the mob? Give me your best case and worst case

While we wait for gramps to find his thinking cap…

Had that happened there’d be no ‘best case,’ as it would place in grave danger other American missions around the world and undermine the fundamental principles of international diplomacy.

Forum List

Back