Obama's Subtle "You Didn’t Build That" Rhetoric

Doubletap

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2012
If you missed President Obama’s 2014 State of the Union address or forgot about it as soon as he uttered the obligatory “God bless the United States of America,” you have at least this in common with your fellow Americans.

But in an election year it is useful to reflect on what Obama did in his address so you can anticipate how he might be selling his statism in the months to come.

Obama did not do what his PR folks had telegraphed to us, that is, hammer “inequality”—i.e., the need to steal from the makers to give to the takers—or, in leftist-speak, to make things “fair.” Oh, that goal was there in his policy prescriptions, but he wrapped redistribution in a rhetoric that would appeal to middle-of-the-spectrum Americans rather than hard-core expropriators.

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material. http://www.atlassociety.org/ele/blog/2014/01/31/obamas-subtle-you-didn’t-build-rhetoric

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys have this fixation on "makers" and "takers" but misidentify who is who.

Maker's make stuff. That's Labor.

Taker's take stuff. That's the 1%.

Our laws...right up to the Constitution, favor the rich. But not completely.

But because the rich use their money to legislate, they've gone far beyond the slight favor that the Constitution gives them.

And that was never original intent.

Buisiness does not exist without the government

Yep,

Government provides stability through defense and police protection for the business.
Government provides regulatory frame work and uses its economic power to favor its local businesses.
It paves the roads and educates the children

I am all for the business but these rich people would be getting raped and beaten without the government.

Yep,

Government provides stability through defense and police protection for the business.
Government provides regulatory frame work and uses its economic power to favor its local businesses.

I am all for the business but these rich people would be getting raped and beaten without the government.

Try to run your business without a monetary system

If you missed President Obama’s 2014 State of the Union address or forgot about it as soon as he uttered the obligatory “God bless the United States of America,” you have at least this in common with your fellow Americans.

But in an election year it is useful to reflect on what Obama did in his address so you can anticipate how he might be selling his statism in the months to come.

Obama did not do what his PR folks had telegraphed to us, that is, hammer “inequality”—i.e., the need to steal from the makers to give to the takers—or, in leftist-speak, to make things “fair.” Oh, that goal was there in his policy prescriptions, but he wrapped redistribution in a rhetoric that would appeal to middle-of-the-spectrum Americans rather than hard-core expropriators.

Methinks it is you who have parroted the right wing drama in this OP. Use of "collectivist and authoritarian ideology" is both inaccurate and a cliché known far and wide as the RED SCARE. I suggest you widen the scope of your learning, posting what you have is nothing short of advertising you've been brainwashed and cannot think for yourself.

Yep,

The government does these things at only 10 times the amount it should cost, yay gubment!

Without the gubment taking half their money, the rich could hire a private security force that would work better than the gubment at a much lower cost. Many have to have private security already even with the big bad gubment "protecting" them.

I had a nice rebuttal but as the OP is just lousy paste from some blog without links or credit to the author I will just call the OP a lazy parasite on more literate, productive people.

Yep,

The government does these things at only 10 times the amount it should cost, yay gubment!

Without the gubment taking half their money, the rich could hire a private security force that would work better than the gubment at a much lower cost. Many have to have private security already even with the big bad gubment "protecting" them.

It is business that cannot exist without the government protecting them

Yep,

It is government that can't exist without taking from businesses and deeming everything belongs to them........

Plagiarism.

Obama's Subtle "You Didn't Build That" Rhetoric | The Atlas Society

It is government that can't exist without taking from businesses and deeming everything belongs to them........

Partly true......the government takes from all members of society

However, the government has never laid claim that everything belongs to them

Yep,

And they do this because we paid for it through taxes....
So how about we say to you...
Government didn't pave the roads and does not educate the children...
The taxpayers do...

How do you like dem apples!!! :razz:

Yep,

And they do this because we paid for it through taxes....
So how about we say to you...
Government didn't pave the roads and does not educate the children...
The taxpayers do...

How do you like dem apples!!! :razz:

The government over see's the flow of tax payers dollars into those things. We elect these people to do just that. How do you like those apples?

They don't huh?

What can you obtain, own or do in this country that doesn't require a license, a permit or isn't taxed in some fashion?......... :eusa_whistle:

They don't huh?

What can you obtain, own or do in this country that doesn't require a license, a permit or isn't taxed in some fashion?......... :eusa_whistle:

I have a license for very few things in life

I pay taxes just like all Americans......it is part of being a citizen

They don't huh?

Typical far left response, a non answer followed by a statement of self proclaimed moral superiority to excuse the lack of substance..... :thup:

They don't huh?

Typical far left response, a non answer followed by a statement of self proclaimed moral superiority to excuse the lack of substance..... :thup:

It is true...

Unlike your extremist antigovernment rhetoric

Forum List

Back